Login

russian armor

T34 Ram Ability at 50% health is OP, LOL!

27 Jan 2021, 21:43 PM

remove of +1 vet ram ability is a good thing, however, the health required should be moved to 75% rather than 50%. As, nobody is ramming an Oswind. If your below 50, and a panther or tiger shoots you, you blow the F**K up!!! LOL. Yeah, lets make sure you cant ram until its too late, should cause a lot of cool animation of T34s exploding in mid ram for sure...

27 Jan 2021, 23:01 PM

I was always under the assumption that the ram could be used at 50% health. Otherwise, changing it to less than 75% health would be a sensible change.
27 Jan 2021, 23:44 PM

remove of +1 vet ram ability is a good thing, however, the health required should be moved to 75% rather than 50%.

I could be misunderstanding the chagelog, but I believe that the health requirement change was reverted

The only changes to Ram that are going through as of right now are:

- Ram inflicted criticals: Main Gun Destroyed, Heavy Engine Damage and Immobilized removed

- Ram no longer deals a complete stun on penetration and deflection. Instead, it will now slows target by 75% for 5 seconds and disables weapons.
28 Jan 2021, 00:14 AM

I believe the original change was to now require a +1 vet on the t34-76 before you could even use the ram ability. Then it was changed from the public outcry, to no longer require a +1 vet, now it requires the t34-76 to be less than 50% health to enable the ram ability. At least, I just came from watching a recent you-tube video, maybe its changed again since.
28 Jan 2021, 00:17 AM

I'm pretty sure they reverted that change. I think it now just has the buffed Pen and nerfed effects of no stun and being able to move.
28 Jan 2021, 00:30 AM

Also, the subject line was meant to be tongue in cheek? The T34 Ram Ability is NOT OP! For the developers to even be considering removing the ram ability is halarious, I mean talk about scraping the bottom of the barrel just to nerf something. Looks like they ran out of things to nerf from the allied side. You are sacrificing your tank to cause a damaged tank that still moves at half speed, and thats nerfable.
28 Jan 2021, 00:35 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

The majority of changes to ram are being reverted. The main issues are linked to certain off-map abilities, though, we are replacing the complete stun ram provided to give vehicles hit by this ability some ability to maneuver out of off-maps.

Reverted changed all changes; see below for updated list
Ram inflicted criticals: Main Gun Destroyed, Heavy Engine Damage and Immobilized removed
Ram no longer deals a complete stun on penetration and deflection. Instead, it will now slows target by 75% for 5 seconds and disables weapons.

https://community.companyofheroes.com/discussion/comment/288466#Comment_288466
28 Jan 2021, 00:35 AM

Also, the subject line was meant to be tongue in cheek? The T34 Ram Ability is NOT OP! For the developers to even be considering removing the ram ability is halarious, I mean talk about scraping the bottom of the barrel just to nerf something. Looks like they ran out of things to nerf from the allied side. You are sacrificing your tank to cause a damaged tank that still moves at half speed, and thats nerfable.

The problem was when the combination of it with bombing runs became meta... and nerfing bomb runs would be more unfair, so this had to take it
28 Jan 2021, 01:34 AM

Well, that bombing run takes a lot of ammunition. That tank takes gas/manpower. You burn all those resources, you should be able to blow up 1 tank. Not to mention, you still have to execute it. I tried it, never could pull it off, but I'm not that good with micro. I only play 4v4, so maybe its a much bigger problem in 1v1. But thanks for the link to the changes.
Pip
28 Jan 2021, 02:17 AM

Well, that bombing run takes a lot of ammunition. That tank takes gas/manpower. You burn all those resources, you should be able to blow up 1 tank. Not to mention, you still have to execute it. I tried it, never could pull it off, but I'm not that good with micro. I only play 4v4, so maybe its a much bigger problem in 1v1. But thanks for the link to the changes.

It's an extremely easy combo to pull off, and the munitions cost is more than worth it to delete an Elefant, Tiger, or Konigstiger. It's absolutely a cause for concern.
28 Jan 2021, 03:19 AM

Yes, it's halarious. I even see how it was discussed:
- Guys, we have T-34 and T-34-85 whose abilities suck, and talk about changes has not died down for many years.
- Exactly! Let's change Cromwell then, because nobody talks about it!
- Brilliant.
28 Jan 2021, 04:42 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Jan 2021, 02:17 AMPip

It's an extremely easy combo to pull off, and the munitions cost is more than worth it to delete an Elefant, Tiger, or Konigstiger. It's absolutely a cause for concern.
28 Jan 2021, 04:44 AM

Yes, your right, there should be a button for the Axis that says "counter bombing run". Just like there is a button on the morter that says, "counter barrage". This "counter bombing run" should automatically drop bombs on all the t34s, and su-85s on the map until destroyed, just like the "counter barrage" auto bombs all mortors, katushas, and AT guns until destroyed. No need to macro it, you just need to click it once and it stays activated, just like the "counter barrage" ability. While their at it, might as well add a "counter ram ability" button. Wait, I think thats what they just did.....
28 Jan 2021, 08:06 AM

Maybe get better with your micro and then you will be able to see seriously why it was a cause for concern
28 Jan 2021, 11:22 AM

While you are not wrong, the issue is that soviet don't really have any other answer to elefants and JTs. Heavy tanks can be gunned down by SU85s but the case mates are a lil tougher to go nose to nose. Without some reliable tool to flank they are helpless against them
28 Jan 2021, 11:24 AM

While you are not wrong, the issue is that soviet don't really have any other answer to elefants and JTs. Heavy tanks can be gunned down by SU85s but the case mates are a lil tougher to go nose to nose. Without some reliable tool to flank they are helpless against them

While you are not wrong, the axis don't really have any other answer to Allied TDs than Elefants and JTs.
28 Jan 2021, 11:39 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Jan 2021, 11:24 AMVipper

While you are not wrong, the axis don't really have any other answer to Allied TDs than Elefants and JTs.

Reeally?
Let's see:
OKW: JP4, raketen (especially since they can play aggro and retreat), JT, infantry with any sort of AT
OST: Pak, Panther, Elefant, infantry with any sort of AT.

Puma's can also be used to great effect. Unless the Ally players have unlimited sight and have no fog of war, there really isn't any problem to counter TDs. Not to mention flanking with medium tanks, which is always viable. But I guess some players just want to charge TDs head on and then complain how the range is too large and TDs are OP. I get that
28 Jan 2021, 11:43 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

Panther is strong in team games. And OKW has the JP4 that is tailored towards countering TDs.

But some of the heavy tanks are still a mess right know, in 3v3+ it's Elefant, JT and ISU all day every day.
28 Jan 2021, 11:47 AM

JP4 hardcounters all allied TDs.
Ost doesn't struggle either, especially with PGs new vet1, allowing them to easily assist any mechanized push, unless you play exclusively on long, linear maps.
28 Jan 2021, 11:52 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Jan 2021, 11:47 AMKatitof

JP4 hardcounters all allied TDs.
Ost doesn't struggle either, especially with PGs new vet1, allowing them to easily assist any mechanized push, unless you play exclusively on long, linear maps.

To be fair though it is impossible to avoid those "long, linear" maps in any mode but 1v1. 2v2 has/had probably the worst amount of this type, but there are plenty of maps in other modes as well where Ele and JP fare exceptionally well. These are not even the linear ones only.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Korea, Republic Of 5
unknown 3

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment