russian armor

64 Bit Update Bug Reporting

• This thread is locked
PAGES (12)down
3 of 6 Relic postsRelic 21 Jan 2021, 20:24 PM
Developer Relic Badge

Hi everyone,

We are targeting a hotfix for next week, here are the details:

https://community.companyofheroes.com/discussion/247003/64-bit-update-hotfix#latest

"We are focusing on some bugs that have impacted certain hardware configurations, and are aiming for a hotfix next week to address them.

This hotfix will include:

-Sync Errors related to AMD and Intel processors playing together in the same match
-A fix for another generalized Sync Error
-Addition of archive.exe (for Mod tools and World Builder users)
-A fix for a crash when applying snowcap to model without a mesh

Additionally we are targeting a server-side fix for leaderboard and player card display issues. This is unrelated to the 64 Bit Update."
21 Jan 2021, 21:33 PM
Donator 22

Player cards and leaderboards don't seem to work in game, not sure if already reported couldn't see it.
22 Jan 2021, 17:35 PM

Spectating often causes coh2 to crash. I have validated my files.
22 Jan 2021, 18:00 PM

Newly created maps now upload without the map icon/logo on STEAM. Just the grey square with a cross. Really helps to have an idea of what the map will look like when browsing.

In addition, for the love of god, can you update the highlighted mods/maps/etc in the in-game modding hub interface. Some of these maps don't even support the US base & have been there for like 5 years without changing. Give the community modders creating fresh work a chance.
22 Jan 2021, 20:13 PM

I am not sure if this has always been the case, but for me grass only renders on the lower half of the screen. So when panning the camera grass is constantly popping.

1440p 144hz
Nvidia 1080

22 Jan 2021, 20:47 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Jan 2021, 20:13 PMwuff
I am not sure if this has always been the case, but for me grass only renders on the lower half of the screen. So when panning the camera grass is constantly popping.

This seems to be related to the IMAGE QUALITY setting. When set to HIGH I get grass everywhere. When set to LOW I only get grass on half the screen.

So it seems like a speed optimization and probably was always like this.
22 Jan 2021, 20:56 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Jan 2021, 20:47 PMRosbone

This seems to be related to the IMAGE QUALITY setting. When set to HIGH I get grass everywhere. When set to LOW I only get grass on half the screen.

Yes. It was always like this. It's a draw distance all the way from COH1. Unlike most games, where you can specify exactly which settings you want to tweak in-game, here, pretty much everything is bundled up in Image quality (from draw distance, over shadows to post-processing)
22 Jan 2021, 21:27 PM

https://i.imgur.com/W9Awa4j.jpg

Camo is bugged. Squads no longer camo properly, resulting in some models still exposed and thus making the camo useless until you shimmy back and forth out of cover for it to work.
23 Jan 2021, 07:35 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Jan 2021, 20:47 PMRosbone

Ah right, thanks for the answer!
23 Jan 2021, 10:15 AM

https://i.imgur.com/W9Awa4j.jpg

Camo is bugged. Squads no longer camo properly, resulting in some models still exposed and thus making the camo useless until you shimmy back and forth out of cover for it to work.

this was also a problem before the 64 bit, try to go in and out of cover or just engage and then retry, sucks when it happens but it aint a new issue
23 Jan 2021, 13:17 PM

Many have been already mentioned but for the sake of completeness here are the bugs I have encountered so far:

1) Sandbags and OKW Trucks place-holder shadow (semi transparent silhouette that tells you where the placement will end up) disappears if the placement is obstructed. Before 64 bit upgrade the faulty placement silhouette would have had a red tint.

2) Automatch screen takes to long to load (half a minute or so)

3) No leader-boards or player cards

4) Game crashes in mid game with no apparent reason (or I havent been able to identify one)

5) Unit symbols disappear (I had an opponent's shocks unit's indicator disappear once)

6) Automatch stops searching occasionally

Finally, this is a very complex game with a VERY complex code, so this list is very minimal considering the total level of complexity. I am sure these minor issues will be fixed in no time as well.

So devs at Relic, I think a "thank you" is in order for the hard work you have been putting into a game 7 years old. Keep up the good work guys! :D

Thank you!
23 Jan 2021, 13:47 PM
Lead Strategist Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Jan 2021, 13:17 PMukyo24
Many have been already mentioned but for the sake of completeness here are the bugs I have encountered so far:

1) Sandbags and OKW Trucks place-holder shadow (semi transparent silhouette that tells you where the placement will end up) disappears if the placement is obstructed. Before 64 bit upgrade the faulty placement silhouette would have had a red tint.

2) Automatch screen takes to long to load (half a minute or so)

3) No leader-boards or player cards

4) Game crashes in mid game with no apparent reason (or I havent been able to identify one)

5) Unit symbols disappear (I had an opponent's shocks unit's indicator disappear once)

6) Automatch stops searching occasionally

Finally, this is a very complex game with a VERY complex code, so this list is very minimal considering the total level of complexity. I am sure these minor issues will be fixed in no time as well.

So devs at Relic, I think a "thank you" is in order for the hard work you have been putting into a game 7 years old. Keep up the good work guys! :D

Thank you!

hi thx
and yes all this bugs are known.
23 Jan 2021, 14:07 PM

I don't know if this only applies to 3v3 and 4v4 but when playing premade yesterday automatch was almost unplayable. Frequent disconnects despite the connection never breaking down, sync errors, search stops randomly, very weird stuff like "player XYZ has left the game" despite the player not actually leaving the game.
23 Jan 2021, 17:41 PM

is sync error especially bad now? every 2v2 random game ends in sync error mid way :faint:
23 Jan 2021, 18:01 PM

Poltawa map is still rotation contrary to patch notes. At first I though it was might need a visual issue but I actually had a game in that map so it in rotation.
24 Jan 2021, 02:42 AM
Donator 11

I had a new issue in one of the new 2v2 maps I think its road to baku (see screen shot) I tried to cap an ammo point but the flag ticker would not reduce. I moved about the point to scout for cloaked units but found none. A couple of minutes later I tried to cap it again and the same thing happened https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197972362321/screenshots/
24 Jan 2021, 08:46 AM

Just suffered my first bugsplat/sync error. Since the patch I've played.... maybe a dozen games or so, don't know if there is some useful data inside (felt fishy too lol)

AMD Ryzen 5 2600
16384MB RAM
NVIDIA GTX 1080
Behringer UMC202HD Audio Interface
Windows 10 Pro 64-bit (10.0, Build 17763)
24 Jan 2021, 12:27 PM
Lead Strategist Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Jan 2021, 02:42 AMArray
I had a new issue in one of the new 2v2 maps I think its road to baku (see screen shot) I tried to cap an ammo point but the flag ticker would not reduce. I moved about the point to scout for cloaked units but found none. A couple of minutes later I tried to cap it again and the same thing happened https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197972362321/screenshots/

do you have the replay?
24 Jan 2021, 12:46 PM

this was also a problem before the 64 bit, try to go in and out of cover or just engage and then retry, sucks when it happens but it aint a new issue
Could it be that soviet was using scorch earth?
24 Jan 2021, 14:30 PM
Donator 11

do you have the replay?

Sorry no, I know that’s dumb because I took a screenshot but it was 3am and I was a bit worse for wear.

To elaborate it was Baku South muni in the corner. It had been capped by my opponent. I moved onto it and the circle icon appeared but just didn’t move staying at max. I walked around the point to see cloaked units but nothing I then retreated as enemy approaching. I tried again a few minutes later same thing happened.
PAGES (12)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS