Profile of Partisanship
Post History of Partisanship
Thread: Partisan Anti-Infantry Squads - Cooldown on spawn tweak23 Jul 2020, 23:14 PM
I'm glad to see the consensus that the Partisan AI squad needs to be worked on. However, I am noticing that a minority of posts are actually addressing my proposal. I'm more interested in that step to improvement, rather than large scale reworks as they are likely not as feasible.
Thread: Partisan Anti-Infantry Squads - Cooldown on spawn tweak23 Jul 2020, 11:12 AM
Hello, I'd like to just preface this topic by stating that I am not particularly hard-pressed about whether or not this buff comes through. If anything, I am just curious about what the majority of the forum members here feel about what I am about to bring up.
It has been several patches ago when Partisan squads, both AI and AT variants, received a change to their ability cooldowns on spawn. I was given the impression that this was primarily to tackle the issue of AT partisans spawning to immediately snare a vehicle, which offered more or less zero counter-play. For that, I whole-heartedly agree with the change, as it was a little silly if anything else.
That said, I do not think it is ideal to also apply this change to the AI variant, as this hampers their shock value to a significant degree. Due to their relatively feeble survivability, as well as their middling if not unreliable accuracy, the loss of the ability to throw a nade means they are far less reliable in uprooting garrisoned units on call-in, and that was a convenient and powerful part of their role prior to the change. Now, if I were to face a garrisoned unit, I'd have to invest in the manpower, hope nobody spots them for the entire duration of the cooldown, then wander on over to the garrison to pop the molotov or grenade. By then, the fight is usually over.
And since I've seen a few comments on here that have disregarded the AI varient as the lesser of the two options, I am wondering how people would feel if the cooldown on spawn is either reduced (so you can still have time to pop out of a building if you were quick on reaction) or removed in order to return some power to the unit.
Thread: Partisan Tactics Rework23 Jul 2020, 11:00 AM
I'm with Hannibal on this. There's a lot of infantry play here. I'd rather there be more commander abilities that focus on utility and ambush mechanics. There was a fun idea by the mod from AE where you instead merged partisan squads into one ability, which spawned them before you chose which upgrade you wanted (similar to stormtroopers). This would free up slots for something else. I am lenient towards anti-infantry landmines, as they're congruent to the theme.
Thread: Toxic22 Jul 2020, 07:14 AM
It's always been a tad strange to me when threads like these surface. Don't take this wrong, but I will be frank and say it leads me to want to question OP's intent.
Is the answer that hard to figure out? It's a competitive game, and it requires a lot of focus. Of course people get invested and end up being emotional, which can often players getting frustrated with each other.
Why ask this in a thread? Are you assuming everyone here are the source of the toxicity? Do you think people would change because they saw this call out? If anything, this thread would achieve more in spreading negativity to those on here, as the most they'd pick up out of this would be implication that toxicity is a norm on here.
Thread: Panzergrenadiers with shreks7 Jul 2020, 07:47 AM
7 Jul 2020, 07:36 AMullumulu
Yes. Uh...was there a problem with that?
I was just leaving that comment with hopes that someone more familiar with the hard stats might be able to confirm it for me so I can keep that in mind.
Thread: Panzergrenadiers with shreks7 Jul 2020, 07:34 AM
7 Jul 2020, 07:04 AMullumulu
I am aware that the Piats have some changing to help the fact it can't hit most things that are moving.
Will need someone to confirm it since the newest stat graph I have at hand doesn't cover AT weapons.
Thread: Panzergrenadiers with shreks7 Jul 2020, 00:52 AM
It may just be a bad streak of luck.
The Panzershreck accuracy is no worse than the other handheld AT launchers.
Since you mentioned the AEC, I'd reckon it's due to the fact you're shooting at a light vehicle with a smaller size. That does influence accuracy a lot, and if it is also on the move, it's going to increase the chance the shot will miss.
Thread: Delete the Schwerer gun from the game2 Jul 2020, 09:31 AM
2 Jul 2020, 09:28 AMKatitof
Exactly! The trucks are cool. I'd like to not have it removed. So the best alternative is just change the behaviour that is annoying. I figured removing low-maintenance auto-attack would be the solution.
Thread: Delete the Schwerer gun from the game2 Jul 2020, 09:21 AM
Removing it would be rather a waste of faction flavor, but I wouldn't mind it losing the ability to attack ground units on auto-attack.
How does everyone feel about changing it to function like bofors, where it has a cooldown skill that can suppress a general area if targetted correctly.
Thread: Top 5 reasons for the good high rank game24 Jun 2020, 02:50 AM
I like sharing tips, although I sometimes feel like certain tips can be somewhat forced. Best tip out there is figuring yourself out and knowing what you're comfortable with. With that out of the way, things I found that really helped me out is:
1) Turning off classic hotkey so that you can use all the hotkeys with one hand.
2) Watching replays of other people or your own, or just watch matches featured by many of the passionate and talented casters of CoH2. Since Coh2 is a strategy game, understanding all the ways a person may play a faction or how they interact with a map is like adding a new weapon or defense to your own style.
3) Idleness is a sin, so always look at the top right of the screen where it will warn you about idle troops. Get them doing something. Mines, wires, sandbags, getting into a better position, concealing, whatever.
4) Flank. Flank. Flank. In 2v2 and 3v3 matches, I tend to find myself and teammates occasionally tunnel vision and go for only one avenue of attack. That's generally going to only end in a quagmire of attrition. Be smart. Either pull back enough to force the opponent to over extend (such as luring assault troops into bad cover or a firing line), or find routes that would allow you to surround and attack from every direction.
5) Focus fire. In early game when you clash with multiple squads, getting into cover is good, but being able to focus down one squad rather than spreading out the damage is often what determines the winner. The sooner a squad is wounded, the sooner they are likely to retreat, which ultimately means less models shooting. That's a win in most cases.
6) Edit add: in 2v2 and higher player count matches, if you facing an impasse on your side, it is far easier and more effective to lean on helping your teammate out and forcing their opponent to collapse under your combined attack. Just be sure not to over commit unless you plan to collapse your own side while you're at it.
Latest replays uploaded by Partisanship
Ladders Top 10