Login

russian armor

Maxim reinforce cost

11 Jan 2021, 23:00 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Jan 2021, 12:11 PMSerrith

I know the 50cal is statwise better, but it too deathloops and it only has 4 men. Should the 50 recieve extra models? 50cal models have the same RA as maxim(machine gun) models.

"Statwise better" is a bit of an understatement I feel. The .50 cal is vastly better at suppressing

I've airdropped .50 cals for a soviet teammate before in 2v2. They are ferocious as hell
12 Jan 2021, 01:03 AM

"Statwise better" is a bit of an understatement I feel. The .50 cal is vastly better at suppressing

I've airdropped .50 cals for a soviet teammate before in 2v2. They are ferocious as hell

Aye, I've got a bud that loves to do the same. It's crazy how much actually stopping the enemy from walking up to the mg helps mitigate a deathlooped.
12 Jan 2021, 03:50 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Jan 2021, 04:17 AMtheekvn
120mm mortar crews are 5 now to prevent 1 man mortar squad.

Strange, I wonder why they didn't just increase the minimum crew size to 2. Nevertheless that's a single example of a niche unit that already has an unusual characteristic (one-man artillery).
12 Jan 2021, 07:48 AM

Strange, I wonder why they didn't just increase the minimum crew size to 2. Nevertheless that's a single example of a niche unit that already has an unusual characteristic (one-man artillery).

it a animation issue.
12 Jan 2021, 16:15 PM

I think OP provides good logic for why this nerf can probably be reverted. The only concern I would have is that this nerf was prior to the introduction of Mobilize Reserves so buffing the reinforce cost of Maxims might make Conscript builds a little too MP efficient in the late game but that probably wouldn't be overly oppressive in my estimation
12 Jan 2021, 16:18 PM

I think OP provides good logic for why this nerf can probably be reverted. The only concern I would have is that this nerf was prior to the introduction of Mobilize Reserves so buffing the reinforce cost of Maxims might make Conscript builds a little too MP efficient in the late game but that probably wouldn't be overly oppressive in my estimation

Mobilise reserves do not work on any other squad then cons.
They are reinforcing for regular 20 when recrewing anything.
12 Jan 2021, 16:42 PM

MR could include weapons crews as well simply as a convenience change. Typically you reinforce them with merge anyway, so the cost is already covered this way, it's jsut a bit of extra micro now.
Pip
12 Jan 2021, 19:22 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Jan 2021, 16:18 PMKatitof

Mobilise reserves do not work on any other squad then cons.
They are reinforcing for regular 20 when recrewing anything.

He's not suggesting that Mobilise would work on Maxims, but that if Maxims are more efficient, this being coupled with Con reinforce rates being very low might make SOV too cost-efficient in terms of MP.
12 Jan 2021, 19:29 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Jan 2021, 19:22 PMPip

He's not suggesting that Mobilise would work on Maxims, but that if Maxims are more efficient, this being coupled with Con reinforce rates being very low might make SOV too cost-efficient in terms of MP.

The whole point is to rid of moot increased reinforce cost to make maxims a wee bit more cost efficient without changing other stats.

At the moment there is no reason at all to NOT let maxim get decrewed and crew it with literally anything else for that rifle DPS increase, because its stock, shitty, useless crew costs as much as cons as a relic of the time where maxim was dominant.
13 Jan 2021, 16:25 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Jan 2021, 19:29 PMKatitof

The whole point is to rid of moot increased reinforce cost to make maxims a wee bit more cost efficient without changing other stats.

At the moment there is no reason at all to NOT let maxim get decrewed and crew it with literally anything else for that rifle DPS increase, because its stock, shitty, useless crew costs as much as cons as a relic of the time where maxim was dominant.

If the gun is shitty and can't properly do its job, people will still not buy it. The main issue is the Maxim not being able to control blobs, those 50 MP you save over the course of a whole game won't make up for still ending up with a bad and unreliable MG.
13 Jan 2021, 17:04 PM

If the gun is shitty and can't properly do its job, people will still not buy it. The main issue is the Maxim not being able to control blobs, those 50 MP you save over the course of a whole game won't make up for still ending up with a bad and unreliable MG.

No, but modders don't seem very open to the idea of boosting its stats anymore despite soviets having viable infantry now(or because of it), so we might as well just drop this old, rusty anchor that no longer serves any purpose instead.
I'm working here with that I have instead of dreaming of buffs that won't happen "because maxim spam meta".

If its supposed to be bad, at least make preserving its crew not be another shot to the foot.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★