Login

russian armor

[Winter Balance Update] OKW Feedback

• This thread is locked
PAGES (27)down
16 Dec 2020, 18:00 PM

We looked into giving Raketen reverse, but it seems to be impossible to give it both reverse and retreat. Though we will look into whether or not it's possible to extend the range at which a move order behind the unit has it move backwards. Right now it's only 15-20 range I believe, any further away makes it turn around. I'd hope to extend this to 40-50 range.

this looks a good solution thanks for your efforts.
16 Dec 2020, 18:15 PM

We looked into giving Raketen reverse, but it seems to be impossible to give it both reverse and retreat. Though we will look into whether or not it's possible to extend the range at which a move order behind the unit has it move backwards. Right now it's only 15-20 range I believe, any further away makes it turn around. I'd hope to extend this to 40-50 range.

Thanks for giving it a go!
16 Dec 2020, 18:28 PM

As far as I know one can change the "retreat" plan so that unit moves backwards instead of rotating first.
Pip
16 Dec 2020, 21:07 PM

Is it possible to force it to move forwards before turning when asked to retreat? If it didn't pivot on the spot before wheeling itself away that might help alleviate some of the issues people have with the Rak's retreat.
16 Dec 2020, 23:17 PM

Well the Kubel change is the anti-Sniper tool improvement I didn't know was needed, but it really was needed B-) Had been using JLI to try and more reliably deal with them (not practical against awake opponents barring some sophisticated trap laying) or distraction + flank. Or Luchs...... a reliable anti-Sniper tool is finally nice.
17 Dec 2020, 07:16 AM

V3 OKW changes

Kubelwagen
The following changes will make the Kubelwagen more effective on the move focused primarily on sniper. Previously, a Kubelwagen would do no damage when chasing down a sniper due to its extremely high penalties on its burst duration.
- Kubelwagen moving burst duration from 0.1 to 0.75
- Kubelwagen moving cooldown from 0.1 to 0.8

Panzer II Luchs
The Panzer II is having its detection range increased to improve its ability to hunt camouflaged infantry units and perform a basic scouting role.
- Camouflage detection from 5 to 15

Forward Retreat Point
The Battlegroup Forward Retreat Point is having its cost reduced to better reflect its current value in-game.
- Cost from 300 manpower to 250
17 Dec 2020, 07:40 AM

Kubelwagen

A good change, Kubel moving DPS was notoriously bad. Can we now reduce the built time also?

Panzer II Luchs

A change fitting for the role good jod. PLS tone down suppressive fire.

Forward Retreat Point

A good change.
19 Dec 2020, 02:38 AM

I have been becoming concerned about the timing of the Flammhetzer. Previously it came too late to make much of a difference outside of ultra-urban maps but watching a few 1v1 games I do wonder if now it comes too soon? How do people see the new timing?

I just can't shake this feeling that if it makes it to live in the current state, it'll seriously wreck things.
19 Dec 2020, 18:02 PM

Battlegroup Headquarters
Experimental
Given the cost efficiency of the new OKW medics, we want to try one an iteration that makes medics less difficult to backtech to and give OKW more options without needing to pay a large amount of resources for basic indirect-fire.

- 150 manpower and 10 fuel: Offers Le.IG upon completetion which now comes from off-map
- Medic Upgrade Cost: 50 manpower and 10 fuel
- Battle Group Upgrade: 100manpower and 20 fuel: unlocks 251 Flak Half-track, the UhU Searchlight
- Half-Track, Infantry Weapon Upgrades, and ability to reinforce: 15 second research time

So let me get this straight. For 150 mp and 10 fuel Okw gets The medic truck that can reinforce and gives a leig for free? LOL. First off the Leig for free is BS, and it will ruin teamgames by being a tanky forward refreshment for 150 mp
19 Dec 2020, 18:23 PM

Battlegroup Headquarters
Experimental
Given the cost efficiency of the new OKW medics, we want to try one an iteration that makes medics less difficult to backtech to and give OKW more options without needing to pay a large amount of resources for basic indirect-fire.

- 150 manpower and 10 fuel: Offers Le.IG upon completetion which now comes from off-map
- Battle Group Upgrade: 100manpower and 20 fuel: unlocks 251 Flak Half-track, the UhU Searchlight
- Half-Track, Infantry Weapon Upgrades, and ability to reinforce: 15 second research time

So let me get this straight. For 150 mp and 10 fuel Okw gets The medic truck that can reinforce and gives a leig for free? LOL. First off the Leig for free is BS, and it will ruin teamgames by being a tanky forward refreshment for 150 mp

I don't like this change either. It looks way too complicated and confusing.
19 Dec 2020, 18:39 PM

Battlegroup Headquarters

You have to upgrade it before it can reinforce outside of the base sector, which works out to +50MP & +5F more than current live version.
19 Dec 2020, 18:40 PM

Battlegroup Headquarters
Experimental

Medic truck can not reinforce that requires seperate upgrade.

Since OKW do not have a T0 mortar leig access simply bring OKW tech closer to USF after revamp.
19 Dec 2020, 19:06 PM

Battlegroup Headquarters
Experimental

I am fairly sure they mean that you can build the leig from the med truck, not that you get a leig for free.
19 Dec 2020, 20:01 PM

No, forward reinforcement is disabled until fully upgraded and the ISGs now spawn offmap. And it only unlocks the ISG for recruitment, you don't get one.
19 Dec 2020, 20:07 PM

I have been becoming concerned about the timing of the Flammhetzer. Previously it came too late to make much of a difference outside of ultra-urban maps but watching a few 1v1 games I do wonder if now it comes too soon? How do people see the new timing?

I just can't shake this feeling that if it makes it to live in the current state, it'll seriously wreck things.

I don't think that , it is a light tank that can only hurt infantry , in the time it came there should be alot of counters for it, also its damage not that impressive.
19 Dec 2020, 20:32 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Dec 2020, 20:07 PMOlfin

I don't think that , it is a light tank that can only hurt infantry , in the time it came there should be alot of counters for it, also its damage not that impressive.

Its medium with P4 level armor.
19 Dec 2020, 22:44 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Dec 2020, 20:32 PMKatitof

Its medium with P4 level armor.

Actually it is a light tank and its armor far more weaker than P4 (Historically).

In game I don't used alot, but I remember when I used it its armor was weak as it should be, because it is a light tank, and there is no reason that it should have P4 armor.

19 Dec 2020, 22:47 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Dec 2020, 22:44 PMOlfin

Actually it is a light tank and its armor far more weaker than P4.

Not in this game.
19 Dec 2020, 22:53 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Dec 2020, 22:47 PMKatitof

Not in this game.

I updated my answer, and since I didn't use it alot I won't argue with that , I may be wrong.

any way, Do u think it is op now ?
and if yes do u think that there is a better solution? because right now both hetzer and ostwind are useless
19 Dec 2020, 23:59 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Dec 2020, 20:07 PMOlfin

Are we talking about the hetzer? Damage not impressive? That thing goes through infantry like warm knife through butter. It's best used as a flanking weapon. If the AT gun does not get the first shot in, most likely you will be able to burn the whole area. 180 armour + 640 HP ensures that it can survive one snare and target size of 15 (smallest of all tanks I think) can be utilized to great effect. People mostly just charge in head on with it and get wrecked. Right now it probably comes a bit too soon. It's not OP nor anything, just the timing might be a bit wonky. Don't know TBH.
PAGES (27)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS