Login

russian armor

[Winter Balance Update] OKW Feedback

• This thread is locked
PAGES (27)down
26 Nov 2020, 21:46 PM

Please use this thread for all OKW-specific feedback on the Winter Balance Preview

Scope
In regards to your feedback, please keep the following in mind:
The focus of this patch is: Core Armies, Meta Problems, And Quality of Life Improvements.

OKW patch notes:

V2 notes:

Here is the link to the steam Preview mod:
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2299363388
26 Nov 2020, 21:53 PM

how are these changes going to help early okw game? Schreck won't do to much against LV because it can be kitted and you lose a lot of ai power if you get it (muni for other upgrades included).
I hoped for some okw buffs to help it in 1v1. It is by far the worst faction now in 1v1. Just my 2 cents.
26 Nov 2020, 21:58 PM

Volks remaining as they are for inf fights is a feasible option I suppose as Obers are available earlier, but how that'll translate in practice we'll see. SP Flamethrower and minesweeper are still exclusionary unless I misread, is this intentional? Potentially too powerful I suppose.

Medic QoL buff should be appreciated by virtually everyone, esp for congested fwd trucks.

Medics being available after being built should go a long way towards improving the backteching for medics and incentivise trucks in the base a bit. Unsure how it'll affect the 1v1 situation.
26 Nov 2020, 22:04 PM

I'm not sure how I feel on the Sturmpioneer buffs. I don't really think they're needed, except maybe the popcap reduction. No matter how you change it the 1 panzershreck is always gonna suck since the squad will suck at both AT and AI.
Could Volks get a small buff to help them scale better?
26 Nov 2020, 22:06 PM

how are these changes going to help early okw game? Schreck won't do to much against LV because it can be kitted and you lose a lot of ai power if you get it (muni for other upgrades included).
I hoped for some okw buffs to help it in 1v1. It is by far the worst faction now in 1v1. Just my 2 cents.

I suggest reading changes to LVs for other factions to answer your concern.

Also, I feel like panthers are getting all too much of everything while not having to give up anything at all.
Puma sight change is amazing, AEC will finally have a fighting chance and super mobile, long range, self spotting AT vehicles were always a problem, this was last spammable one.
26 Nov 2020, 22:13 PM

IR halftrack
Can it just detect camouflaged units within the arc of it's searchlight?
26 Nov 2020, 22:58 PM

Suggestions

Strumpioneer

new upgrade "Camouflage" (25 munitions) squad becomes cloaked in cover

requires 1 deployed truck

Panzerschreck upgrade removed

Panzerfusilier

Panzerschreck upgrade removed

Obersoldaten

moved from Schwerer Panzer HQ to Command HQ require 1 deployed truck

new Panzerschreck package (100 munitions) obers squad gains 2 Panzerschrecks

Panzerschrecks are available immediately similar to ostheer Pgrens

LMG34 and IR STG44 requires Schwerer Panzer HQ

26 Nov 2020, 23:01 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Nov 2020, 22:58 PMKT610

moved from Schwerer Panzer HQ to Command HQ require 1 deployed truck

new Panzerschreck package (100 munitions) obers squad gains 2 Panzerschrecks

MIDGAME PANZERSHREK OBERS :E
26 Nov 2020, 23:10 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Nov 2020, 23:01 PMTomDRV

MIDGAME PANZERSHREK OBERS :E

they cost the same as pgrens so they'd fit the same role or you could wait till your Schwerer is up and give them Lmg34s or IR stgs44 and run them in their classic anti-infantry role
26 Nov 2020, 23:18 PM

I think it's pretty clear ballance team is working with fine adjustments so anything like new abilities or other serious changes are not possible.
I still think early game is too much of a strugle for okw vs UKF and USF. They lose in AI department and are bullied by LV.
26 Nov 2020, 23:42 PM

Okay, I just played some 2v2 test games with Kobald, Storm, Tomy, Spaget, etc We're all relatively high rank and we all agree that the fact Hetzler and Ostwind come before panzer authorization is completely broken.

The build goes like this > 3 volks > Med HQ > flak HT. Because you don't have to spend healing crates (cause of the medics change) you get around 120 munitions at that flak HT timing and you can get 2 STGs and a flak HT at like minute 4-5. This early game spike spirals into a fast Ostwind/Hetzler way too fast. There's nothing to reliably pen the Hetzler by the 12 minutes it comes out. It can frontally kill all current at guns. Especially if someone tries to go for the new penals.

Please for the love of god don't let this go live D:
27 Nov 2020, 00:13 AM

WTF with BFHQ???
Luchs suppressive fire maybe move to vet1 or vet2
Volks mp40 and Ober Irstg44 be one commander ability plz
Replace Ober default RA or vet3 RA be damage reduction plz
27 Nov 2020, 00:36 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Nov 2020, 22:04 PMSpoof

Could Volks get a small buff to help them scale better?

Hell no. They are scaling very good aganist allied mainlines with sandbags.
27 Nov 2020, 00:43 AM

Hell no. They are scaling very good aganist allied mainlines with sandbags.

Once Allies get their mainline upgrades unvetted Volks are easily massacred, which is a big problem since they are needed to snare. Besides, you could make the same argument for Infantry Sections. They scale even better with sandbags.
27 Nov 2020, 01:14 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Nov 2020, 00:43 AMSpoof

Once Allies get their mainline upgrades unvetted Volks are easily massacred, which is a big problem since they are needed to snare. Besides, you could make the same argument for Infantry Sections. They scale even better with sandbags.

So you lost all your volk squads by the time rifles/IS get 2x bars/brens? You need to build fresh non vetted volks? Unvetted rifles also get massacred by obers and vetted upgraded volks. So don't quite see the problem. After this patch OKW will probably be a free win in 2v2s in capable hands with a bit of RNG on their side. Rushing flak to deny area and just massacre infantry forces the enemy to go for the ATG. At that point you avoid the ATGs and wait for the hetzer to close the game. A bit of smart play with the hetz (like flanking with it) so it doesn't get snared and you kill 1-2 ATGs with it and poof. I'm sure that NorthfireZ is not the last one to report that the timings of OKW are broken with the huge medic buff.
27 Nov 2020, 01:19 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Nov 2020, 00:43 AMSpoof

It's not like Volks don't have their own ugprade that eliminates their big weakness, especially agaisnt SOV.

Regarding Sturmpios, I don't think pop change is a good idea. Lower pop means less MP upkeep for teh entire game, but I feel that OKW is the faction that suffers the least from manpower bleed in the early and mid game, Volks are already very cost efficient. Maybe Volks could get conscript-like field repairs at higher vet or with some extra tech to help reduce the workload for Sturmpios in the late game?
27 Nov 2020, 01:21 AM

What about an AT rifle upgrade for stumpioeer ? It will be better vs light vehicle like the UC and M3 scout. A Shreck upgrade to replace AT rifle once a certain struck is set up will help with the scaling.
27 Nov 2020, 02:20 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

-Might as well give Volks faust after the truck is built and adjust other light cars accordingly (buffs).

-While at first i thought about the sandbag change, i think the new BHQ medic change will completely offset that cause it will give it a huge boost to OKW early game efficiency, in combination with small adjustments to SP as well.

-IR HT: i think you could give them Spec ops flares to the unit and free a slot for that commander while giving it a real good use to the unit.

-Panzer authorisation: make the upgrade required for the Flak gun to operate, but not necessary to be rebought (if the Flak HQ is destroyed) in order to get tanks. Reduce vision on the Flak HQ.

Please for the love of god don't let this go live D:

I think there is merit to be concerned about Hetzer but i'm not sure how the Ostwind compares to the timing of the OH one.
27 Nov 2020, 02:26 AM

I think there is merit to be concerned about Hetzer but i'm not sure how the Ostwind compares to the timing of the OH one.

150 fuel cost okw vs 155 fuel cost ost. Okw requires MUCH less manpower thou. It's not even fair.
27 Nov 2020, 02:34 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

150 fuel cost okw vs 155 fuel cost ost. Okw requires MUCH less manpower thou. It's not even fair.

I'm equally concerned about the mp spent, an aspect which is generally forgotten.
PAGES (27)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight