Login

russian armor

[Winter Balance Update] USF Feedback

• This thread is locked
PAGES (20)down
10 Jan 2021, 09:04 AM

I like the regular smoke as it is. Lots of smoke, good AOE. WP would do nothing since it's mostly a small AOE and takes time to do damage and would probably cost munitions.
10 Jan 2021, 16:53 PM

what the scott needs, i think, is an INACCURATE barrage option, something more like a howitzer barrage where it could potentially damage a whole area. since usf lack rockets its difficult to break up a wall of infantry and a little scatter might go a long way.
10 Jan 2021, 16:57 PM

what the scott needs, i think, is an INACCURATE barrage option, something more like a howitzer barrage where it could potentially damage a whole area. since usf lack rockets its difficult to break up a wall of infantry and a little scatter might go a long way.

And how laughably fast would it need to shoot for something like that to be of any effect?
10 Jan 2021, 17:00 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Jan 2021, 16:57 PMKatitof

And how laughably fast would it need to shoot for something like that to be of any effect?

not reaslly any faster than now. and even if it did, the scatter would prevent it from being OP against anything but the scenario highlighted. im not talking katy level of shots here, but ml-20 would be acceptable.

the idea is that anything in the area COULD get hit, vs the current small zone of impact. even if RNG, at least they would have SOMETHING that could maybe effect a wider area...
Pip
10 Jan 2021, 17:05 PM

not reaslly any faster than now. and even if it did, the scatter would prevent it from being OP against anything but the scenario highlighted. im not talking katy level of shots here, but ml-20 would be acceptable.

the idea is that anything in the area COULD get hit, vs the current small zone of impact. even if RNG, at least they would have SOMETHING that could maybe effect a wider area...

You might be better off advocating for airburst shells of some sort then. Huge AOE/relatively low damage shells to soften units significantly in a wide area, but being unlikely to kill anything. I'm not sure if that would even be that desirable though.
10 Jan 2021, 17:08 PM

I guess that one can start moving the scott around during the barrage if one want to increase the scatter area.
10 Jan 2021, 19:03 PM

White phosphorus barrage would do the trick on that too. Lock it behind vet 1, shared cooldown. Get rid of smoke dispenser, unnecessary anyway with the smoke barrage
10 Jan 2021, 19:41 PM

White phosphorus barrage would do the trick on that too. Lock it behind vet 1, shared cooldown. Get rid of smoke dispenser, unnecessary anyway with the smoke barrage

Smoke barrage is in my opinion superior to WP. At least in it's current form on Scott. Large AOE, no muni cost, Ability to carpet it. Indispensable in team games. Don't know how many times I've won an engagement thanks to Scotts smoke barrage covering tanks from Elefants and other menaces.
10 Jan 2021, 20:04 PM

Smoke barrage is in my opinion superior to WP. At least in it's current form on Scott. Large AOE, no muni cost, Ability to carpet it. Indispensable in team games. Don't know how many times I've won an engagement thanks to Scotts smoke barrage covering tanks from Elefants and other menaces.

Yeah the smoke barrage serves a different role than WP though. I'm talking about removing the vet 1 personal smoke, not the smoke barrage. My point is that it doesn't need the personal smoke because it has the barrage
10 Jan 2021, 20:42 PM

Yeah the smoke barrage serves a different role than WP though. I'm talking about removing the vet 1 personal smoke, not the smoke barrage. My point is that it doesn't need the personal smoke because it has the barrage

Oh, sorry about that. Yeah, if one removes the self smoke canister, that would be a big hit to it's survivability that would have to be offset by WP or something like that.
10 Jan 2021, 20:48 PM

Oh, sorry about that. Yeah, if one removes the self smoke canister, that would be a big hit to it's survivability that would have to be offset by WP or something like that.

WP is really effective against AT guns and it temporary disables main guns on tanks so I think it would be a safe trade
10 Jan 2021, 21:54 PM

Can it just...actually do damage?

This thing is supposed to replace Rocket Arty in the USF roster.
10 Jan 2021, 22:12 PM

Can it just...actually do damage?

This thing is supposed to replace Rocket Arty in the USF roster.

What scott lacks in alpha strike damage the werfer and stuka have, it more than makes up for in continuous bleed. What remains to be seen, once more people start playing it, whether the patch will kill it or do something about it. While I do not know who complained about scott being UP or OP, for such big reworks to hit it. Time will tell.
10 Jan 2021, 22:14 PM

What scott lacks in alpha strike damage the werfer and stuka have, it more than makes up for in continuous bleed. What remains to be seen, once more people start playing it, whether the patch will kill it or do something about it. While I do not know who complained about scott being UP or OP, for such big reworks to hit it. Time will tell.

Right, the idea was to trade wiping potential for consistent bleed, thats fine. I just don't want them to kill it in this patch by turning into a glorified Mortar. Yes, abilities like WP is great, but it doesn't help you punish blobs, which is its intended function, not fighting weapon teams. You already have both the Mortar and the Pack to do that with.

Either let it do its job or else give us the Priest instead.
11 Jan 2021, 04:57 AM

Yes, abilities like WP is great, but it doesn't help you punish blobs, which is its intended function, not fighting weapon teams.

WP can absolutely help with blobs. You have to place it well but that's true for any artillery firing on a blob

The damage + the slowing effect can be a great setup for fucking up a blob. Rocket arty is still better of course but WP is by no means useless against blobs
13 Jan 2021, 09:37 AM

QoL Change:

Can we make the icons for the Sherman HE and AP rounds more distinctive? I'm constantly having to check the tooltip to see which ammo I currently have selected.

Talking with some other USF players, this seems to be a common problem.
13 Jan 2021, 09:55 AM

QoL Change:

Can we make the icons for the Sherman HE and AP rounds more distinctive? I'm constantly having to check the tooltip to see which ammo I currently have selected.

I agree. I would also change the text to be more clear for most toggle abilities something like:
Currently using AP rounds press for switching to HE rounds
13 Jan 2021, 15:26 PM

We need stock rocket arty for USF for sure. We are crying for it. Pak walls just deny USF in some maps that lack flanking.
14 Jan 2021, 07:37 AM

We need stock rocket arty for USF for sure. We are crying for it. Pak walls just deny USF in some maps that lack flanking.

I agree, also they can't decide if the M8 Scott should be a bootleg Brumbar/Crappy Sherman HE variant or the USF rocket artillery. I am personally against any performance nerfs to the M8 Scott. What I would rather see instead is a price increase.

The M8 Scott costs roughly around 260 MP and 75 Fuel if im not mistaken. Panzerwerfer/Katyusha costs roughly 360 MP and 85 Fuel. The Cost of the M8 Scott should increase to 360 MP/85 Fuel and given some slight buffs.
Vet 2 -20% scatter should apply to both the the Auto Attack/Fire and the Barrage. M8 Scott could also either bonus damage to buildings/MG/AT Guns (even if that meant less damage done to Infantry Squads) or White Phospherous Rounds.

Any nerf to the units performance would simply kill the Unit as a single M8 Scott is useless (compared to a panzerwerfer or Katyusha vs defense walls)
14 Jan 2021, 10:34 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

QoL Change:

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Jan 2021, 09:55 AMVipper

I agree. I would also change the text to be more clear for most toggle abilities something like:
Currently using AP rounds press for switching to HE rounds

+1 to both of these.
PAGES (20)down
2 users are browsing this thread: 2 guests

Livestreams

Germany 24
Germany 457

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L