Login

russian armor

[Winter Balance Update] General Discussion

• This thread is locked
PAGES (44)down
29 Nov 2020, 06:59 AM

Instead of making fresh T-34s unable to ram, how about making a big target indicator on the targeted vehicle to warn the Axis player that a T-34 is about to ram their tank? The T-34 gets a "wind-up" duration of 2s before charging to let the opposing player react.
That and/or make it so that if the T-34 gets penetrated while charging (by mines or AT weapons), the T-34 will be mini-stunned for 0.5-1s, cancelling the ram. That would encourage Axis players to actively support their heavy tanks, combined-arms style.
29 Nov 2020, 07:13 AM

how about ram becomes available once t34 is 30% health or main gun destory.

that will make more sense to sacrifice a damaged tank. and can be shot down with the lower health while charging towards you.

30% health is 192hp.

instead of locking behind vet1, which is a bit harsh imo.
29 Nov 2020, 07:23 AM

A QoL feature that I always felt was missing from the game is some kind of UI indicator for mines. Their tiny models, half-faded or not, are often very easy to miss amidst constantly changing terrain.

It's often very difficult to double check on your own mines as they're not easy to make out.
29 Nov 2020, 07:46 AM

Do we really need manual reloading of clip based units? Why cant these units automatically have their clips replenished after being out of combat for a while?
29 Nov 2020, 08:14 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Nov 2020, 07:46 AMf1nggy
Why cant these units automatically have their clips replenished after being out of combat for a while?

Because then they would likely often start reloading at a bad timing out of the player's control, which would lead to frustration, and it would be abusable by someone who learns the reload timings (trigger a burst, walk away, wait x seconds for the reload to start and come back while the unit is reloading).
29 Nov 2020, 09:25 AM

Because then they would likely often start reloading at a bad timing out of the player's control, which would lead to frustration, and it would be abusable by someone who learns the reload timings (trigger a burst, walk away, wait x seconds for the reload to start and come back while the unit is reloading).

talking of it, i kind of think the CD of the reload is quite long, is it intended ?
29 Nov 2020, 11:37 AM

So i've played a few games, mainly wehr vs usf/sovw, haven't tried much else. My main thing i drew away from it was that the meta will remain exactly the same for wehr and even more stale now than before, with 5man grens being nerfed there isn't really any value to sacrificing your early game with shitty grens when you could simply just get ostruppen, and if you nerf ostruppen the faction becomes nigh unplayable now.

Like the incentive before with 5man grens was that you'd get a really overpowered squad but you would smash asunder your early game, now that that's gone there's no point in going 5man because you're destroying your early game for a mid-level squad at best. And honestly why would anyone even wanna bother? Just go ostruppen.

I feel like these changes are trying to do magic here more than anything, you can't decide to make the meta less stale by ignoring the glaring issues a faction has. grens aren't good mainline and haven't been. And this refusal to buff them to make them usable will always force people into alternatives that avoid them, Assgren/ostruppen. If you want the 1v1 meta to stop being stale, then you simply have to buff them. There isn't any other solution that really exists for it.

Hi, I'm agree with your ideal but I got a question:

Let's say you are in the balance team, what would you do to balance The Grenadier? (Cheaper? non-doctrine 5 man upgrade, lower reinforce cost?)

I know that you a top 1vs1 player so I wanna hear your input because right now most Wehr coh2 replay 8 out of 10 are Ostruppen or Assault Grenadier or 5 man grenadier squad.

Thanks!
29 Nov 2020, 12:33 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Nov 2020, 02:18 AMSully

May be a dumb question, but has the team considered simply making ostruppen buildable frm HQ?

Yes
29 Nov 2020, 14:28 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Nov 2020, 11:37 AMKyle

Hi, I'm agree with your ideal but I got a question:

Let's say you are in the balance team, what would you do to balance The Grenadier? (Cheaper? non-doctrine 5 man upgrade, lower reinforce cost?)

I know that you a top 1vs1 player so I wanna hear your input because right now most Wehr coh2 replay 8 out of 10 are Ostruppen or Assault Grenadier or 5 man grenadier squad.

Thanks!

Me? hrm. Probably along the lines of either making them beefier, lowering their reinforce cost and increasing their close range damage at vet 2 probably, the main problem right now is that they don't really have much in durability or sustained combat, and despite being significantly cheaper than say rifles, end up being outnumbered or evenly match in terms of numbers but will end up still losing the majority of their engagements.

TLDR: Buff firepower or make them more durable.
29 Nov 2020, 14:29 PM

Making LMG Grens more durable combined with the pack howie nerf basically deletes BAR riflemen from the Ost USF matchup and forces M1919 picks. It's already super hard to force any bleed on LMG Grens from distance fights with BARs.
29 Nov 2020, 17:05 PM

It's already super hard to force any bleed on LMG Grens from distance fights with BARs.

You dont pick bars for distance fights, to begin with.

Also no-one saying that LMG couldn't get some ajustements, if grens by themselfs become better.
29 Nov 2020, 17:06 PM

You dont pick bars for distance fights, to begin with.

Also no-one saying that LMG couldn't get some ajustements, if grens by themselfs become better.

You pick BARs because they're your standard AI upgrade as USF and they absolutely suck at distance fights.

wtf is your problem? Nothing I stated was inaccurate.
29 Nov 2020, 17:12 PM

I'd like to better understand the thought process that went into the proposed ISU-152 changes. Is it the risk of exposing the tank vs. defeating a target or something else? Could the same logic be applied to the Elephant?
29 Nov 2020, 17:21 PM

Me? hrm. Probably along the lines of either making them beefier, lowering their reinforce cost and increasing their close range damage at vet 2 probably, the main problem right now is that they don't really have much in durability or sustained combat, and despite being significantly cheaper than say rifles, end up being outnumbered or evenly match in terms of numbers but will end up still losing the majority of their engagements.

I rather choose more durable, maybe we modify the vet system a bit? Rather then having -20% damage at vet 3, how about we modify it like this?

Vet 1: Unlock healing kit (only 10muni) & -10% damage
Vet 2: Increase accuracy 40% (the same as before)
Vet 3: further -10% damage

Or do you mean they are not even durable enough before vet 1 like the new system I suggest?

Because I play mainly 2vs2, My Grenadier at the start of the game usually clump up as a group of 2 - 3 together but I understand that you 1vs1 players have to spear them out around the map so durable is need.

P/S: I know my suggestion is flaw, I'm happy to hear your critic, thanks (also sorry about my English, it is not my native language)
29 Nov 2020, 17:29 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Nov 2020, 17:12 PMNapalm
I'd like to better understand the thought process that went into the proposed ISU-152 changes. Is it the risk of exposing the tank vs. defeating a target or something else? Could the same logic be applied to the Elephant?

Axis heavy tanks like Tiger, Elephant, JT, Panther and many allied vehicles had their rear armored lowered a long time ago. Certain allied vehicles did not. This is simply a consistency change.
29 Nov 2020, 17:33 PM

You pick BARs because they're your standard AI upgrade as USF and they absolutely suck at distance fights.

wtf is your problem? Nothing I stated was inaccurate.

Its not inaccurate, its just strange to say that Bars Rifles cant fight LMG grens on distance when nor bar or rifles are ment for distance fighting. Thats the whole point of M1919 to make rifles distance figthing squad.
29 Nov 2020, 17:34 PM

I don't think buffing them directly is a good idea. Mainline inf spam is already too prominent. Why not just remove sandbags from all mainlines. This would be a massive indirect buff for grens (particularly LMG grens) and it would make the early mid game a million times more interesting.
29 Nov 2020, 17:37 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Nov 2020, 17:34 PMGiaA

I don't think buffing them directly is a good idea. Mainline inf spam is already too prominent. Why not just remove sandbags from all mainlines. This would be a massive indirect buff for grens (particularly LMG grens) and it would make the early mid game a million times more interesting.

Agree
29 Nov 2020, 17:48 PM

The only ones that should keep them are cons. Or they need stock ai upgrades and normal nades like all other mainlines
29 Nov 2020, 17:50 PM

Grens arent suppose to be used offensively anyway. Rifles dont have sandbags, while cons do, but still they both need to overrun grens.

Tommies do have sandbags, but main idea of tommies aside from sandbags are cover bonuses, so even without sendbags they will outshoot grens anyway when in cover.

By the time allies start to use sandbags defensively you will most likely already get T2 as ost. Problem with grens, that they are ment to be used completly defensively, while they are unable to provide ost with proper defense and they are way to easy to be overun\out-shot early on by rifles\tommies.

LMG grens are nice, but they are nice right untill allied player responces to them with their weapons or upgrades, which makes match up just as it was during early game.
PAGES (44)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

New Zealand 33
unknown 6
Germany 5
unknown 3
Germany 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W