Login

russian armor

First Quarter 2021 Balance Patch

PAGES (8)down
Pip
25 Nov 2020, 21:56 PM

The time penalty of thorough salvage got removed a few months ago, so now its just a straight up better version of the normal salvage. Same time and +12 muni for wrecks/weapon teams and +36mun for abandoned vehicles.

How is that useless?

It's not hugely impactful, but I agree that it's really not an "useless" ability. Salvage in general is a really strong feature of OKW.
25 Nov 2020, 23:18 PM

Honestly the biggest problem with Grens for me is that they aren't cost-effective at all until you at least get Vet 3, the LMG upgrade and Tier 4 to reduce their reinforce cost from 30 to 28. I think making there base reinforce cost 28 would at least allow them to trade manpower evenly against Tommies and Rifles in the early game. In the late game, the Tier 4 building would give them a reinforce cost of 26 which seems fair since 7-man Cons have a reinforce cost of 18. Tier 4 could also cost 15 fuel to build again if needed. Tommies and Rifles would be more expensive to reinforce but have access to Weapon Racks and in the case of the Brits the bolster upgrade. 5-man Grens should have their received accuracy bonus removed and also remove free medkits (make the base medkits 10 muni). Otherwise tone Rifles, Tommies, and SVT/7-man Cons down a bit if Grens don't get anything. I would prefer this route because of power creep concerns. Also make the VSL upgrade take up 1 weapon slot so they can't pick up 2 Bar's and become T-1000's.
26 Nov 2020, 00:00 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Nov 2020, 23:55 PMKatitof

I actually had until I hit that part.
Then I have just deleted it.
Katitof himself gave up on replaying to your "balance suggestion".
Let that be some kind of indicator of what level that suggestion is.

And I'm still convinced its a satire and you're trying to troll me now, because I refuse to believe someone would be this biased.

Look at my playercard how am I biased? All you do is post on this forum and you literally don't play the game. I'm obviously talking about 1v1 if you have any intelligence.
26 Nov 2020, 00:11 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Nov 2020, 00:00 AMClarity

Look at my playercard how am I biased? All you do is post on this forum and you literally don't play the game. I'm obviously talking about 1v1 if you have any intelligence.

And yet, you think 240mp unit should trade evenly with 270/280mp units, that gap is incomparably larger post upgrades.
You think grens should get a discount without sacrificing anything or paying for it, you even compare it to cons who PAY AND SACRIFICE WEPAON SLOT.
Rest of what you've said is just more of the same in this direction.
There is nothing to argue here, its unrealistic, unreasonable and simply laughable.
26 Nov 2020, 00:15 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Nov 2020, 00:11 AMKatitof

And yet, you think 240mp unit should trade evenly with 270/280mp units, that gap is incomparably larger post upgrades.
You think grens should get a discount without sacrificing anything or paying for it, you even compare it to cons who PAY AND SACRIFICE WEPAON SLOT.
Rest of what you've said is just more of the same in this direction.
There is nothing to argue here, its unrealistic, unreasonable and simply laughable.

They won't trade evenly when they are against squads upgraded with 7-man/Bars and Brens. If the opponent charges across red cover they shouldn't be able to win an engagement manpower wise. They should trade evenly if the Ostheer player takes a better engagement than the Allied player. Why should Grens have a higher reinforce cost than Riflemen and Tommies when they are significantly worse. Keep in mind you have to pay 80 mp to build the Tier 1 as well while Tommies, Rifles, and Cons all are built out of Tier 0. If you read my whole post I said I would rather have them tone down Tommies, Rifles, and 7-man Cons than buff Grens but if you want to put in the least effort buffing Grens would be the way to do it. Honestly they could remove the reinforce cost buff with Tier 4 just make Grens 28 reinforce cost by default so its the same as other mainline squads. If it's such a big fucking deal than literally remove the 2nd weapon slot they have so they are identical to Conscripts.
26 Nov 2020, 01:39 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Nov 2020, 23:42 PMKatitof

Ok, I got to the T4 part and now I'm 100% sure you're just writing a satire.

That means you missed the part where he suggested nerfing 5 men grens... :rolleyes:

Yeah, he must be soooooo axis biased. Take a fucking break dude
26 Nov 2020, 01:55 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Nov 2020, 23:18 PMClarity
Honestly the biggest problem with Grens for me is that they aren't cost-effective at all until you at least get Vet 3, the LMG upgrade and Tier 4 to reduce their reinforce cost from 30 to 28. I think making there base reinforce cost 28 would at least allow them to trade manpower evenly against Tommies and Rifles in the early game. In the late game, the Tier 4 building would give them a reinforce cost of 26 which seems fair since 7-man Cons have a reinforce cost of 18. Tier 4 could also cost 15 fuel to build again if needed. Tommies and Rifles would be more expensive to reinforce but have access to Weapon Racks and in the case of the Brits the bolster upgrade. 5-man Grens should have their received accuracy bonus removed and also remove free medkits (make the base medkits 10 muni). Otherwise tone Rifles, Tommies, and SVT/7-man Cons down a bit if Grens don't get anything. I would prefer this route because of power creep concerns. Also make the VSL upgrade take up 1 weapon slot so they can't pick up 2 Bar's and become T-1000's.

reinforcement costs are balanced per squad...
grenadier = 30*4 = 120
conscript 20*6 = 120

currently conscripts and grens are roughly even in a fight usually trading squad per squad... if grenadiers were to reinforce at 28 off the bat then conscripts would always bleed more than they do hence to be fair you also have to reduce base conscript reinforcement costs
26 Nov 2020, 02:50 AM
Director of Moderation Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Nov 2020, 01:55 AMgbem

reinforcement costs are balanced per squad...
grenadier = 30*4 = 120
conscript 20*6 = 120

currently conscripts and grens are roughly even in a fight usually trading squad per squad... if grenadiers were to reinforce at 28 off the bat then conscripts would always bleed more than they do hence to be fair you also have to reduce base conscript reinforcement costs

I think people need to get off the train for how reinforce cost is balanced. Cons and grens trade evenly with no upgrades, equal cover and at vet 0. That is where this forumla has a case. That forumla is also only in play when only small arms are on the field. It gets thrown out the window against any AoE profile weapon. The fact that 7 man cons even get a manpower reduction is laughable ontop of getting the cover bonus and extra DPS and survivability.

Aren't tommies still 28 to reinforce and 270MP now? The forumla doesn't apply there and in a lot of cases. Considering how tommies dumpster volks for 10 MP more, is it really going to upset the game balance if grens aren't bought at the price of some callin infantry?
26 Nov 2020, 03:20 AM

I think people need to get off the train for how reinforce cost is balanced. Cons and grens trade evenly with no upgrades, equal cover and at vet 0. That is where this forumla has a case. That forumla is also only in play when only small arms are on the field. It gets thrown out the window against any AoE profile weapon. The fact that 7 man cons even get a manpower reduction is laughable ontop of getting the cover bonus and extra DPS and survivability.

Aren't tommies still 28 to reinforce and 270MP now? The forumla doesn't apply there and in a lot of cases. Considering how tommies dumpster volks for 10 MP more, is it really going to upset the game balance if grens aren't bought at the price of some callin infantry?

my argument was that if grenadiers do get buffed then so do conscripts...

although i will say that reinforcement costs are still balanced per squad and not per model... reinforcement costs are almost always calculated at half the squad`s cost (with tommies and elites being an exception) and squads that cost more per model usually have higher DPS per model in exchange for comparable DPS per squad...

26 Nov 2020, 03:34 AM

Will they fix the issue in chat when you tell your opponent to "f**k off" it no longer spells out "garden off"?
26 Nov 2020, 03:48 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

I think they are 280 and the formula is paying 40% rather than 50%, which is the same as other Elites.
26 Nov 2020, 04:31 AM

The focus of this patch is: Core Armies!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

so no overall commander changes

Buffing up commanders is out of question, ok, and I understand that you dont want to touch too many things in this patch.
But nerfing op commanders is not a "nice to have" thing. Its an absolute necessity. That both soviet SU-152 commanders and Jaeger Armor did not get any nerfs in the last years was absolute not comprehensible. All 3 commanders need to lose the strong offmap.
26 Nov 2020, 05:11 AM

I think a couple of unit nerfs will bring most of the OP commanders in line.

Its the underused ones that are just sitting there doing nothing thats my problem. Refusing to even look at making some unit/ability swaps with some of the underused commanders is pretty frustrating.

It likewise suggests that most of the calldowns won't get looked at, and there are some real stinkers there as well.
26 Nov 2020, 05:22 AM

I think they are 280 and the formula is paying 40% rather than 50%, which is the same as other Elites.

They used to be 280. Brought down to 270 in October 2019
26 Nov 2020, 06:18 AM

I fucking lost hope in the balance of this game, we are at a point where EVERY single unit needs to be changed somehow and that is not going to happen...
26 Nov 2020, 06:18 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Nov 2020, 04:31 AMSmartie

Buffing up commanders is out of question, ok, and I understand that you dont want to touch too many things in this patch.
But nerfing op commanders is not a "nice to have" thing. Its an absolute necessity. That both soviet SU-152 commanders and Jaeger Armor did not get any nerfs in the last years was absolute not comprehensible. All 3 commanders need to lose the strong offmap.
+
26 Nov 2020, 08:45 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Nov 2020, 04:31 AMSmartie

This patch fill focus primarily on getting the core armies back in shape to create a solid base from which to move forward. We'll hopefully get to do a commander focussed patch after this, so keep working on those ideas for underused commanders, we may need them later.
PAGES (8)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Korea, Republic Of 5
unknown 4

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak