Login

russian armor

Pershing blows - USF Heavy Cavalry

PAGES (10)down
22 Oct 2020, 09:33 AM

This is generic heavy tank problem. OKW Tiger is also lackluster. Relic always overnerf units. Pershing is come late and lackluster. OKW tiger come late and lackluster. We need buff on this guys.

Relic haven't put a single balance change for 3 years now.
22 Oct 2020, 22:28 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Oct 2020, 09:33 AMKatitof

Relic haven't put a single balance change for 3 years now.

They have final say and they regularly restrict what the mod team can and cannot do. They are very much responsible for what the patches end up being by the time they go live

The modteam does all the work, Relic makes the decisions
22 Oct 2020, 22:31 PM

They have final say and they regularly restrict what the mod team can and cannot do. They are very much responsible for what the patches end up being by the time they go live

The modteam does all the work, Relic makes the decisions

Yes, they do limit the scope and accept the changes.
But they are not the ones coming up with them.
22 Oct 2020, 23:40 PM

He's saying they're still part of the equation. I don't see what's so hard to grasp about that.
23 Oct 2020, 00:17 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Oct 2020, 22:31 PMKatitof

Yes, they do limit the scope and accept the changes.
But they are not the ones coming up with them.

When their scope is so severely limited from the very beginning, who comes up with them is way less relevant

Relic gets blame or credit depending on results, modteam should get nothing but props regardless of what happens
23 Oct 2020, 18:04 PM

Pershing will most likely be supported by a stock Jackson and infantry that can all be upgraded with bazookas. It is a valid reason why it is as "heavy" as it is.
23 Oct 2020, 19:23 PM

Pershing will most likely be supported by a stock Jackson and infantry that can all be upgraded with bazookas. It is a valid reason why it is as "heavy" as it is.

And Jagdtiger and Elefant and KT will be supported by either pzgrens or obers or some other elite infantry. Or supported by cheap Stugs or JP4s. The argument doesn't really stand.

If you get a pershing and a jackson and infantry with zooks, you can easily lose to 2x shrecks and upgraded infantry. Unless the enemy is braindead and decides to spam P4s vs that.
23 Oct 2020, 20:22 PM

And Jagdtiger and Elefant and KT will be supported by either pzgrens or obers or some other elite infantry. Or supported by cheap Stugs or JP4s. The argument doesn't really stand.

I don't think U can compare a doctrine AI "heavy" tank to doctrine heavy tank destroyers. Completely different situation. Pershing will be built to primarily deal with 4 men infantry squads and the AT will be provided by other units.

If you get a pershing and a jackson and infantry with zooks, you can easily lose to 2x shrecks and upgraded infantry. Unless the enemy is braindead and decides to spam P4s vs that.

Usually the AT infantry will be cheap echelons while main USF elite/stock infantry will provide AI/snare. It is also a completely different setup imo. Mailine/elite infantry will hold shrecks at bay. This is USF's primary strength plus indirect howies/scotts.
23 Oct 2020, 23:48 PM

It's good in 1v1 long as you keep it supported with a Jackson.
It is lacking in team games however.
24 Oct 2020, 05:18 AM

The more I use it, the more I realise how the faction itself isn't designed to have a heavy tank.

Point 1: Usf is armor designed around the ability to self repair and are also efficient at their intended purpose. The point is, how late and again with what it brings isnt good enough to warrent its price.

Point 2: directed towards the pershing, your rewarded less for keeping it alive compared to the IS2 and Tiger.

Point 3: buying new squads of rear echelons is annoying as you need to upgrade them have a chance to vet or even keep alive.

Point 4: you need to commit to getting the pershing but you cannot afford to do that as usf especially.

I would consider reverting its health back to 800 and giving it 20% damage reduction to allow faster repairs as axis at typically have higher rof than pen is a fat problem for the pershing.

Also about nerfing its speed for armor, its really its acc/dec that gives the advantage. If its speed was nerfed it would not be much faster than the tiger (tiger 5.4, pershing 6).

One question, is it possible to get rid of the pershing 1 second wind down? I know other tanks like the panther have it but between the 3 heavies, why does the pershing have it? Thinking about it this makes the reload bonus (in general) not really the full bonus.
24 Oct 2020, 09:49 AM

The more I use it, the more I realise how the faction itself isn't designed to have a heavy tank.

Point 1: Usf is armor designed around the ability to self repair and are also efficient at their intended purpose. The point is, how late and again with what it brings isnt good enough to warrent its price.

Point 2: directed towards the pershing, your rewarded less for keeping it alive compared to the IS2 and Tiger.

Point 3: buying new squads of rear echelons is annoying as you need to upgrade them have a chance to vet or even keep alive.

Point 4: you need to commit to getting the pershing but you cannot afford to do that as usf especially.

I would consider reverting its health back to 800 and giving it 20% damage reduction to allow faster repairs as axis at typically have higher rof than pen is a fat problem for the pershing.

Also about nerfing its speed for armor, its really its acc/dec that gives the advantage. If its speed was nerfed it would not be much faster than the tiger (tiger 5.4, pershing 6).

One question, is it possible to get rid of the pershing 1 second wind down? I know other tanks like the panther have it but between the 3 heavies, why does the pershing have it? Thinking about it this makes the reload bonus (in general) not really the full bonus.

That might be a too big of a buff. It just needs armour to 300 and maybe a bit of AI buff. Right now it's lackluster in all departments except for acceleration, which is not God knows how nice, just higher than usual with heavies.
24 Oct 2020, 12:06 PM

I don't think pershing needs honestly that much of buffing. Its still same, more beefier usf choice if you want to be more direct. I do think it should get crew repair so you dont need to dedicate RE's just to field it or maybe small buff to its anti infantry, not that it oneshots gren squads like it did in the past.
25 Oct 2020, 11:10 AM

Perhaps giving the Pershing a repair crew like the other USF tanks will give it the nudge people think it needs.
25 Oct 2020, 11:19 AM

Perhaps giving the Pershing a repair crew like the other USF tanks will give it the nudge people think it needs.

Decreqing = bypassing limit of 1.
If it was ever to get self repairs, it would have to be either OKW or sov ones.
25 Oct 2020, 11:24 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Oct 2020, 11:19 AMKatitof

Decreqing = bypassing limit of 1.
If it was ever to get self repairs, it would have to be either OKW or sov ones.

Goodpoint, i forgot about decrewing.
26 Oct 2020, 18:05 PM

This unit is in dire need of buffs.
26 Oct 2020, 21:24 PM

I agree. I keep trying to use it too little avail. It just doesn't have any exploitable characteristics. I really think that the blast radius should be increased a little. That way it can at least be used as a sniper.

Right now it just comes out shoots 1-3 times usually killing around 0-4 enemies and then goes to get repaired for a couple minutes. Totally a waste and the enemy can just ignore it. If it had a little bigger blast and pulled in a couple more kills it could actually be decent.
26 Oct 2020, 22:42 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

It's probably needed to synchronize animations.
The only way around it is to reduce the base reload and increase the reload vet bonus accordingly. But the effect currently is true: e.g. -30% reload is worth less for units with wind up/down, since part of their ROF is in these values and they are balanced around it.
Pip
26 Oct 2020, 23:32 PM

It's probably partially the fault of the team deciding to give it it's cute shell ejection animation. I believe that's required to play out before reloading can begin.
28 Oct 2020, 19:30 PM

Can U imagine it being buffed and supported by Jackson(s)?
PAGES (10)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS