Login

russian armor

Sander's personal balance changes

PAGES (24)down
1 Oct 2020, 05:33 AM

I came across this discussion from some time ago about the Grenadier vet1 medkit. Is there any chance this ability could receive a pass? It is not rare that I fail to use it effectively due to the long cast time.

It's a generally useful ability, especially to support weapon teams and increase the staying power of the fragile Grenadiers. If they can't have sandbags, their healing ability might as well be a little more useful. Right now it takes way too long to have any effect. By the time they start casting and the healing runs its course, the next battle might have begun or they need to be somewhere else. It's too clunky.

It's bizarre considering how similar abilities work, like the UKF medic upgrade or the OKW med crates. Then again, one could consider the early med bunker as the actual OST equivalent.

Perhaps the OST has already too much healing from a balance perspective, but I wanted to throw this out here because it always struck me as a clunky vet1 ability.
1 Oct 2020, 09:35 AM

"Lend Lease Assault
In order to make the Lend Lease Assault doctrine a more viable choice across multiple game modes, one of its abilities is being replaced to give the doctrine more late game power.
Vehicle Crew Repairs replaced with Strafing Support (from Vanguard)"

I think this is solid idea but as someone said offmap from wc51 could be better because lefh, pak43 or even pak wall exist and are quite popular in teamgames and i know people are tired of royal artilery meta.

Lend lease mortar should have better vet1 ability something like wermaht mortar anti artilery overwatch( by the way very strong ability) or maybe something easy to add like single fosfor shell
1 Oct 2020, 18:00 PM

If theres a chance the possibly last patch will do something about wrong Vet descriptions and other things ingame, i will be happy to help translating.
Got a lot of free time coming for me :D
2 Oct 2020, 13:22 PM

Yes buff g43 grens, its not like 2 g43 grens beat a shocktroop
3 Oct 2020, 03:57 AM

Yes buff g43 grens, its not like 2 g43 grens beat a shocktroop

At close range the G43 does remarkable damage, however a Shock Troop PPSh does more, and there are 6 of them vs 2 G43's. The Grenadiers will probably kill one as they close in and another during combat, maybe even two, but Grenadiers will never win on their own against Shock Troops. Really Grenadiers and Shock Troops are as incomparable as Conscripts to Obersoldaten.
3 Oct 2020, 08:28 AM

At close range the G43 does remarkable damage, however a Shock Troop PPSh does more, and there are 6 of them vs 2 G43's. The Grenadiers will probably kill one as they close in and another during combat, maybe even two, but Grenadiers will never win on their own against Shock Troops. Really Grenadiers and Shock Troops are as incomparable as Conscripts to Obersoldaten.

He literally says 2 gren squads there.
Obviously 1 will be beaten, that's the sole purpose of shocks, to roll over long squads that aren't StG obers or PGs who know how to use nades.
3 Oct 2020, 09:33 AM

Obviously 1 will be beaten, that's the sole purpose of shocks, to roll over long squads that aren't StG obers or PGs who know how to use nades.

Maybe I misunderstood then. Since the Grenadier buff he mentioned was adding a third G43, I understood "2 G42 Grens" as Grenadiers with 2 G43's as opposed to 3 G43's.
3 Oct 2020, 18:15 PM

Won't PGs still win if shocks advance?
3 Oct 2020, 18:22 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post3 Oct 2020, 18:15 PMSpoof

Won't PGs still win if shocks advance?

Not necessarily.
Depends on distance, cover for both on the way, use or not of nades and vet.
4 Oct 2020, 14:13 PM

Here's my rework idea:
- Allow all medium/heavy tanks to order Artillery flares, similar to the Mobile Observation post 251.
- Because of reduced flexibility (requires a tank and has limited call-in range) price is reduced from 60 to 50 munitions.

Wut? No lol.
All sight flares are 1 click maphack that is uncounterable and lingers on far too long.

worse thing in coh2 today.

Clearly worse than panzer commander smoke.
17 Oct 2020, 10:05 AM

Some of the disputed changes should be put to voting. Personally I would like to have one on the schreck changes.

I consider the list to ultimately become a first iteration of a preview patch, with another 1-3 months of hands-on / tested feedback to flush out the more controversial changes. That's why I'm keeping them in for now. For example these Panzerschreck changes are something that I think I and everyone else would need to experience in practise to get a proper feel for them, rather than dismissing them based on theories.
17 Oct 2020, 10:13 AM

I consider the list to ultimately become a first iteration of a preview patch, with another 1-3 months of hands-on / tested feedback to flush out the more controversial changes.

Such as making USF immune to tellers away from the frontline and megabuffing OKW Mech HQ builds? You don't need months of testing to change/remove these.
17 Oct 2020, 10:15 AM

By the way, fix the aim time on the .50cal. We tested the aim time change with miragefla on his mod and it was catastrophic to the .50cal because its aim time is absurdly high.

This is the kind of stuff you find when you test things on a test mod.
17 Oct 2020, 11:13 AM

V4 changes

Global Changes

OKW

OST

SOV

UKF

USF

17 Oct 2020, 11:30 AM

Keep in mind if you make medics free (which I think is a good change) you should adjust the Panzer IV timing accordingly. P4 rush as OKW is already super potent and would arrive 15 fuel earlier with this change.

Missing from the notes is Osttruppen +20mp cost and +10/20sec recharge on call in.
17 Oct 2020, 11:44 AM

Some interesting changes.

IL-2 Rocket Strafe

In order for the reduce penetration to have an actually impact increase rear armor of Panther to 110 from 90 and of Panzer J (OKW/doctrinal Ostheer) to 115-120 similar to vet 2 Osther PzIV.

Lend Lease
The commander does not need a powerful off map, it currently give players a strong early start so it should not also provide power late game off map.

There should be limit to what commanders offer so that more commander should become attractive.
17 Oct 2020, 11:56 AM

Just apply any version. Should fix a lot of issues. Is ostheer 2 men recrew still one of the proposed changes?
17 Oct 2020, 12:41 PM

Missing from the notes is Osttruppen +20mp cost and +10/20sec recharge on call in.

I'd prefer to try the T1/BP1 fuel cost switch first, as that would hopefully solve several issues at once (amongst which Osttruppen), before touching on too many things at once and potentially overnerfing them.

Just apply any version. Should fix a lot of issues. Is ostheer 2 men recrew still one of the proposed changes?

This change was removed because there were several good arguments brought up against it - the most important one being that it would be a nerf as much as a buff, because it would also force players to recrew with 2 models which would make stealing a weapon under fire (when you need 3 models to get away with it a lot of the time) a lot harder.
17 Oct 2020, 12:44 PM

I'd prefer to try the T1/BP1 fuel cost switch first, as that would hopefully solve several issues at once (amongst which Osttruppen into PGren/LV rush), before touching too many things at once.

The entire playerbase on the Master League discord was in an uproar about Osttruppen a few days ago. I recommend you have a chat with the top players there about their perspective on Osttruppen.

https://discord.gg/eKmWFt
17 Oct 2020, 12:55 PM

The entire playerbase on the Master League discord was in an uproar about Osttruppen a few days ago. I recommend you have a chat with the top players there about their perspective on Osttruppen.

I'm aware of the Osstruppen trouble in 1v1, but I don't see much gain in those changes. The cost increase seems negligible (player has to float anyway because of the recharge timer) and adding 10-20s to the the recharge timer itself would force the player to float 350-410 manpower after building an HMG 42 before being able to deploy their first Osttruppen squad. Those sound respectively like inconsequential and overnerfing changes to me on first sight, especially when combined with the T1/BP1 switch, but I don't play 1v1 or Osstruppen so correct me if I'm wrong. Otherwise I'd be happy to try them.
PAGES (24)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS