Login

russian armor

Grenadier Vet 1 and Medkits

13 Apr 2019, 19:03 PM

That's the point. But how frequently do you get 4 men surviving a full engagement. Not a whole lot.

Pretty often if you are defending against grenades/flamers or other AOE (especially when in cover/garrison and using the LMG42).

Maybe this is a 1v1/team-games difference, but there are plenty of times (especially on larger maps) where the extra muni is worth it.

I mean, people throw grenades to deny the enemy cover and consider it worth it; why wouldn't it be worth it to heal up a squad that's battle ready and not have to retreat them + bring them back.
14 Apr 2019, 00:57 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

Pretty often if you are defending against grenades/flamers or other AOE (especially when in cover/garrison and using the LMG42).

Maybe this is a 1v1/team-games difference, but there are plenty of times (especially on larger maps) where the extra muni is worth it.

I mean, people throw grenades to deny the enemy cover and consider it worth it; why wouldn't it be worth it to heal up a squad that's battle ready and not have to retreat them + bring them back.

It'd also say it's pretty likely for HMGs since they won't take 0 damage from a suppressed blob, but with support helping it's not impossible for them to send the blob packing before the HMG crew takes losses.
14 Apr 2019, 02:18 AM

I think a lot people just forget about this ability, and that you can use it for self heal.

It is super worth it if a squad is on low health but has full squad size. But so many times in match casts I see people just retreating their vetted low health squads as OST

+1

I find the medkit useful with German infantry doc (because then I don't even build a medic bunker and save some MP and muni) but I feel like the bigger annoyance than cost is just cast time. I'd say decrease the time to like 1.5 seconds. There's no reason it has to be a handful of seconds when they can't heal in combat or anything and it just makes it annoying to use.
14 Apr 2019, 08:03 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

+1

I find the medkit useful with German infantry doc (because then I don't even build a medic bunker and save some MP and muni) but I feel like the bigger annoyance than cost is just cast time. I'd say decrease the time to like 1.5 seconds. There's no reason it has to be a handful of seconds when they can't heal in combat or anything and it just makes it annoying to use.

Honestly, that would definitely help a ton too. It's kind of a bummer to save a squad time retreating and walking back to heal up by...having another squad spend like 10 seconds to start up healing them (I don't remember the actual casting time's exact length, it's probably more like 5, but you get me).

The casting time might have be designed for when the healing worked in combat or something...but that was definitely years ago.
14 Apr 2019, 17:26 PM

I'd see the cast time reduced a bit. When you consider that the UKF can cast instantly and on the move and do 743 models at the same time, while moving it really seems archaic
14 Apr 2019, 20:58 PM

I'd see the cast time reduced a bit. When you consider that the UKF can cast instantly and on the move and do 743 models at the same time, while moving it really seems archaic

Exactly.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Germany 882
unknown 2

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak