Login

russian armor

Mini Patch - June 22 2020

22 Jun 2020, 20:27 PM

For your attention:

https://community.companyofheroes.com/discussion/67/coh-2-changelog#latest

British
The following are minor changes that are intended to mitigate a few oppressive or frustrating aspects of the British faction, without reducing their overall effectiveness.

Bolster

Bolster is being pushed back to require the Platoon Command Post. This change should delay the power spike of fast 5 man squads by forcing them to purchase tech, rather than additional units.

Now requires Platoon Command Post
Universal Carrier Vickers

The Vickers K is being delayed to reduce its impact in the early game. This will delay an upgraded UC if a player opts to build a larger number of units instead of teching.

Now requires Platoon Command Post
Perimeter Overwatch

Perimeter Overwatch is having its duration reduced to prevent the UKF from locking out large portions of the map for an extended period of time. The sight bonus has also been altered to reduce its impact without spotters.

Time reduced from 120 seconds to 60 seconds
Sight bonus no longer stacks with Anvil; Anvil bonus sight takes priority.
Commando Regiment Assault Ability

This change will put the Assault ability on-par with other infantry combat boosts abilities in terms of its timing.

Command point requirement increased from 4 to 6
British M5 AA upgrade

Standardization of AA upgrades across all M5 Half-Tracks.

Reduced upgrade time from 45 to 30

Soviet
IL-2 AT Rocket Run

IL-2 Rocket Run is getting a slight munition increase to match its performance. We will continue to monitor the ability for the future.

Cost increased from 100 to 125

OKW
IR Half-track

The population of the Half-Track is being reduced to better match its performance as a support unit.

Pop cap reduced from 5 to 3
Goliath

Now requires 1 Command Point

Ostheer
All Out War Passive

Due to the nature of this issue overriding other capture bonuses provided by ability, we are removing the capture bonus.

10% Capture Speed Bonus Removed.
Bug fixes

Credit to Sneakeye, Miragefla and Janne252 for engineering fixes for the following issues.

Implemented fix for Panzerfaust misfiring. Credit to Sneakeye for targeting this longstanding issue.
Sturmtiger Veterancy 4 Range bonus should now properly apply.
Valentine population requirements corrected to 7 from 12
Fixed issue in which all mortars would get stuck when cancelling ability at a certain time in the animation
Fixed issue with Panzerfusilier G43 and Panzershreck buyback options
Fixed issue with DP28 speech codes
Fixed issue with PTRS speech codes
Fixed an issue where T34s could Ram even when under the damaged engine effects of a Panzerfaust snare.
Fixed an issue with Goliath requirements
Icon Addtions
Added updated icons for various units. Credit to Sneakeye, Osinyagov and Kasarov for their work here.
Localization Updates
Fixed missing Loc string issue for a number of items
Updated Loc string issues for a number of items
22 Jun 2020, 20:46 PM

22 Jun 2020, 20:48 PM

Sturmtiger Vet4 still "broken": Gives sight range, but no additional fire range. So stats are wrong or vet descriptiom ...

Edit: Or the range indicator is broken ... 3.option ;)
22 Jun 2020, 20:53 PM

Looks good! Only suggestion is review Vickers HMG suppression to make it a more viable opener equal with 4 tommy.
22 Jun 2020, 20:54 PM

Fixed issue in which all mortars would get stuck when cancelling ability at a certain time in the animation

Does this mean that my mortar will start retreat instantly (if packed) instead of setting down first? BlessRNG
Or it's about a different issue?
22 Jun 2020, 21:05 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Jun 2020, 20:54 PMHater

Does this mean that my mortar will start retreat instantly (if packed) instead of setting down first? BlessRNG
Or it's about a different issue?

Different issue. This would result in a bugged-out mortar, thank god its fixed.
22 Jun 2020, 21:07 PM

Good changes!.
But still no nerf on USF Pack Howie. This unit is out of control. Really.
22 Jun 2020, 21:14 PM

Thanks for taking care.
22 Jun 2020, 21:15 PM

- Perimeter Overwatch nerf seems a bit extreme considering there is no cost reduction

- Bolster and Vickers UC changes are not going to have that big of an effect on the game but still decent changes

- IL2 change is not enough. Still too cheesy and hard/impossible to counter. If it costs 25 munitions more or less doesn't matter.
22 Jun 2020, 21:23 PM

Im happy for a balance patch, but first off, why do this in the middle of a tournament? 2nd, what are some of these changes supposed to change?
Goliath
?????

22 Jun 2020, 21:59 PM

- Perimeter Overwatch nerf seems a bit extreme considering there is no cost reduction

- Bolster and Vickers UC changes are not going to have that big of an effect on the game but still decent changes

- IL2 change is not enough. Still too cheesy and hard/impossible to counter. If it costs 25 munitions more or less doesn't matter.

I mean perimeter overwatch was pretty bullshit to begin with though. 2 minutes is an insanely long time to lock down all your sectors for 50 more muni than a single IL2 bomb drop.

+1

+1
22 Jun 2020, 22:00 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Jun 2020, 21:23 PMElpern
Im happy for a balance patch, but first off, why do this in the middle of a tournament? 2nd, what are some of these changes supposed to change?
Goliath
?????

I don't even know why Goliath requires command points anyway. It costs 100 munitions and no one builds it in the beginning of the game anyway. Do you even have more than 100 munitions before reaching 1 CP? :loco:
22 Jun 2020, 22:31 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Jun 2020, 21:23 PMElpern
Goliath
?????

Yeah they have literally had months since the last patch to make these changes that have been clearly necessary for weeks and yet wait until we are in the middle of one of the few major tournaments that the scene has.
22 Jun 2020, 22:45 PM

Changes appreciated overall, noted the absence of the Skill Howie in there though.

I don't even know why Goliath requires command points anyway. It costs 100 munitions and no one builds it in the beginning of the game anyway. Do you even have more than 100 munitions before reaching 1 CP? :loco:

Agreed that the Goliath change seems rather redundant. Can't imagine any situation where an OKW player would realistically expect better results from eschewing StG44s/even grenade usage to get an early Goli before them at CP0-1.
22 Jun 2020, 22:57 PM

At first I was confused by this goliath change too but I think the "bug" was that the goliath can be built at 0cp even though the other stuff from that ability slot (recon-boobytrap and sws truck radio equipment) required 1 cp, so it's more of a bugfix and less of a balance change.

About the other stuff: most of it seems really good, especially the commander-ability changes.

I think the UC vickers change will have a small impact at least, but the bolster change will do nothing at all.
22 Jun 2020, 23:35 PM

Bolster simply needs a redesign. Having an ability that make 4 men and 5 men squad come at the same price is bad design.

Both the prices for UKF 4 men and 5 men squad are off.
23 Jun 2020, 00:30 AM

You remove autofire from Pack Howi, you introduce even more microing (read howi doing nothing). USF is micro intensive already, that change would make it doubly so. I mean, God forbid if you press right click to attack even when AA HT is facing the enemy with it's gun (fun bug, it will just keep rotating, it wants to face front to attack but it can't so it will keep spinning and attacking when possible).
Only viable nerf to US howi would be to reduce any type of accuracy on autofire and reduce slightly barrage CD (nerf/buff). Any nerfs to it's damage or AOE would just kill it since it's only viable against static opponents. In most of my USF games I have never seen anyone not be able to deal with howits one way or another (or when playing against howits, never seen them as a "Oh no, he went for howits"). From my experience, werfer, stuka, LeFH arty are great counters. They can easily kill the whole squad on pack and force bleed. I mean, I once fired my pack howi from my base on Winnekendonk to defend vs a blod and 2 LeFH counterbaraged my base from their garden. People complaining about Ally OP but nobody addressing the Axis gardening potential in team games (Pak 88 + LeFH + MG bunkers + Elefant/JT). If by some chance you have no good offmap arty, axis can lock down a game just by spamming arty and parking heavies behind 2 VPs.
Another "balance" issue. The LeFH has high scatter, and it's a hidden gem on it. You're walking 2 of your rifleman or infantry or penals along your territory and you see some wild bombs dropping and so you move away and one drops outside of the "obvious" area and wipes both squads. 3 games ago I played against such an encamped team on Hill 400. We were winning 400-100 and had 60% of map in control. All of a sudden bombs started dropping on the mid VP. For 4 whole minutes we couldn't cap it. Either werfer, or stuka or some arty or planes. And if you try to push with tanks, 2 Paks have it covered. And infantry, 3 MG bunkers. Smart play by axis, had only MGs, pioneers and rest was encampment and we had 2 USF and 1 Soviet. Soviet went for Katyushas to try to break the garden but it was impossible. The Heavy cav on me and Mechanized on my US ally -> No arty. We lost 0-13. Every flank was either super mined or had MG bunkers. One elefant into that equation and it shuts down all Jacksons and SU85s. Every flank, coordinated attack was shut down by arty, MGs, 88s....

Maginot line has nothing on the encampment the axis can create.

1v1 and 2v2 is balanced. Well balanced I would say. 3v3 and 4v4 are seriously in axis favor if you do not snowball them early on.

EDIT: Seriously in axis favor if the draft is bad (2USF usually leads to a loss if the game goes late). Generally the balance in team games is slightly in axis favor if the draft is good for allies. Of course, that's concerning random teammates. I'm sure that pre-mades can make anyone yell "Unbalanced!!!! OP OP OP (or UP UP UP)"
23 Jun 2020, 00:40 AM
Director of Moderation Badge

Should fix the priest targeting UI being incorrect.
23 Jun 2020, 03:43 AM

I would like to see ostruppen given extra 20 percent cap with T4, the doctrine has no capture abilities to bug things.

But this is a good first step to fixing five man grens
23 Jun 2020, 04:07 AM

Just had a faust miss on the new patch.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment