Login

russian armor

Mappatch 2020 - Info

22 Apr 2020, 00:29 AM

I know that Lierneux has the highest veto rate in 2v2 but how about, instead of kicking out a unique map with a different playstyle (it surely has its flaws), getting rid of some of the towerdefense middle VP slugfest maps that 2v2 mappool is absolutely polluted with? o_O
22 Apr 2020, 09:26 AM

No plans for 3vs3 and 4vs4. They had a lot stuff in the last big mappatch.

Hey Sturmpanther,

I would like to know your opinion on the current state in 3v3. There are many maps in that pool that (in my opinion) are way too big for that game mode Like; Steppes, Lienne, Essen and General Mud and (maybe Angermunde?). Do you share this sentiment or do you think they are good for the game mode in away? I'd like to know your perspective.

Is there no way to bring back older slightly smaller maps that were removed? like wolfs lair or other past 3v3 maps and community map contest winners.

Also if Rzhef Winter is too big for 2v2 is there a chance the summer version will come back since the Ice is no longer a traversable piece of the map?

Thanks,

Gecko
22 Apr 2020, 09:48 AM
Senior Modmaker Badge

What about maps, which are in the game, but not in automatch? Like Montargis Region. Will they remain in their current state?
22 Apr 2020, 12:04 PM
Lead Strategist Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Apr 2020, 09:26 AMGecko

Hey Sturmpanther,

I would like to know your opinion on the current state in 3v3. There are many maps in that pool that (in my opinion) are way too big for that game mode Like; Steppes, Lienne, Essen and General Mud and (maybe Angermunde?). Do you share this sentiment or do you think they are good for the game mode in away? I'd like to know your perspective.

Is there no way to bring back older slightly smaller maps that were removed? like wolfs lair or other past 3v3 maps and community map contest winners.

Also if Rzhef Winter is too big for 2v2 is there a chance the summer version will come back since the Ice is no longer a traversable piece of the map?

Thanks,

Gecko

Resh sommer is super unfair. South --> GGWP free win.
The new winter version is fine now.

About steppe, general mud and co: yes they are 4vs4 maps, but in 3vs3 they are more open --> you can actually play with light Vehicles and mediums^^.
Lazur factory will not come back sorry ;)

What about maps, which are in the game, but not in automatch? Like Montargis Region. Will they remain in their current state?

Montargis Region sucks in coh2 sorry. It was a interesting map in coh1, thats for sure. But coh1 =/ coh2.

22 Apr 2020, 12:27 PM

I know that Lierneux has the highest veto rate in 2v2 but how about, instead of kicking out a unique map with a different playstyle (it surely has its flaws), getting rid of some of the towerdefense middle VP slugfest maps that 2v2 mappool is absolutely polluted with? o_O

All of these camper maps get played a lot. I doubt Sturmpanther wants to remove them.

IMO Lierneux and Poltawa should be the maps that get deleted, they are both abhorrent. Vaux should be reworked.

Maybe people can test my 2v2 map (Taman Peninsula) now that there is a map patch coming up and give feedback so I an improve it. I also have another map in development that is almost done and will be uploaded to workshop soon. Otherwise there really is only Wolfhetze and Deux that come to mind regarding new 2v2 maps. Even though I don't know if Rosbone agrees to get it added into the game.
22 Apr 2020, 18:09 PM
Senior Editor Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Apr 2020, 12:22 PMKatitof

I'd rather not if we're going to end up getting another semoisky nightmare..

There was this one large hedge map in 2v2 in coh1 which I remember enjoying.

McGechaen's War? https://www.ign.com/wikis/company-of-heroes/McGechaen%27s_War
22 Apr 2020, 18:38 PM

According to map stats only Lierneux gets played less. The sad thing is I sort of like Vaux for being one of the few maps that allow flanking and mobility but at the same time every time completely avoidable things completely ruin it.

We could make the map so much better by making the big stone garrison at the south fuel semi-destroyed and not garrisonable, removing fences, removing some of the obscene number of sight and shot-blockers everywhere and cleaning up the middle.

I have to agree. Dunclair is very campy map. One of the best in coh1 but sadly it doesn't fit coh2 gameplay.

Wolfhaze is a good map and i cannot look forward to see it in automatch.

My personal top list of 2v2 maps to be remove is: 1. Liernaux, 2. Minsk Pocket (north is still garbage) 3. Poltava

I also think that improving maps is also very important therefore for example fences on Vaux should be look into and Rails should have been elevation reworked and some walls remove.

22 Apr 2020, 18:41 PM

How do you see this Sturmpanther? Will it be a huge vote or a pool for each gamemode or rather you plan to collect a group of people who will decide?

Will you inform community what map Relic will add before a mappatch goes live?
22 Apr 2020, 18:55 PM

Poltawa, Karkov and Lierneux
22 Apr 2020, 19:58 PM

McGechaen's War? https://www.ign.com/wikis/company-of-heroes/McGechaen%27s_War

Could be, I haven't launched CoH1 for more then CoH2 lifespan, so my memory is quite foggy, but yeah, I guess there was "war" in the name.
22 Apr 2020, 20:40 PM

please remove Vielsalm and Angermunde from the map pool. they are terrible. no offense to whoever designed them LUL
22 Apr 2020, 21:09 PM

I hope Montargis stays in its current state. It's an interesting comp stomp map but terrible for 4v4.
29 Apr 2020, 11:32 AM

https://www.coh2.org/topic/105172/4-highway-to-baku/page/1#post_id817848

As I said, I uploaded another 2v2 map to the workshop. Needs testing, feedback, etc.
29 Apr 2020, 12:43 PM

Remove Ettelbruck and Oka River from the 3v3 map pool, replace with Road to Arnhem and Nordwind.
aaa
29 Apr 2020, 15:46 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Apr 2020, 19:40 PMRosbone
Dont forget to remove Novgorod Outskirts from automatch.

The reworked version is much better. Could be added custom game list.

Dont do it. This map is much better than big majority of maps. Better leave it as is . Or it will be same as with faymonville . Old version was better than current one.

Better rework\remove nexus, karelia, glider, river ...

The initial critical opinion on novgorod was 100% wrong. Its unique map in good way. Lot of space = harder to camp, mg abuse etc. More space allows to punish tanks from the back.
29 Apr 2020, 16:01 PM

you forgot

- removing ettelbruck station from 3v3 automatch :snfPeter:

lol i know this might be a bit of a unconventional opinion, but i actually like ettlebruck station because its so bad lol. I guess it might be because it allows for different docs or strats to be played that wouldnt really work on other 'good' maps like sweat ball express etc. and cancels the meta docs out a bit in some way

So please don't remove ettlebruck, it led to way to many funny games i played lol. Just add another bann or something.

Ettlebruck forever! :wub:
29 Apr 2020, 19:45 PM

lol i know this might be a bit of a unconventional opinion, but i actually like ettlebruck station because its so bad lol. I guess it might be because it allows for different docs or strats to be played that wouldnt really work on other 'good' maps like sweat ball express etc. and cancels the meta docs out a bit in some way

So please don't remove ettlebruck, it led to way to many funny games i played lol. Just add another bann or something.

Ettlebruck forever! :wub:

Agreed
29 Apr 2020, 21:05 PM

delete WFRs maps from 1v1 pls :D
28 Jun 2020, 17:28 PM

So what happened to the map patch??
28 Jun 2020, 17:37 PM

Please re-enable Rzhev Summer for comp stomps. If you want to keep it out of automatch (understandable) then fine, but it was literally disabled in the lobby browser a few years ago and never turned back on. Some friends and I enjoy playing it and so we have it re-uploaded (private) on Workshop, but I think it should be added back into the live game. I'm not aware of any other maps being perma-deleted rather than just removed from rotation.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS