Login

russian armor

Mappatch 2020 - Info

20 Apr 2020, 19:31 PM
Lead Strategist Badge

Hi everyone!

People ask me often: "Will there be another mappatch?"
The answer is yes BUT not like I did in the last 2-3 years. It will be only a small mappatch.
Reasons are:

• I have not the time anymore
  • I have not the desire anymore
  • I don't want and will not risk to get more UI - Bugs on maps. It is spreading out atm and more and more maps get this issue. So I am avoiding atm to rework maps.

Plans for this mappatch

Relic and I are planning to make the mappatch around May-June
Maps will be included after review by me / relic and input from players.

• Removing some 1vs1 maps from automatch
  • Adding some new 1vs1 maps into automatch
  • Removing 1 / some 2vs2 maps from automatch
  • Adding 1 / some new 2vs2 maps into automatch
  • Adding double reworked version of AoD into automatch

No plans for 3vs3 and 4vs4. They had a lot stuff in the last big mappatch.
    No rework from me of maps, which are already in the automatch (check out Reasons)

See you on the battlefield.
    Sturmpanther
20 Apr 2020, 19:34 PM

Would it be ok with U not to remove maps?
20 Apr 2020, 19:38 PM

you forgot

- removing ettelbruck station from 3v3 automatch :snfPeter:
20 Apr 2020, 19:40 PM

Dont forget to remove Novgorod Outskirts from automatch.

The reworked version is much better. Could be added custom game list.
20 Apr 2020, 19:41 PM

Can't we rework Vaux Farmlands? It would take literally 5 minutes to remove/edit some of the fences that make this map such a pain in the ass. Then another 30minutes to clean up some shotblockers and make the middle less of a cluster fuck and voila we have a decent 2v2 map. BTW: I read the stuff about the UI bug BUT having a UI bug every now and then is way better than dealing with Vaux in it's current state.
20 Apr 2020, 19:42 PM

If you don't have the time or desire, why are you still involved at all. Why not pass the proverbial torch to someone willing to take a more active part in developing and refining our gameplay experience?
20 Apr 2020, 19:50 PM

If you don't have the time or desire, why are you still involved at all. Why not pass the proverbial torch to someone willing to take a more active part in developing and refining our gameplay experience?

This is a great question. Sturmpanther(SP) has very successfully driven the map changes for years. And is a hero of the community.

Since I have worked with him a lot I can comment on this. The person best suited for this job needs to have intimate knowledge of ALL game modes. If you look at SPs player card you can see he has games in every mode at high levels. He also has a ton of information about each map locked away in his brain.

Every successful map change/update has been driven by SP's inside knowledge of the maps, players, and game. We would probably need 2 or 3 people just to get close to the job he has done so far.

The hope is COH3 is not far away, so we wouldnt need many more map updates...
20 Apr 2020, 19:51 PM

you forgot

My fav map <444>3
20 Apr 2020, 20:11 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Apr 2020, 19:50 PMRosbone

This is a great question. Sturmpanther(SP) has very successfully driven the map changes for years. And is a hero of the community.

Since I have worked with him a lot I can comment on this. The person best suited for this job needs to have intimate knowledge of ALL game modes. If you look at SPs player card you can see he has games in every mode at high levels. He also has a ton of information about each map locked away in his brain.

Every successful map change/update has been driven by SP's inside knowledge of the maps, players, and game. We would probably need 2 or 3 people just to get close to the job he has done so far.

The hope is COH3 is not far away, so we wouldnt need many more map updates...

The map updates should be regular. CoH3 hasn't even been announced so it will be best case scenario 3 or so years away, thusly there will likely be numerous more map changes in this cycle. Everyone appreciates SP and the work he does but if his heart isn't in it then surely there is someone else willing to at least assist in improving the regularity of updates to the map pool.
20 Apr 2020, 20:13 PM

Because none of us want to actually work on the maps, we'd rather just complain about some of them being in the rotation, and then complain about playing the same maps over and over again.

Also, to Rosbone's point, very few people play all game modes. Most of the people I play with either play 2's or 4's.

I agree with blackdream, Vaux needs work. I'd also like to see Port of Hamburg redone as it seems like my win rate is much worse from the right side, regardless of faction. Steppes also seems unbalanced. Some of the maps like Oka River just seem so strange that I don't know if any amount of fix would make it decent.
20 Apr 2020, 20:22 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

you forgot

My heart will broken then, don‘t take this FHQ fest from me!
20 Apr 2020, 20:23 PM

no coh3 soon for sure , many noob kids are still buying coh2 , so relic can make more money as usual , thats why u dont see new maps , factions or bulletins .

relic is greedy as fk
20 Apr 2020, 20:29 PM

What about bringing back an old map? I am mostly referring to rhzev winter in 2v2

I know it's still in 3v3 but it was removed from 2v2 in the same patch that reworked the map. So the new version was never experienced in 2v2

Map was very unique for 2v2, I assume many people vetoed it but I was always fan. Would like to see the new version at least get a chance
20 Apr 2020, 20:30 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Apr 2020, 20:13 PMGrumpy
Also, to Rosbone's point, very few people play all game modes. Most of the people I play with either play 2's or 4's.

At a minimum I would suggest a leader for each game mode. That person would be able to over rule any changes brought up for their mode. Everyone has a different idea about how a map should be changed.

SP was very good about listening to peoples ideas and judging the changes. This kept a lot of arguing to a minimum and let changes progress at a good speed. And kept some crazy ideas from changing a map too much.

"With great power comes great responsibility."
20 Apr 2020, 20:35 PM

Please be Kholodny Ferma thats removed *Crosses fingers and toes*
20 Apr 2020, 20:36 PM

Maybe this is the patch that finally removes Lierneux.
20 Apr 2020, 20:48 PM
Senior Mapmaker Badge
Benefactor 119

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Apr 2020, 20:30 PMRosbone

At a minimum I would suggest a leader for each game mode. That person would be able to over rule any changes brought up for their mode.

+1
20 Apr 2020, 20:56 PM

An ambassador for each game mode would be great.
20 Apr 2020, 20:56 PM
Lead Strategist Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Apr 2020, 20:35 PMLatch
Please be Kholodny Ferma thats removed *Crosses fingers and toes*

that would kill artem, i can't do that :rofl:

Maybe this is the patch that finally removes Lierneux.

:sealed:

What about bringing back an old map? I am mostly referring to rhzev winter in 2v2

I know it's still in 3v3 but it was removed from 2v2 in the same patch that reworked the map. So the new version was never experienced in 2v2

Map was very unique for 2v2, I assume many people vetoed it but I was always fan. Would like to see the new version at least get a chance

The map doesn't fit for 2vs2 sorry. Too big. Thats why I removed it sorry. It will not come back to 2vs2.

The map updates should be regular. CoH3 hasn't even been announced so it will be best case scenario 3 or so years away, thusly there will likely be numerous more map changes in this cycle. Everyone appreciates SP and the work he does but if his heart isn't in it then surely there is someone else willing to at least assist in improving the regularity of updates to the map pool.

It is more complicated as i can write public, sorry.

Can't we rework Vaux Farmlands? It would take literally 5 minutes to remove/edit some of the fences that make this map such a pain in the ass. Then another 30minutes to clean up some shotblockers and make the middle less of a cluster fuck and voila we have a decent 2v2 map. BTW: I read the stuff about the UI bug BUT having a UI bug every now and then is way better than dealing with Vaux in it's current state.

Not really sure. People still play and like the map even with the fences over years. So I don't go with that risk; sorry

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Apr 2020, 19:40 PMRosbone
Dont forget to remove Novgorod Outskirts from automatch.

The reworked version is much better. Could be added custom game list.

Ofc i will not forget. I hearded you there. About added custom new version hmmm can't promise.

Would it be ok with U not to remove maps?

Sorry no, The mappool is already very big. But I know that there are different people in automatch, who have different opionen and gamestyle. I consider that when i think about removing maps. So that we have variety in mappool.
20 Apr 2020, 21:09 PM
Director of Moderation Badge

I'm really torn on how to receive this actually.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★