20 Apr 2020, 16:55 PM

20 Apr 2020, 16:59 PM
Strategist Badge
Patrion 39

ok What about the Maxim Deathloop ?:foreveralone:

where is the bug involved here?

20 Apr 2020, 16:59 PM

:banana:

Do you think we need more tests to be 100% sure? Otherwise I will write down all changes and send in to the patch team.

I will do another, longer test round in a few hours so maybe we should wait until the evening or until tomorrow just to be sure
20 Apr 2020, 17:01 PM
Admin Black Badge
Patrion 15

Hello, I decided to make a thread & video about the most common version of the ZiS bug and explain how exactly it gets triggered, so that people can try to avoid it in their games.

At the end of the barrage, the crew steps away from the gun for 0.5 sec as you may have noticed. If you issue an order in that exact moment, the gun bugs out. So make sure you don't spam click when you come close to the 4th shell, try to make sure the animation gets finished completely. Giving orders before the 4th round has been fired is not a problem

This is very helpful, now I can finally test some changes!

So I changed the 'use_accessory_weapon' action to an 'artillery_attack' action which has no functional differences as far as I know, but the crew doesn't re-setup the weapon now.

Could you help me test it? I haven't been able to reproduce it yet with these changes:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/cy4ltuooadg04ru/at_gun_test.sga?dl=0
You need to save it in: C:\Users\NAME\Documents\my games\company of heroes 2\mods\tuning.

Consistent reproduction of a bug does wonders when it comes to game (software) development. Excellent work!

20 Apr 2020, 17:08 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

I will do another, longer test round in a few hours so maybe we should wait until the evening or until tomorrow just to be sure

Sounds good to me, thanks for the help!
20 Apr 2020, 17:09 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Apr 2020, 16:59 PMluvnest

where is the bug involved here?

its not in here but i thought that he could make the same thread about the Maxim deathloop.

Just to understand what happens when it triggers, because u read alot about that in the Forum.
I dont think everyone know exactly what the deathloop is or what it means.
20 Apr 2020, 17:38 PM

Sounds good to me, thanks for the help!

ok nvm, I did the 2nd test run just now already. Tested again with canceling the barrage at any possible point... with different veterancy, if normal auto-attack is still working, etc etc

Found 0 bugs. So if you'd ask me, I would say this fix is good to go!
20 Apr 2020, 17:43 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

ok nvm, I did the 2nd test run just now already. Tested again with canceling the barrage at any possible point... with different veterancy, if normal auto-attack is still working, etc etc

Awesome :thumbsup:
20 Apr 2020, 17:52 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

its not in here but i thought that he could make the same thread about the Maxim deathloop.

Just to understand what happens when it triggers, because u read alot about that in the Forum.

Offtopic: it's not a bug but people like to call it like that. It's just a bad design limitation. You can't copy paste the functionality from the MG42 teleport the weapon to the next crew member when the one who carries it dies.
A bit of luck and high DPS and you can keep the weapon from moving at all. Similar to what you could do with say, an AT gun.

Ontopic: one bug down, now it's time to finally get riddle of faust bug.
20 Apr 2020, 17:53 PM

Just to be clear, if you press Stop/Cancel and then move the ZiS, you will not get the bug?

This has been what I normally do for a long time. But my micro is slow. So my slow timing may play into not getting the bug.

Great work!
20 Apr 2020, 17:59 PM
Strategist Badge
Patrion 39

the deathloop (gunner runs up to the gun) is intended for the maxim, think it makes up for the 6 man crew as originally designed
20 Apr 2020, 18:05 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Does anyone remember on which game of the finals semis the faust bug proc ?
20 Apr 2020, 18:45 PM

okay now i've seen this vid, my guess was the bugged HE barrage, and as i see it, this bug exists since beta cuz i found it there

after all i'd get rid of this fuckin barrage cuz it's game breaking and replace it with maybe the similar to M42 or give something else
20 Apr 2020, 18:56 PM

Iirc I had the 'zis bug' happen once to a pak 40 (didn't obey any move orders), I wonder if it happened to anyone else.

Also, off topic, can something be done about lefh 18 sometimes not responding to arty officer's coordinated barrage? It's been bugged since the cooldown rework. I have done some tests, but couldn't figure out yet what causes it.
20 Apr 2020, 19:01 PM

Actually I had a suggestion on how to improve the behavior of towed weapon on retreat.

The idea is to allow these weapon to retreat in reverse so that gunner do not die during rotation.

20 Apr 2020, 19:10 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Apr 2020, 16:09 PMGrumpy

I had it happen once where the AT gun was overlooking a VP. I couldn't give it any commands but it fired at everything in its arc and really caused a problem for the other player. It made a section of the map dangerous for armor and also gave vision.

Yeah same here. I believe they have fixed this bug though, so the only one remaining is the one that causes you to lose the ZiS instead of getting a ZiS "emplacement"
20 Apr 2020, 19:29 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Apr 2020, 17:53 PMRosbone

Just to be clear, if you press Stop/Cancel and then move the ZiS, you will not get the bug?

yes I tested it with stop command also
20 Apr 2020, 20:01 PM
Director of Moderation Badge

yes I tested it with stop command also

Awesome :thumbsup:

Very well done you two :)
20 Apr 2020, 20:06 PM

Good job guys, you truly are the excellent people that AECoH was talking about.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★