Login

russian armor

Congratulations balance team

• This thread is locked
PAGES (12)down
14 Apr 2020, 13:17 PM

Did... he just.... seriously used a fucking BOFORS as scouting unit example?
And people say I'm ridiculous....

However, the trend is easily visible - brits have no accessible, reliable and affordable scouting options compared to literally everyone else, closest would be AEC, which still costs twice as much as 2nd most expensive option, 222 and *chuckles* is mutually exclusive with 2nd british potent scouting unit, vet2 bofors :romeoHype:.
14 Apr 2020, 13:25 PM

stop bullying vipper

I'll have you know building bofors behind enemy lines in some form of tower eye of Sauron role for 40 LoS is a valid strategy

Kappa
14 Apr 2020, 13:31 PM

Ukf doesn't have doctrinal recon troop but they make it up with emplacement vet.

THIS
14 Apr 2020, 13:50 PM

What are you on about guys, i love scouting ahead with my Bofors, pretty standard strat XD
14 Apr 2020, 13:53 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Apr 2020, 13:50 PMMusti
What are you on about guys, i love scouting ahead with my Bofors, pretty standard strat XD

:lolol::rofl:

14 Apr 2020, 13:56 PM

those aren't squads for the most part

Sniper vet 2 is probably the only thing there you want spotting for your ATG like you can with pio/path/jaeger.

Rest of those are emplacements (lol), vet abilities for emplacements (lol) or vehicles. AEC and valentine aren't bad but they're not T-70 tier that unlocks vet3 in a heartbeat.

I was simply pointing out the sight option for UKF and they have some.

Personally I would test making the pyro upgrade a side grade instead of straight upgrade.

Change could include giving the squad scope enflied, removing cover mechanism and reducing DPS making the unit a scout that that hit light and is used more for utility than fighting (as most reckon squads should be). If need a temporary ability could be added (maybe kills with critical under a threshold similar to other scoped weapons)

stop bullying vipper ...

He cant he is obsessed but you should try to follow your own advice or run the risk of following him in that low level of his post.
14 Apr 2020, 13:57 PM

That’s very reasonable.

Will you guys also take responsibility, which is very reasonable? If Brits roflstomp everyone and the cohrona cup is ruined by OP sections, will you and everyone else from the team who supported these British buffs leave the team for good?

Unless you wanna pay Matt the price pool if indeed the tournament is ruined, in which case fair play and power to you. The point is if you’re gonna ruin a big tournament where people donated their hard earned money, there should be consequences.

Stop applying pressure to the balance team in order to nerf the unit you want. They aren't obliged to quit or anything even if they've overbuffed an unit. Balance changes aren't made over a night, neither they should made. God knows how long will we play on this patch. Regardless of the tournament you keep using as an excuse for nerfing sections, things need to settle down first before deciding which unit needs a buff/nerf.
14 Apr 2020, 13:59 PM

Seriously, with 2 5 man heavy sapper, you can set up an Bofor in less than 10 seconds, then it scout for you from there. Or, you can set up an 17 pounder in more or less 10 seconds, then let it vet up and you have yourself an uncountable recon option that work everywhere within 70 range from the emplacement.
14 Apr 2020, 14:00 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Apr 2020, 13:57 PMRaxzero
Stop applying pressure to the balance team in order to nerf the unit you want.

I am simply asking if they will walk away if a big tournament ends up being ruined because of their decisions. Nothing more nothing less.
14 Apr 2020, 14:02 PM

I am simply asking if they will walk away if a big tournament ends up being ruined because of their decisions. Nothing more nothing less.

I would add that it's especially egregious because most people predicted this exact thing would happen if sections were buffed.
14 Apr 2020, 14:02 PM

And I am simply asking - what exactly is OP about sections now out of sudden?
Because the firepower is unchanged for months and this patch did not changed it.
14 Apr 2020, 14:05 PM

The whole problem in the video seems to be that sections came from behind a hedge and other sight blockers relatively close to the mg. It won't tell you much this way. Mg had too little time to pin, but it was enough for a section to throw a grenade (basically a bad mg placement). The second mistake was moving gren squads. Why did he move them into sections – panic? Grens deal very little damage on the move and must be stationary to be effective. They should have been standing behind the mg shooting at sections and preferably used a riflenade. The video proves nothing/very little imo in relation to assessing the balance of the sections (I’m discussing the lefthand mg).
14 Apr 2020, 14:05 PM

It's very possible that Sections have been around this powerlevel for a long time, and the patch simply brought new attention to the faction. Maybe competitive tournament players have 100s or 1000s of hours on OKW/OST/USF/SOV and didn't want to commit to learning a comparatively newer faction.

Either way, having seen the changes laid bare from the last patch, I don't see how this scenario has resulted from an obtuse, careless overbuff.
14 Apr 2020, 14:08 PM

It's very possible that Sections have been around this powerlevel for a long time, and the patch simply brought new attention to the faction. Maybe competitive tournament players have 100s or 1000s of hours on OKW/OST/USF/SOV and didn't want to commit to learning a comparatively newer faction.

Either way, having seen the changes laid bare from the last patch, I don't see how this scenario has resulted from an obtuse, careless overbuff.

It may be because of the Soviets that are really great against both axis factions. I like playing with Brits and don't feel that they are worse than USF, for example. All I would like to see with them is the possibility to remove emplacements with some refund. I'd like it for two reasons. 1. To retain those emplacements to keep the faction unique. 2. By removing them with a sapper for some resources return they would be less static, which imo is the biggest problem wuth them as statsic structures on higher levels of play are just completely ineffective. No need to buff anything imo. It has been buffed/debuffed too many times. Just make sappers remove them and that is it.
14 Apr 2020, 14:18 PM

Stop being a hata'r and drama queens axisbois.

I seen games with captainPrice doing the same ukf blob moves, long before winter patch. Did CaptPrice team win big games? Nope.

IS got a little buff but hardly anywhere near where Ost can still counter them. A single game of bad Ost plays proof NOTathing. Yo.
14 Apr 2020, 14:30 PM

My suggestion for a solution that i think would work, get rid of sandbags, trenches, give them five man out of the gate, get rid of the coverbonus, decrease their firepower and reduce their cost if need be and give them a snare if its so fucking desperate to deal with LVHs. Reduce the AECs anti infantryt pintle and make treadbreak not get stronger with vet. make the vickers 50 muni per, Make assault sections lose their phosp grenade, and increase the last tech level for brits so the cromwell doesn't get the best timing in the game.

I don't disagree with your reasonings(for the most part), and as you are a substantially better player I'd defer to your assessment regardless- but I dont understand the munitions cost added to the vickers and the nerf to the AEC mg.
14 Apr 2020, 14:37 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Apr 2020, 14:30 PMSerrith

I don't disagree with your reasonings(for the most part), and as you are a substantially better player I'd defer to your assessment regardless- but I dont understand the munitions cost added to the vickers and the nerf to the AEC mg.

Think i may have misswrote something with the vickers, as for the AEC its way to oppressive against everyhting in its current state imho, and making it less oppressive vs infantry is better.
14 Apr 2020, 15:15 PM

That’s very reasonable.

Will you guys also take responsibility, which is very reasonable? If Brits roflstomp everyone and the cohrona cup is ruined by OP sections, will you and everyone else from the team who supported these British buffs leave the team for good?

I'll do you one better and commit seppuku on stream to restore the honor of the balance team.
14 Apr 2020, 15:17 PM

What even is this thread anymore? XD
Like seriously, what is this i don't even.
14 Apr 2020, 15:21 PM

every Standard infantry can self spot in your regard, and i dont think we should argue semantics here.

And ye spotting mgs before they set up or seeing what force is coming and getting more troops there, or spotting for TDs is (not) a significant advantage, i wont even start that you can see every flank a mile away and can reposition, Becouse for some reason the small sandbags give cover in every direction while the russian ones dont

Panzerfusiliers with G43 have extra sight range even without cover, are 6 men with even higher moving dps and even lower reinforcement cost and also have a snare. IS aren't really that scary when you compare these squads. Additionally OKW has now 80 true sight stock cheap vehicle so, please, don't even mention how 45 sight range on tommies in cover is too strong because they can spot for TDs.
PAGES (12)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS