Login

russian armor

Pack Howie

PAGES (9)down
10 Apr 2020, 20:09 PM

Simply no, why are you trying to nerf every allied functioning units? Why you want to nerf Pack Howie? US only has Pack howie as indirect fire(lmao Scott).
Why do you want symmetrical factions? Pack howie makes this game and playing US interesting and you want to nerf it, ever thought about how US does not have panzerwerfer?

Stop making FACTIONS symmetrical because of your l2p issues. You want to maim US factions cant stand one performing unit where panzerwerfer be wiping vet 3 squads. How about give riflemen ability to make mg placements, sniper in US t2, Jumbo in t3 and M4A3 in t2 and remove pack howie once and for all.

OKW and OST both have pretty good indirect fire options themselves in Pzwrfr, Stuka, BB ability of Brummbar, mortar, leg whereas US has only pack because Scott got nerfed to an idiotic status where it is pretty much non existent.
10 Apr 2020, 20:19 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Apr 2020, 19:09 PMTheMux2

So you are saying that its auto fire which requires no micro is too rewarding?

sounds like counter barrage that the axis have mmmmmh

I said none of those things.

I said, Pak howie suffers from indirect fire but its superior than any axis counterpart

It seems you dont want to contribute but mess up things.
10 Apr 2020, 20:24 PM

But why would we just nerf the overpowered unit when we can reshuffle the entire USF tech structure instead?

What overpowered unit?

Pack howie is fine.
10 Apr 2020, 20:25 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Apr 2020, 19:27 PMTheMux2

So you want to nerf both indirect fire options, making none of them vaible AND reshuffle the USF tech tree which took years to make? yeah no dude great idea, just nerf the splash a bit and bring it in-line with the rest if it has to be nerf (which it doesnt)

No?
Scott should be viable when using the barrage which atm only the smoke is fine (i wouldn't mind if smoke basically had no cd at all).

Pack Howie should be better as a barrage unit when the USF has both the mortar and Scott as direct fire units. So you are not forced to get Priest/CalliOP if you want to dislodge heavy entrenched positions in teamgames as USF.

It's also stupid how the unit becomes irrelevant if the is able to afford an early Stuka.
10 Apr 2020, 20:42 PM

If anything, they should give it back it's 6th man and do something about the Recon Bundle, it's the one unit you can count to do damage when the enemy refuses to move.
It's perfectly fine~
10 Apr 2020, 20:43 PM

I said none of those things.

I said, Pak howie suffers from indirect fire but its superior than any axis counterpart

It seems you dont want to contribute but mess up things.

There is no discussion, it doesnt need nerfs. you are activly seeking something to whine about
10 Apr 2020, 21:27 PM
Director of Moderation Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Apr 2020, 20:43 PMTheMux2

There is no discussion, it doesnt need nerfs. you are activly seeking something to whine about

If there's no discussion then what is this thread about? Is there any evidence to suggest that the unit doesn't need nerfs? perhaps playing at high tier or extensive tests that can be provided?
10 Apr 2020, 21:28 PM

If the enemy has access to a stuka then the Pak Howi is a non issue as that thing simply cancels support weapon play.

I propose that we take the Howi out of captain and swap it with the calliope.

Two birds with one stone :)
10 Apr 2020, 21:32 PM
Director of Moderation Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Apr 2020, 21:28 PMGrim
If the enemy has access to a stuka then the Pak Howi is a non issue as that thing simply cancels support weapon play.

I propose that we take the Howi out of captain and swap it with the calliope.

Two birds with one stone :)

scott = doctrinal

calliope = nondoc

this fixes literally half of all of USFs issues with blobs and the scott.

i'd say just nerf the aoe of the pak howi. Still annoying anywhere you put it if its wiping units with 2 shells.
10 Apr 2020, 21:34 PM

scott = doctrinal

calliope = nondoc

this fixes literally half of all of USFs issues with blobs and the scott.

i'd say just nerf the aoe of the pak howi. Still annoying anywhere you put it if its wiping units with 2 shells.

In truth my post was just to stir the pot but I think swapping the calliope for the scott would be a solid move.

If the USF can have ready access to rocket arty for blob control then the Pak howi could be changed more into a ML20/Lefh-Lite with barrage only perhaps?

edit: I feel really ungrateful bitching about balance already when we had the update so recently. Good work balance team anyway!
10 Apr 2020, 23:59 PM

Pak Howi is a completely broken unit. Who at Lelic designed this unit to fight OST 4men squads? send him to the gulag.
11 Apr 2020, 02:02 AM

If anything, they should give it back it's 6th man...

I think that a major reason PH has 5 men now is to differentiate from SU 6 man TW.
11 Apr 2020, 02:46 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Apr 2020, 10:30 AMGrim

So no early game mortar?

I'm pretty sure we've tried this.

Not a good idea. Why are you trying to take indirect fire options away from a faction without rocket arty?

Because it's not their preferred faction, rather it's the one they face in matches. Therefore they come up with all these wonderful "ideas" on how best to nerf USF's units.
11 Apr 2020, 02:56 AM

What overpowered unit?

Pack howie is fine.

yes I agree its fine. if pack howi is nerfed then leig should get a nerf also
11 Apr 2020, 03:19 AM

Give the pak howitzer 6 men again, make it's AOE less prone to wipes by spreading out the damage

I'd like to see it made into a mini mobile howitzer. Only barrages no auto fire. I think that would work instead of being a super powered mortar that also barrages like a howi. It makes it too flexible
11 Apr 2020, 03:31 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Apr 2020, 10:41 AMVipper

Mortar behind captain is not late.

Because this USF went from having to limited stock indirect fire support teams to having more than any other faction.

USF went from a faction designed around infatry into a faction designed around support weapons and that is killing off ostheer.

USF simply do not need to have a mortar, Pack howitzer, Scott, Officer barrage all available stock.

No

As I always say, I recommend you to do some USF play
11 Apr 2020, 05:58 AM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post10 Apr 2020, 10:30 AMGrim

So no early game mortar?

I'm pretty sure we've tried this.

Not a good idea. Why are you trying to take indirect fire options away from a faction without rocket arty?

USF just got a ninja buff to grenade tech cost so they don't need a 0 min mortar. I actually like Vipper's idea, except I think the mortar should be locked behind either Capt OR Lt instead of just Capt.
11 Apr 2020, 06:02 AM

Permanently Banned
For those who dream of making calilope stock, I'm sure the balance team will need to nerf it first to behave more like a werfer. No way a stock calilope should have its current performance.
11 Apr 2020, 08:31 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Apr 2020, 03:31 AMblancat

No

As I always say, I recommend you to do some USF play

It is time for you to come up with a new "argument" and not that it carries any weight on debate but I have over 1.500 game as USF.

Pls try to be more constructive instead of using personal attacks.
11 Apr 2020, 08:36 AM

For those who dream of making calilope stock, I'm sure the balance team will need to nerf it first to behave more like a werfer. No way a stock calilope should have its current performance.

yeah ! why not and give them sniper they lack one, and pershing also stock and the Rangers also ...

maybe a captured Stuka or a captured Jagdtiger...

PAGES (9)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS