Login

russian armor

Should soviet Combat E ngineers be buffed?

PAGES (11)down
How would you like to see the soviet CEs?
Option Distribution Votes
84%
2%
1%
5%
1%
8%
Total votes: 104
Vote VOTE! Vote ABSTAIN
27 Mar 2020, 11:16 AM

They are by far the worst engineer squad in the game, why can't the price be raised to 200 and they get ppshs(with the same stats as German pioneers mp40s)

Thoughts?

I mean they're called Combat engineers but they have almost no potential to actually perform well in combat if you don't build like 6 of them, in which case it's more of a meme.
27 Mar 2020, 11:18 AM

They are by far the worst engineer squad in the game, why can't the price be raised to 200 and they get ppshs(with the same stats as German pioneers mp40s)

Thoughts?

I mean they're called Combat engineers but they have almost no potential to actually perform well in combat if you don't build like 6 of them, in which case it's more of a meme.

That would be a nerf. C.E. with flamer are better than pioneer with Flamers.
27 Mar 2020, 11:20 AM

With the adjustment to their rifles, making them same as con rifles they are fine.
They are the cheapest engi squad in game as well.
27 Mar 2020, 11:22 AM

Yeah but their early game potential would be stronger. As well as giving the soviets a close range unit early on, making it possible to vary your playstyle more than just going straight into cons every game.
27 Mar 2020, 11:25 AM

Their early game potential is capping the map and driving around in M3.

A soviet close range unit early on are cons.

2 CE opening is very common, so its not like CEs are unpopular.
27 Mar 2020, 11:30 AM

Cons are close range? 🤔🤔
27 Mar 2020, 11:41 AM

I do not understand why the USSR and the German Engineers the buff that they required turned out to be a debuff. Soviet and German engineers demanded faster repairs and they were given it but only with a mine detector that reduces firepower. This is damn ridiculous. At the same time, we have Rear Echelon, Royal Engineers, SP which has great capabilities and abilities.
They just needed a slightly higher repair speed without any ifs and buts.
27 Mar 2020, 12:24 PM

Rifles > Suicide range SMGs
27 Mar 2020, 12:28 PM

Cons are close range? 🤔🤔

They are better at close range than grens and volks I think (without stg44 upgrade)

Also combat engineers have a flamethrower for close combat, it's quite strong already for just 170 mp + 60 muni.

BTW if you want close combat squads as soviets early on, go for a doctrine with partisans and put them in a scout car. Now you can engage in CQC super quick, wipe retreating infantry AND set up mines with just one squad and a light vechicle.
27 Mar 2020, 12:30 PM

Thoughts?

And then ? make the already STRONGEST faction even better .... what the fuck is wrong with you???
27 Mar 2020, 12:43 PM

CE's are completely fine. Their rifles got buffed to Conscript rifles and they can dish out enough DPS for their cost.
27 Mar 2020, 13:34 PM

Combat Engineers are four man Conscripts now. They're good enough to swing a fight between two mainline infantry squads and have good utility.

I'd actually be more inclined to make the Ostheer Pioneers more like Combat Engineers than the other way around.
27 Mar 2020, 14:03 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Mar 2020, 11:25 AMKatitof

2 CE opening is very common, so its not like CEs are unpopular.

2 CE opening is common only in Soviet T1 builds and not due to CEs being good infantry, but because going Penals only delays your map capping heavily. Many compensate by getting a second engineer early on.

Appart from that I also think CEs are fine. Cheap and shitty, but with a flame thrower they become quite capable for fighting.
27 Mar 2020, 14:27 PM

Flamer Combat Engineers with merging Conscripts are already very strong, idk what makes you think they are bad.
27 Mar 2020, 14:37 PM

Remove the restriction on demo charges in territory points. Thats the only thing i would do. If any squad can reveal them just by LoS then there's no reason for the territory point rule

All it does it make it so you can't demo bunkers if your opponent places them close enough to the territory

Demos were the only thing unique about engineers, while they deserved nerfing it went too far imo
27 Mar 2020, 14:47 PM

Helmet Upgrade, 5 munitions.
Grants Combat Engineers helmets.
27 Mar 2020, 14:47 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Remove the restriction on demo charges in territory points. Thats the only thing i would do. If any squad can reveal them just by LoS then there's no reason for the territory point rule

All it does it make it so you can't demo bunkers if your opponent places them close enough to the territory

Demos were the only thing unique about engineers, while they deserved nerfing it went too far imo

+1 on that point.

They were a bit cheesy when only sweepers could see them, but now they are almost useless. You have to use sight blockers (not the actual LOS in-game system, but that block the view from the camera to the ground) to use them. So only bushes, trees, some buildings. That's even cheesier.

Also someone brought up a comparison to the Teller mine in a discussion months ago to argue demos should only be seen by sweepers as well. Hard to argue against that to be honest with the only exception that OST is not able to spam Tellers, while SOV often have munis floating for demos.
27 Mar 2020, 14:58 PM

Also someone brought up a comparison to the Teller mine in a discussion months ago to argue demos should only be seen by sweepers as well. Hard to argue against that to be honest

Very easy to argue against that.

Recommend uninstalling the game for good.
27 Mar 2020, 15:11 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Well then go on and put out some arguments instead of being edgy.
PAGES (11)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS