Login

russian armor

Winter balance mod 2020 V1.3

PAGES (22)down
2 Apr 2020, 16:13 PM

I'm fine with the buffs Brits receive, they help UKF fight cheese and make them more fun to play. That said, if they're going to be turned into a wholesome faction, I'd like to see some of their overpowered abilities adjusted like the bonus sight on all Sections. It makes it impossible to outposition UKF, especially when combined with the sight upgrade on all tanks.
2 Apr 2020, 16:18 PM

I'm fine with the buffs Brits receive, they help UKF fight cheese and make them more fun to play. That said, if they're going to be turned into a wholesome faction, I'd like to see some of their overpowered abilities adjusted like the bonus sight on all Sections. It makes it impossible to outposition UKF, especially when combined with the sight upgrade on all tanks.

+1, especially in team games, brits can be so damn cancer with double bren IS, constant arty left and right, simcity emplacements (though i can understand the difficulty with with nerfing emplacements). UKF should come with buffs as well as nerfs.
2 Apr 2020, 16:22 PM

+1, especially in team games, brits can be so damn cancer with double bren IS, constant arty left and right, simcity emplacements (though i can understand the difficulty with with nerfing emplacements). UKF should come with buffs as well as nerfs.

You've missed the last 2 years, when it was constant nerfing to everything they had as well as removal of all of the cheese they relied on to survive?

Faction as a whole was crippled to the point where they had to give them AT nades, which they never needed before.
2 Apr 2020, 16:34 PM

You've missed the last 2 years, when it was constant nerfing to everything they had as well as removal of all of the cheese they relied on to survive?

Faction as a whole was crippled to the point where they had to give them AT nades, which they never needed before.

Ive played in the last 2 years and you haven't, so don't talk. they've received both buffs and nerfs in the last 2 years, its been back and forth, same with every other faction. Yh they got AT nades because some of ther cheese wer removed with piats and AEC, just like OKW with ther shreks and fausts.
2 Apr 2020, 17:54 PM

UKF's changes are minuscule. They won't change the faction.

I admit, it's quite shocking to read that people are already panicking that UKF are going to be OP in every game modes. These were tiny little unworthy changes, and UKF will still be the laughing stock of everyone in every game modes.
2 Apr 2020, 19:32 PM

I admit, it's quite shocking to read that people are already panicking that UKF are going to be OP in every game modes. These were tiny little unworthy changes, and UKF will still be the laughing stock of everyone in every game modes.

they are very strong in 2vs2 AT.. maybe u try some games as OST
2 Apr 2020, 19:51 PM

Fully agree.

Also agree that 2mp cheaper Grenadiers with T4 built will be game breaking. On top of that the capture rate buff is the greatest joke on earth, absolute tragedy.
2 Apr 2020, 21:42 PM

People can keep complaining for panther accuracy but you're just turning it more into a invincible cancer unit that already can barge in and wipe a TD then back away on 20% health.

It's an AT focused comet nothing more nothing less

lol, people here are batshit insane and can't cope with reality, they think panther is a turreted version of stug with "worse" aim.
2 Apr 2020, 22:40 PM

Just in case any changes are still being considered, I'd like to point out the M1 57mm AT Gun.

It has low penetration and a fast reload. Its AP ability brings it up to the penetration of other AT guns, so it can reliably penetrate Panzer 4s.

But what if it had a little more penetration by default (helping mostly vs Panzer 4s)? Then, if the AP round ability was cheaper, increased penetration even more, but reduced fire rate?

That would make the ability more situational but more available. Better vs heavies, worse vs light vehicles. It reduces the munitions drain on a munitions-starved faction. It means that the Jackson isn't the only option for medium armor and above.
2 Apr 2020, 23:58 PM

The best AT gun in the game absolutely does not need buffs.
3 Apr 2020, 00:31 AM

I quite like the design of the usf AT gun. It's the way the Jackson should operate imo. Great potential but the cost of munitions for reliability later on. Everyone seems to have a hate on for munitions being an important resource that requires decisions like fuel does and it makes me sad.
3 Apr 2020, 00:52 AM

I quite like the design of the usf AT gun. It's the way the Jackson should operate imo. Great potential but the cost of munitions for reliability later on. Everyone seems to have a hate on for munitions being an important resource that requires decisions like fuel does and it makes me sad.

Locking unit performance behind a timed ability costing munitions isn't the same as a one-time fuel cost. All the enemy has to do is disengage for X seconds and that's munitions down the drain. It's also why the M36 is so much more attractive and ubiquitous in USF builds, since a M1 ATG simply isn't reliable versus heavier axis tanks (whereas it is incredibly capable versus lights and medium tanks).

The Jackson doesn't much equate either for the fact that it's the end-game AT option for USF and essentially has to have good penetration to compete with end-game armor of axis factions.

I have said before that one can look at ROF or moving accuracy or some such with regard to the M36, but penetration is a very, very strange place to look when considering nerfs for this unit.

Fully agree.

Also agree that 2mp cheaper Grenadiers with T4 built will be game breaking. On top of that the capture rate buff is the greatest joke on earth, absolute tragedy.

I'd have preferred they went with my idea and at least granted an experience gain buff to Grens with T4 (or BP3 really).
3 Apr 2020, 01:03 AM

I'd have preferred they went with my idea and at least granted an experience gain buff to Grens with T4 (or BP3 really).

I’d trade the capture rate for a 10% xp gain tbh
3 Apr 2020, 01:20 AM

Locking unit performance behind a timed ability costing munitions isn't the same as a one-time fuel cost. All the enemy has to do is disengage for X seconds and that's munitions down the drain. It's also why the M36 is so much more attractive and ubiquitous in USF builds, since a M1 ATG simply isn't reliable versus heavier axis tanks (whereas it is incredibly capable versus lights and medium tanks).

The Jackson doesn't much equate either for the fact that it's the end-game AT option for USF and essentially has to have good penetration to compete with end-game armor of axis factions.

I have said before that one can look at ROF or moving accuracy or some such with regard to the M36, but penetration is a very, very strange place to look when considering nerfs for this unit.

If the enemy was in a situation where they can just back off it didn't matter anyways, and even then the usf AT gun is in a better position than any due to its increased rof as well as its increased range with vet. And even at that, if the enemy just says "yep this is a no go zone for 30 seconds" the AT gun did its job.

Having a munitions cost for scaling is fine as long as it's not locked entirely behind vet (this is where the Jackson design of old failed). Munitions is one of the 3 resources you earn in this game and is greatly overlooked in the balance. In this case it let's the cheapest stock at gun around become the most powerful. Which is a good thing for munitions to do. The munitions points should be fought over with as much tenacity as the fuel points and the effect on the late game should have the same value (conversion rate allowing)

Also the Jackson is simply over powered. It has the power sit and plink or chase. It has great pen and accuracy AND an ability to increase it further, but also damage because fuck you! MURICA! It defies balance. But that's a rant for another place.
Munitions are in a strange place where they are a passive thing instead of an active thing and they should be the heart of the dynamic play, not a side line attraction. Buying a weapon upgrade shouldn't be a no brainer, you should have something impactful to weigh up against. If the Jackson had HVAP no vet and it did as it does now, and say Sherman HE was an ability instead of a passive perhaps double rifle blobs wouldn't have been treated like the norm and gutted to the level that you need 2 for any meaningful impact. Choices. I guess what I'm getting at is a lack of choices when it comes to munitions.
3 Apr 2020, 04:30 AM

USF at gun is great, don't know what you're on about.
3 Apr 2020, 06:47 AM

I’d trade the capture rate for a 10% xp gain tbh

But you do know why cons got that exp rate, right?
And why other squads shouldn't get it?
3 Apr 2020, 08:52 AM

Lol, this is just straight up wrong, sections getting better on the move accuracy is going to make them absurdly strong combined with the cover bonus. (Source: I was able to go toe to toe with isildur and kimbo with brits in preview)

Brits are going to be better than okw and ok against wehr, and probably better than USF. Espescially combined with their extremely good teching and commando squad that beats pgrns.
3 Apr 2020, 09:13 AM

There is a belief that Rifle Company is somehow weak so with that in mind, i got a suggestion for small fix. What if we remove phosphor offmap and replace it with time on target arty and then put phosphor offmap in infantry Company. This change will not affect 1v1 meta but will help a little in teamgames. This change will nerf infantry company slightly and will buff rifle company in lategame especially against howizters and structures. Usf dont need one commander with two abilities against howizters.
PAGES (22)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS