Login

russian armor

Winter balance mod 2020 V1.3

PAGES (22)down
1 Apr 2020, 11:19 AM

No matter what you want to classify Stug as it is not 80 fuel, it is 90.

Have good month everyone.
1 Apr 2020, 11:31 AM

The only 80 fuel tank is the M10, unless you want to count the Stug E at 75 fuel.

1 Apr 2020, 14:05 PM

So let's recap on what cancer will still be in the game after the patch goes through with no more changes.

• …….
  • Skill tactician still untouched.

:lolol:
10/10 skill indeed.
1 Apr 2020, 14:54 PM

Ihr seid alle behindert, einen schönen ersten April!

You are all handicapped, a nice 1st april!

zamknij mordę niemiecka świnio
we are one big family, happy april fools day
1 Apr 2020, 17:46 PM

So let's recap on what cancer will still be in the game after the patch goes through with no more changes.
  • Pack howitzers will still be braindead wipe guns.
  • There's zero punishment for laying your mid and back lines with bunkers with excess resources even though only 2 (3 doctrinal) get no pop bunkers.
  • Falls have basically no counter with brits except MAYBE commandos. Other than that you cannot fight them with an infantry unit.
  • The KT is still a laughing stock.
  • Panther vet is still outdated and has little to no meaning outside of its active abilities against super TDs. Its mobility means little when it can't hit the broad side of a barn while moving.
  • G43 moving accuracy promotes blobbing and has little to no downsides.
  • The jackson will still terrorize anything made of armor.
  • Scotts still require 3 hits and have skill smoke.
  • Skill tactician still untouched.

I'm sure there's more I just can't think of it currently besides snipers OP. And please compare the brummbar to the 105 howitzer sherman bulldozer. Dozer sherman >>>> brummbar.

I somewhat disagree with the UKF/Falls thing; without a faust, falls can be countered by the UC or fast AEC fairly early on.

Regardless, I'd also add:
  • OST still extremely vulnerable to fast LVs
  • OKW/UKF recon flares
  • Sturmpios still overloaded with jobs, but also unable to build SBs
  • UKF still missing basic tools (non-doc normal mortar, etc.).
  • Commander balance (notably USF/OKW essentially using only 2 each)

It's a good patch (and I appreciate the work the team has done), but it feels like "part 1 of 2" considering the current state of things. Hopefully we'll get a patch addressing the above issues sooner than later; the meta is getting pretty stale, imo.

1 Apr 2020, 18:30 PM

I somewhat disagree with the UKF/Falls thing; without a faust, falls can be countered by the UC or fast AEC fairly early on.

Regardless, I'd also add:
  • OST still extremely vulnerable to fast LVs
  • OKW/UKF recon flares
  • Sturmpios still overloaded with jobs, but also unable to build SBs
  • UKF still missing basic tools (non-doc normal mortar, etc.).
  • Commander balance (notably USF/OKW essentially using only 2 each)

It's a good patch (and I appreciate the work the team has done), but it feels like "part 1 of 2" considering the current state of things. Hopefully we'll get a patch addressing the above issues sooner than later; the meta is getting pretty stale, imo.

AEC does not "counter" infantry. It can damage them, sure, but it won't actually force them off. UC counters falls a little better but that's still kind of like saying use a clown car to counter obers or a 221/223 to counter rangers.
1 Apr 2020, 18:38 PM

AEC does not "counter" infantry. It can damage them, sure, but it won't actually force them off. UC counters falls a little better but that's still kind of like saying use a clown car to counter obers or a 221/223 to counter rangers.

Clown car counters obers lul. Thanks man for the good laugh. Had quite a chuckle over that.
2 Apr 2020, 01:52 AM

I hope this patch gets TONS of polish before it goes online, the new brit units are all wonky with their hotkeys, medic and arty sections are a problem.

also the medic need a bigger range on the healing aura.
2 Apr 2020, 09:25 AM

I still don't get why Brits get performance buffs and Ostheer just gets utility (cap speep, reinforcement cost).

The argument is "Ostheer would become too powerful in teamgames".

My observation however is that Brits is the faction that becomes incredibly cancerous to deal with in team games. Their units perform superb and become an utter menace to deal with. Indestructible Churchills and Bren blobs are pure cancer.

The problem with Brits is that they were slow in 1 v 1. In Teamgames (2 v 2) and up they were fine because their weaknesses were covered up.

I predict super Brit cancer in teamgames. That being said I would prefer some Ostheer performance as it was supposed to be (Panther accuracy and Brumm range).
2 Apr 2020, 09:32 AM

I still don't get why Brits get performance buffs and Ostheer just gets utility (cap speep, reinforcement cost).

My observation however is that Brits is the faction that becomes incredibly cancerous to deal with in team games. Their units perform superb and become an utter menace to deal with. Indestructible Churchills and Bren blobs are pure cancer.

Its because brits were receiving constant performance nerfs and removal of all gimmicks, to the point where nothing but raw stat boosts can bring them back to competitive level, while ost, specifically infantry, was constantly receiving buff after buff and the issue with vehicles was not performance, but ease of getting(T4) or one always overshadowing other(222 vs 251).

The problem with Brits is that they were slow in 1 v 1. In Teamgames (2 v 2) and up they were fine because their weaknesses were covered up.

I predict super Brit cancer in teamgames. That being said I would prefer some Ostheer performance as it was supposed to be (Panther accuracy and Brumm range)

All factions have their weaknesses covered in team games, why one should be treated differently because of it?
2 Apr 2020, 09:37 AM

I predict super Brit cancer in teamgames. That being said I would prefer some Ostheer performance as it was supposed to be (Panther accuracy and Brumm range).

Yes the argument that Ostheer are weak only 1vs1 and thus they should only get utility buffs applies also to UKF. So there is little reason for oshteer to be treated differently.

On the other hand it more like that the other faction need nerfs and less about buffing UKF/Ostheer
2 Apr 2020, 14:06 PM

25 days since 1.3 preview notes. When is this "winter" patch going to be released?
2 Apr 2020, 14:09 PM

25 days since 1.3 preview notes. When is this "winter" patch going to be released?

Wait... you weren't told yet?

2 Apr 2020, 14:15 PM

Maybe try reading the last few patch notes? Tommies and by effect bren blobs were nerfed due to lower RA. They currently get eaten by axis elite inf.

The only buffs they received were stuff like an officer CQB unit (that actually gets weaker version of bren so not great in blob), smoke on global cooldown and Cromwell MGs. All will have little effect outside of 1vs1 and 2vs2.

So hardly anything that's going to turn them into a powerhouse against the hordes of panthers and obers in team games. Meanwhile stuff like ostheer capspeed will be useful in every game mode
2 Apr 2020, 14:22 PM

People can keep complaining for panther accuracy but you're just turning it more into a invincible cancer unit that already can barge in and wipe a TD then back away on 20% health.

It's an AT focused comet nothing more nothing less

2 Apr 2020, 14:24 PM

Maybe try reading the last few patch notes? Tommies and by effect bren blobs were nerfed due to lower RA. They currently get eaten by axis elite inf.

The only buffs they received were stuff like an officer CQB unit, smoke on global cooldown and Cromwell MGs. All will have little effect outside of 1vs1 and 2vs2.

So hardly anything that's going to turn them into a powerhouse against the hordes of panthers and obers in team games.

That is an over simplification:
Lee Enfield moving accuracy from 0.35 to 0.5---buffed

Assault Infantry Section---buffed
Tank Hunter Infantry Section---buffed
Assault Officer---buffed
Cromwell---buffed
Wasp---buffed
British Medic Squad---buffed
Valentine barrage---buffed and it will impact team game allot
Glider---buffed

British M5 nerfed
-Target size from 0.9 to 0.85; target size in cover remains the same at 0.8---minor nerf
2 Apr 2020, 14:26 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post2 Apr 2020, 14:24 PMVipper

That is an over simplification:
Lee Enfield moving accuracy from 0.35 to 0.5---buffed

Assault Infantry Section---buffed
Tank Hunter Infantry Section---buffed
Assault Officer---buffed
Cromwell---buffed
Wasp---buffed
British Medic Squad---buffed
Valentine barrage---buffed and it will impact team game allot
Glider---buffed

British M5 nerfed
-Target size from 0.9 to 0.85; target size in cover remains the same at 0.8---minor nerf

What is the relation to Valentine and Bren blobs?

Unless you consider tank hunter Tommies cancer, lol

I listed the three biggest buffs because they are the most relevant, a few extra MG Burts to wasp survivability is not relevant in the grand scheme of things.
2 Apr 2020, 14:40 PM

What is the relation to Valentine and Bren blobs?

Read what you wrote, I have even highlighted for you, I never said anything about bren blobs:

"The only buffs they received were stuff like an officer CQB unit, smoke on global cooldown and Cromwell MGs. All will have little effect outside of 1vs1 and 2vs2. "

The buff you mention are not the only ones and the Valentine change will have an impact in large modes.

Unless you consider tank hunter Tommies cancer, lol

I listed the three biggest buffs because they are the most relevant, a few extra MG Burts to wasp survivability is not relevant in the grand scheme of things.

And you have missed the moving accuracy buffs that will make IS blob allot more effective especially when using abilities like "assault" and "Advanced Cover Combat"

I stand by my point, you are over simplifying UKF got numerous buff across all modes.
2 Apr 2020, 15:15 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post2 Apr 2020, 14:40 PMVipper

Read what you wrote, I have even highlighted for you, I never said anything about bren blobs:

"The only buffs they received were stuff like an officer CQB unit, smoke on global cooldown and Cromwell MGs. All will have little effect outside of 1vs1 and 2vs2. "

The buff you mention are not the only ones and the Valentine change will have an impact in large modes.

And you have missed the moving accuracy buffs that will make IS blob allot more effective especially when using abilities like "assault" and "Advanced Cover Combat"

I stand by my point, you are over simplifying UKF got numerous buff across all modes.

Maybe you should learn to read the context of a discussion rather than nitpicking individual sentences. This will aid reading comprehension.
2 Apr 2020, 15:58 PM

Maybe you should learn to read the context of a discussion rather than nitpicking individual sentences. This will aid reading comprehension.

For the last time:
The claim that the buff UKF received will not effect 3vs3 and 4vs4 is simply false.

UKF have received numerous buffs and many of them will have an effect across all mod and some will even effect more 4vs4 than 1vs1.

The change in Valentine barrage for instance will 4vs4 more that it will 1vs1.

Now will be so kind as to stop personal comments especially in feedback thread?
PAGES (22)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 66
unknown 6
unknown 4

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %