Login

russian armor

T-34 Ram

3 Mar 2020, 15:16 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post3 Mar 2020, 15:16 PMVipper
I am simply pointing out that Ram is being used in high level play also.

Ram, sure.

But ram alone is trading your tank for a snare.

That's very situational.
3 Mar 2020, 15:16 PM

Who even claims ram isn't used? Just watch any of the popular 2v2 streams and you will see it all the time. It might be used a lot less in 1v1 but that doesn't mean "no one" uses it.
3 Mar 2020, 15:47 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post3 Mar 2020, 15:16 PMVipper

I am simply pointing out that Ram is being used in high level play also.

Well Mr Vipper read what I wrote again and then you might want to clarify what you take issue with.

There's a bit of a difference between using ram, and then selecting a doctrine for IL2 ram and banking muni to make it your entire strategy.

The former I quite clearly agree that it's used, quite well against tiger stalls. The latter I doubt any top players touch with a bargepole when money is involved.

Simply too easy to spot and shut down

3 Mar 2020, 16:07 PM

Well Mr Vipper read what I wrote again and then you might want to clarify what you take issue with.

There's a bit of a difference between using ram, and then selecting a doctrine for IL2 ram and banking muni to make it your entire strategy.

The former I quite clearly agree that it's used, quite well against tiger stalls. The latter I doubt any top players touch with a bargepole when money is involved.

Completely disconnected from reality.
3 Mar 2020, 16:21 PM

What's completely disconnected from reality is the actual state of Tiger, specially OKW version. Before nerfing ram+strafe it would be good to see the definitive version of the patch.

Nobody is going to spend so much resource on Ram+Stafe vs it if it lose its OPness first hand.

3 Mar 2020, 16:30 PM

I was very clear in my post and I will be equally clear now.

1) Ram is being used in high level game

2) Airborne Troops Tactics can be used in high level even in 1vs1 and the commander was actually the 6 most popular in the load outs in World Championship although it did not provide the Super heavy tank which was the meta.

3) Airborne Troops Tactics was even used in one game and the game won so the the commander is "touched with a bargepole when money is involved"

Actually even elchino7 and even Sander93 think that the IL-2 AT strafe could use a nerf.

And I do not "take issue with anything".
3 Mar 2020, 16:37 PM

Nobody competent lets their tanks gets rammed.
Checkmate.

This is the guy that got rammed in the video.

If that's not a competent player, then you're garbage by your own definition.
3 Mar 2020, 16:57 PM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post3 Mar 2020, 16:37 PMKoRneY

Because he is. Every time Katitof loses an argument, like when he thinks commandos should be flat out superior to the stormtroopers, he just says dIfFeREnt aRMies, sO diFFeREnt uNitS!!!
3 Mar 2020, 17:48 PM

I'am not agree to remove t34 ram coz of the unique, but that ram + IL2 strafe or bomb tactic is really cheesy :D

You guys need to think about the mediocre players too
3 Mar 2020, 18:18 PM

Man this game is becoming less of a meme now. We cant have that :D
3 Mar 2020, 18:29 PM

I feel like the 100m IL2 rocket damage is too powerful.
The T-34 ram is acceptable.
A high-value vehicle should be screened by inf.
once you see T-34 come into the range that t-34 has no chance to win, it means that the combo is coming.
tiger can reverse so that t-34 can not reach and will overheat.
I like Stormjäger's idea that full health heavy tanks shouldn't be stunned by rams.
Because between all the heavy, only tiger has the chance to escape by reversing.
However, T-34 ram ability should be stable.
Adding any RNG will ruin this ability.

t34-85 is a minor problem. it can be what it is right now or replace ram ability with something else.

3 Mar 2020, 18:45 PM

If the t34 doesnt stun the target when it hits the t34 should not be crippled. Loosing 300 mp and 100 fuel when it connects and the target just drives of and kills the t34 while reversing is realy wasting a tank.
Its a 100 fuel and 300 mp plus the pop and vet it attained ramming a enemy tank, it should have a decent impact.

9 times out of 10 the t34 is dead after ram anyway. The target has a far bigger chance to escape then the t34 ever will.
I had mud slow/cancel my ram in what should have been a succefull connect and it cost me my t34.

I would just increase the at bombing run in cost. It should be better then imo.
3 Mar 2020, 19:33 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Old post:

My idea for ram:

-It no longer requires to have an enemy in LoS or to target it.
-Vehicle just goes forward at an increased speed (it can't steer) for a reduced amount of time.
-If it doesn't collide with a vehicle, it receives the same debuffs as of now (engine overdrive which results in momentary speed lost). If it collides with a support weapon or building, it stops with same debuff.

When it rams an enemy vehicle it checks for the following:
-Always proc the stun crit. Double the time the T34 is stunned.
-Removed main gun destroy small chance for the enemy vehicle.
-Engine damage/Heavy engine damage depends strictly on HP of enemy vehicle. If HP is >25% (same HP threshold to trigger main gun destroyed through normal dmg) after ram, it's a heavy engine dmg. If higher, it's engine dmg. If it penetrates.
-Same for the crits on the T34.
480HP >= (basically full health T76 or 1 hit T85), heavy engine damage, turret lock.
320HP >= Immobilize
>320HP Immobilize + Main gun destroy.

Added: reduce the penalty on engine overdrive. Right now the tank stays immobile after failing to connect with a vehicle for a couple of seconds and the speed debuff is equivalent to engine damage. So the speed should be higher.
3 Mar 2020, 19:40 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

The problem with this is that this is coding a completely different idea rather than just changing certain values.

So as i don't see "overdrive" skill shot been possible (or adding smoke to T85) i would just make small adjustments to the current ram mechanic.

Basically:
-Remove the odd chances (5%?) of main gun destroyed on enemy tank.
-If pen, the enemy tank get's engine damage unless it's low in health which would proc heavy engine damage. I don't think we can have localised criticals occuring based on hit location (which would be good for having main gun destroyed for frontal ram at low health or heavy engine damage from rear)
-Reducing the penalties for T34 when doing so at a higher health condition.
3 Mar 2020, 20:02 PM

You completely missed the point. Ram + rockets strafe should be viable and effective, but not a brainless 2 clicks without the opponent having any chance of counterplay. This is why clown car with snipers was killed, because there was no counterplay. Forcing you to first damage a tank before you ram it would allow the opponent to play conservatively and keep his distance to avoid getting rammed.

+1 but with that logic some other things have to be changed too. There are some abilities way to brain-dead.
3 Mar 2020, 23:47 PM

That video is insane, why not turret lock and reduce the speed of the tank rammed to 50% so you have a chance to escape if your on the ball ?

Ram & bomb cheese combo made sense when there was 400 armour 1500 hp tigers, 100 range elefants and 1280 hp 60 range panthers but doesn't fit in 6 years later when axis armour has been deservedly toned way down.
4 Mar 2020, 01:11 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post3 Mar 2020, 16:37 PMKoRneY

High level players are also prone to brain fart.
No reason for him to drive the tiger through the narrows without recon even.
Probably tired and desperate by then.

This combined arm ability sounds insane but is fair, especially in 4v4 against mass of axis heavies. This doctrine lost use of good tanks, a penalty against tigers stallers and all.
4 Mar 2020, 01:56 AM

I think the problems of the Ram + Bombar tactic is that only able to used by winning player.

I mean 300mp 90fuel 250ammo is a huge resource that losing players dont have enough resource to use, or not dare to use because if they fail, its a certain lose
4 Mar 2020, 07:23 AM

Completely disconnected from reality.

Wow great counter argument, there is a thing on forums called discussion rather than personal attacks.

If you stick to the former and constructing a reasonable argument that's probably better
4 Mar 2020, 07:27 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post3 Mar 2020, 16:30 PMVipper

I was very clear in my post and I will be equally clear now.

1) Ram is being used in high level game

2) Airborne Troops Tactics can be used in high level even in 1vs1 and the commander was actually the 6 most popular in the load outs in World Championship although it did not provide the Super heavy tank which was the meta.

3) Airborne Troops Tactics was even used in one game and the game won so the the commander is "touched with a bargepole when money is involved"

Actually even elchino7 and even Sander93 think that the IL-2 AT strafe could use a nerf.

And I do not "take issue with anything".

Again you fail at reading comprehension

Find in any of my posts where I claimed top players do not use ram.

The claim is another of your threads is a hyped up fit over nothing. If this terrible apparently uncounterable "cheese" of airborne was so popular we wouldn't see luvnest and co insta locking Soviet armored, shock rifle or anything else with a big tank at the end. Especially in the last tournament where tigers were meta.

I'm waiting, but I know we'll just get a load of strawman arguments just like the gammon bomb smoke thread.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

New Zealand 10
unknown 2

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment