Login

russian armor

T-34 Ram

3 Mar 2020, 13:06 PM

I dont feel like the ability should cost nothing.
Its a kamikaze in combination with the strafe but even without its still very powerfull.
It should cost atleast some muni
3 Mar 2020, 13:10 PM

You completely missed the point. Ram + rockets strafe should be viable and effective, but not a brainless 2 clicks without the opponent having any chance of counterplay. This is why clown car with snipers was killed, because there was no counterplay. Forcing you to first damage a tank before you ram it would allow the opponent to play conservatively and keep his distance to avoid getting rammed.

The counterplay is not stalling for a Tiger once you've seen SVT Cons.

If it's acceptable for heavies to shut down so many strategies, it seems fair enough that there are strategies that shut them down right back.
3 Mar 2020, 13:31 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post3 Mar 2020, 13:10 PMLago

The counterplay is not stalling for a Tiger once you've seen SVT Cons.

If it's acceptable for heavies to shut down so many strategies, it seems fair enough that there are strategies that shut them down right back.

Don't be daft. The cheap cost of a T34/76 allows it to do the same trick on pretty much any tank that's not a Stug, and still come out ahead in terms of invested resources.

Ram and kill a WM Pz4? Net gain of 30 fuel.
Panther? Net gain of 95.
OKW Pz4? Net gain of 50.

3 Mar 2020, 13:32 PM

Don't be daft. The cheap cost of a T34/76 allows it to do the same trick on pretty much any tank that's not a Stug, and still come out ahead in terms of invested resources.

Panther? Net gain of 95.
OKW Pz4? Net gain of 50.

Since when rocket strafe is free of any kind of cost?
3 Mar 2020, 13:34 PM

Since when rocket strafe is free of any kind of cost?

Yeah, 100 munitions that will ensure a destroyed tank are totally an issue for a commander that has no muni sinks after you have SVTs.

If you actually played the game, you'd know that.
3 Mar 2020, 13:36 PM

You completely missed the point. Ram + rockets strafe should be viable and effective, but not a brainless 2 clicks without the opponent having any chance of counterplay. This is why clown car with snipers was killed, because there was no counterplay. Forcing you to first damage a tank before you ram it would allow the opponent to play conservatively and keep his distance to avoid getting rammed.

Surely the counterplay is building mobile tanks like the P4s that eat 76s alive rather than a big slow ram target.

I've never seen luvnest or any other top 10 player lose to this. Bar the first week of overwatch arty release when Jove was abusing it and it caught heavy stallers off guard. And that was more to do with how prenerf overwatch arty was destroying engines with the first or second shell.

3 Mar 2020, 13:37 PM

Yeah, 100 munitions that will ensure a destroyed tank are totally an issue for a commander that has no muni sinks after you have SVTs.

I'll share a secret with you:
Soviets had a fuckload of additional and increased muni costs to everything, running including(oorah) over last years, they are no longer muni light faction they were 5 years ago, because everything costs a hefty amount of muni to use.

Hell, airborne guards alone in that doctrine are endless muni sink due to nades and vet1.

Play them sometime, you'd knew that if you did.

3 Mar 2020, 13:39 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post3 Mar 2020, 12:49 PMLago

It's only a viable trade against expensive tanks, and is available in a doctrine that gets no doctrinal armour of its own.

If you Tiger stall against a player playing Soviet Airborne in 1v1, you deserve everything you get.

Exactly that. Yet people go full Tiger and Pg spam in 1on1 knowing exactly that the opposition has the best possible tiger counter. There's too many people just stalling for tiger, losing control of the map, losing the attrition fight then rage quitting when it gets countered.

And yeah, if the opponent had 5 panthers as suggested, ram would have had no effect - the t34 would have been deleted instantly. Just don't let your tanks on their own if you spot the enemy will do that tactic against you. What a stupid argument that a tiger rush should always be the winner move.
3 Mar 2020, 13:41 PM

I'll share a secret with you:
Soviets had a fuckload of additional and increased muni costs to everything, running including(oorah) over last years, they are no longer muni light faction they were 5 years ago, because everything costs a hefty amount of muni to use.

Hell, airborne guards alone in that doctrine are endless muni sink due to nades and vet1.

Play them sometime, you'd knew that if you did.

Thanks for proving my point. Nobody that's competent even uses Airborne Guards, which is why they're getting buffed.

And if you think Oorah is any kind of muni sink, you've just confirmed everything I said.
3 Mar 2020, 13:41 PM

Thanks for proving my point. Nobody that's competent even uses Airborne Guards, which is why they're getting buffed.

And if you think Oorah is any kind of muni sink, you've just confirmed everything I said.

Nobody competent lets their tanks gets rammed.
Checkmate.
3 Mar 2020, 13:42 PM

The game is fine as it is no need to change anything unless you make a change on the counterpart.
3 Mar 2020, 13:51 PM

What are you fr? That entire doctrine runs on ammo, infact it is the worst ammo sink commander for Soviet, I believe. Forward retreat healing, you not gonna equip the assault guards with anything, nades on guards, strafe on guards, rocket strafe and the SVTs as you already mentioned.

To quote you again.

'If you actually played the game, you'd know that.'
3 Mar 2020, 13:54 PM

Tbh, Recon and Stuka is as bad as a contender as this, all it gives you is a very bugged audio indicator that something bad will happen. At least with Ram, you'll spot a T34 miles ahead.
3 Mar 2020, 14:09 PM

It seems to me the rocket strafe is a bit too strong. No need to nerf Ram which is a fine ability when used together with every other commander in the roster.

3 Mar 2020, 14:42 PM

Surely the counterplay is building mobile tanks like the P4s that eat 76s alive rather than a big slow ram target.

I've never seen luvnest or any other top 10 player lose to this. Bar the first week of overwatch arty release when Jove was abusing it and it caught heavy stallers off guard. And that was more to do with how prenerf overwatch arty was destroying engines with the first or second shell.

Actually Ram was used 5 times in the World Championship.
3 Mar 2020, 15:05 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post3 Mar 2020, 14:42 PMVipper

Actually Ram was used 5 times in the World Championship.

Brits were also picked a handful of times, that doesn't mean they're OP. Especially when they you know, lost.

3 Mar 2020, 15:12 PM

Panther? Net gain of 95.
OKW Pz4? Net gain of 50.

Wanted to say the same. The T34 ram + IL2 cheese works against any tank especially when you consider that to counter SVT Con hordes only works with tanks. SVT Cons dominate Volks and Grens to a stupid extent.
3 Mar 2020, 15:16 PM

Brits were also picked a handful of times, that doesn't mean they're OP. Especially when they you know, lost.

I am simply pointing out that Ram is being used in high level play also.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★