Login

russian armor

Königstiger buff

12 Feb 2020, 17:54 PM

Hey everyone,

As it’s widely known in the 1v1 community, the King Tiger is currently not in a good spot and is especially overshadowed by the Tiger I. There’s a general consensus that the Königstiger’s lack of mobility is to blame for its current state, so to that end I would like to propose a small change to the KT’s veterancy which would allow it to flourish in the meta with the upcoming CP nerf for the Tiger I.

So current KT vet is:
Vet 1: Spearhead unlock
Vet 2: -20% scatter, 40% weapon rotation, 20% accuracy
Vet 3: Combat Blitz
Vet 4: 30% acc/deceleration
Vet 5: 20% reload

What I would propose is to give the KT blitzkrieg at vet 0. This would be 40 munitions and would work like it does now for about 10 seconds. Then with vet:

Vet 1: Blitzkrieg lasts 15 seconds.
Vet 3: Spearhead unlock, blitzkrieg costs 20 munitions.
Vet 4: 30% acc/deceleration, blitzkrieg lasts 17 seconds.
Vet 5: 20% reload, blitzkrieg is free.

This would keep the KT’s combat performance the same, give it a vet 0 mobility ability that’s expensive and not efficient, then help it scale with veterancy.
12 Feb 2020, 17:59 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

If your aim is mobility, then the unit doesn't need Combat Blitz, it needs Blitzkrieg from OH.

They are different bonuses. OKW one is combat oriented while OH is mobility oriented.
12 Feb 2020, 18:02 PM

If your aim is mobility, then the unit doesn't need Combat Blitz, it needs Blitzkrieg from OH.

They are different bonuses. OKW one is combat oriented while OH is mobility oriented.

K, fixed
12 Feb 2020, 18:10 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

For others to understand:

Heavies bonuses (mediums are better)

Blitz: 15s 30mu

-25% received accuracy.
+15% speed.
+30% ac/de-celeration.

Combat Blitz: 10s 30mu

+20% accuracy.
-25% received accuracy.
+20% speed.
+25% rate of fire.

12 Feb 2020, 18:14 PM

The ability I'd move to Vet 0 is Spearhead. That helps with the KT's turret traverse, and the suppression it grants helps with the whole mobile bunker playstyle it's got.
12 Feb 2020, 18:14 PM

Problem is the pen of Allied TDs. Combine that with a slow tank like the KT and the unit is ridiculously less resistant compared to other tanks like the IS-2. At this point I think a buff to the old frontal armour wouldn't be bad. If it is slow and faces high pen units, it should at least be resistant to frontal attacks.

Just compare it to the IS-2 which is hardly ever penetrated by a 130 fuel end of tech tank destroyer. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R1eGWZre1fQ&t=41m18s
A whole minute of IS-2 bounces.
12 Feb 2020, 18:17 PM

I would like to see a HP buff and nothing else.
12 Feb 2020, 18:18 PM

Hey everyone,

As it’s widely known in the 1v1 community, the King Tiger is currently not in a good spot and is especially overshadowed by the Tiger I. There’s a general consensus that the Königstiger’s lack of mobility is to blame for its current state, so to that end I would like to propose a small change to the KT’s veterancy which would allow it to flourish in the meta with the upcoming CP nerf for the Tiger I.

So current KT vet is:
Vet 1: Spearhead unlock
Vet 3: Combat Blitz
Vet 4: 30% acc/deceleration
Vet 5: 20% reload

What I would propose is to give the KT blitzkrieg at vet 0. This would be 40 munitions and would work like it does now for about 10 seconds. Then with vet:

Vet 1: Blitzkrieg lasts 15 seconds.
Vet 3: Spearhead unlock, blitzkrieg costs 20 munitions.
Vet 4: 30% acc/deceleration, blitzkrieg lasts 17 seconds.
Vet 5: 20% reload, blitzkrieg is free.

This would keep the KT’s combat performance the same, give it a vet 0 mobility ability that’s expensive and not efficient, then help it scale with veterancy.

Moving Spearhead to vet 3 would be a massive nerf. Not sure why you would want that?
12 Feb 2020, 18:34 PM

Moving Spearhead to vet 3 would be a massive nerf. Not sure why you would want that?

Yeah idk the last time I saw a vet 3 KT. That would just make the ability never get seen imo
12 Feb 2020, 18:52 PM

I would like a KT buff, but not really on the mobility department.

Durability is the name of the game, KT is a tough nut and hits hard. If you buff its mobility its powerlevel grows exponentially. Thats why buff suggestions are hard.

Since KT is a late game unit that needs constant support, why not making an ability to give that focus? Instead of Blitz at Vet3 a payed, timed aura effect that gives some defensive/Ofensive buff sounds better for me.

Add: But i wouldnt digress too much on buffing the KT, its either a solid idea, or a team game oriented buff only. KT is not that bad that really needs a buff.
12 Feb 2020, 19:12 PM

Spearhead > Combat Blitz tbh
12 Feb 2020, 19:36 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Feb 2020, 18:14 PMButcher
Problem is the pen of Allied TDs. Combine that with a slow tank like the KT and the unit is ridiculously less resistant compared to other tanks like the IS-2. At this point I think a buff to the old frontal armour wouldn't be bad. If it is slow and faces high pen units, it should at least be resistant to frontal attacks.

Just compare it to the IS-2 which is hardly ever penetrated by a 130 fuel end of tech tank destroyer. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Because the "end of tech" is the Panther. Whether you like it or not. And which is why i think not gaining any range at all, would make it more fair for 50 range TDs.

OT: i don't think it would buff the unit at all as others said.
12 Feb 2020, 19:44 PM

I thought we decided this a while ago. Just cause x>y does not make y completely worthless. 1v1 isn't the only mode people play. The last thing heavies, of any faction, need is more buffs. We're at the point where you insta retreat full squads before a heavy fires to avoid getting one shot. Mobility buffs just further encourage TD spam. Why try and flank w mediums, if its impossible to do so in the first place.
12 Feb 2020, 19:44 PM

Tiger is fine, better start nefing stuff like tank-hunters, so german mediums become more usefull.
12 Feb 2020, 20:38 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Feb 2020, 18:14 PMButcher

KT is the main reason why allied TDs got penetration buffed, because before that, it could just casually roll towards them until the edge of the map, where it would roll over them.

You forgot about the fact that this 130fuel end of tech TD is not meant to counter heavies, never was, never will as long as panther exists.
It does excellent job at countering all meds and, surprise for you, all allied TDs.
12 Feb 2020, 21:27 PM

12 Feb 2020, 21:37 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Feb 2020, 20:38 PMKatitof

KT is the main reason why allied TDs got penetration buffed, because before that, it could just casually roll towards them until the edge of the map, where it would roll over them.

Much else has changed since then though. The rear armour is no longer higher than most tanks front armour for starts, it's cannon has been gutted, it's front armour lowered and I don't recall but wasn't it's health lowered as well?

Frontal assault shouldn't be the only way to beat them, and it no longer is.

That said, aside from moving spearhead to vet 0 or 1 any buffs to the KT (who is in a sorry state now) should imo be coupled with a hard cap of 1 per game
12 Feb 2020, 21:43 PM

That said, aside from moving spearhead to vet 0 or 1

Spearhead is already at vet 1 since last patch. And it's been a major improvement.
12 Feb 2020, 21:57 PM

Spearhead is already at vet 1 since last patch. And it's been a major improvement.

I’m not really set on a vet 3 spearhead. If people think vet 0 Blitz and vet 1 spearhead is better, by all means.
12 Feb 2020, 22:02 PM

I personally don't think the KT needs a buff. It's just Jacksons and SU85 being a bit too good. KT is already very very good vs UKF because even vet 3 FF doesn't have more than 210 penetration and that's just not enough to reliable fight off a well supported KT. Reduce the penetration Jackson and SU85 get with vet and voila the KT would be in a good spot. Also remove ram + IL2 cheese strafe.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS