Login

russian armor

Königstiger buff

13 Feb 2020, 16:15 PM

Only "buff" the KT needs is the removal of mutual exclusivity with the Command Panther and SturmTiger.
13 Feb 2020, 16:55 PM
Director of Moderation Badge

Please try and keep the thread on the KT, or relate TDs in your post to the KT etc.
13 Feb 2020, 18:14 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Feb 2020, 16:15 PMSully
Only "buff" the KT needs is the removal of mutual exclusivity with the Command Panther and SturmTiger.

With the heavy tank changes, I agree. Those restrictions were to prevent call-in armies.
13 Feb 2020, 18:37 PM

Yeah...Command Panther + KT combo could make Spec Ops viable again too. I doubt it would be too OP now that the Command Panther is nerfed.
13 Feb 2020, 19:08 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

13 Feb 2020, 21:26 PM

Yeah NO!... its part of the okw design to win the first engagment and have the best lategame Tanks ... thats of the cost of having a weak midgame, and have to grind ur units to vet5 to be viable in the late game.
If u cut the lategame Tanks which are have be just better as the allied counterparts why would u even play OKW?

Except what exactly is weak about OKW's mid game? They seem to have the best light vehicles between the Luchs, Puma, and the damn Walking Stuka. It's not like their infantry, artillery, or armor are weak.
13 Feb 2020, 23:05 PM
Benefactor 392

Answering main question as thread is to large to read.

KT is in a good spot, people just don't seem to understand how to use it. as it's really hard to get, and it happens so late that it doesn't see much action.

If you are talking 4v4s, you have to take the entire match into account.how is your enemy playing, how your allies are playing. and so forth.

In 1v1s i feel it's really strong, vunerable with how much of a slug it is, but really strong. and if you lose it you probably did something stupid, you threw it for a win, or you got bad RNG

Other team game formats it sits nice.
14 Feb 2020, 00:30 AM

Yeah NO!... its part of the okw design to win the first engagment and have the best lategame Tanks ... thats of the cost of having a weak midgame, and have to grind ur units to vet5 to be viable in the late game.
If u cut the lategame Tanks which are have be just better as the allied counterparts why would u even play OKW?

Lol what. Mechanized mid game is way better than Ost midgame, UKF mid game and on par with USF mid game.
14 Feb 2020, 00:40 AM

I think a good buff would be to give it the ability to fire a smoke shell. This would be of little help if it got flanked, rightfully so as that is meant to be its weakness, but would help it push forward against AT gun walls/ TD walls.
14 Feb 2020, 02:34 AM

KT is in a good spot, people just don't seem to understand how to use it. as it's really hard to get, and it happens so late that it doesn't see much action.

If you are talking 4v4s, you have to take the entire match into account.how is your enemy playing, how your allies are playing. and so forth.

In 1v1s i feel it's really strong, vunerable with how much of a slug it is, but really strong. and if you lose it you probably did something stupid, you threw it for a win, or you got bad RNG

I've literally never seen it used properly/well in a 1v1 game across the past thousand games or so. I've never seen it in the hundreds of streams I've watched.

I've seen it being used as a humongous victory cigar on occasion. Virtually all of the games which featured winning + KT would have been won without the KT anyway.

Many Allies players mistakenly think the KT won the game, especially when they struggle to deal with the KT, without looking at the fact that it was already a game they had already lost with 99% certainty.

The OKW player was already winning by a ton if he could hang in there while building all 3 tech buildings and floating a ridiculous 720mp and 280fuel and using up 1/4 of his pop cap. When GenMe can't counter KT + Panther with 1 SU85 and 1 T34-76, the answer isn't "KT OP", or even "KT OK". KT sucks - the Soviet player having less than half the fuel in vehicles is the actual problem.
14 Feb 2020, 02:52 AM

I think if you're going to assume people don't know how to use it, then maybe you should also take into account that you've probably never used it in a high level match. At least w/ a JT or an Ele they can range out threats or have a much larger screen. A KT is pretty close to the action and these days they're just bait to get rammed and bombed. Or buttoned and bombed. Or just ground down by range 60tds. They just can't get out of the shit they have to get themselves into.
14 Feb 2020, 08:33 AM

The OKW player was already winning by a ton if he could hang in there while building all 3 tech buildings and floating a ridiculous 720mp and 280fuel and using up 1/4 of his pop cap. When GenMe can't counter KT + Panther with 1 SU85 and 1 T34-76, the answer isn't "KT OP", or even "KT OK". KT sucks - the Soviet player having less than half the fuel in vehicles is the actual problem.

If you manage to stale with 75% of your popcap vs someone using 100% of his popcap until you get the fuel and manpower required to call the KT and win, there are two possibilities:

1- Effectively you outplayed your opponent and the KT is the cherry on your cake.

2- Faction imbalance.

Since factions are quite well balanced today and vs someone at your level using 100% of his popcap, if you stale at 75% of popcap and bank 280 fuel during that long to later call the KT, there is no way you should win even if you manage to call the KT at the end. (at least at high level where players understand what they are doing and what their opponent is doing)

The only way to make the KT relevant as you wish it would is to make your faction 25% stronger (in term of popcap)than others so you can call the KT when the situation is "balanced" and see it change the fate of the game in your direction.

And this shows very well why other heavies are broken and how the KT is balanced. Even at equal level you can stale with your faction and call your tiger/pershing/IS2 because they are so OP that they offset the too short period of time the player had to spend with less pop/fuel investment on the field.
Other generalist heavies have to be brought back to KT level, not the other way around.

14 Feb 2020, 08:50 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

From my feeling the KT perform accordibgly well to its price. I just have the feeling that it's often not worth getting it because you have to tech up for quite a lot of fuel.

But this might be an artifact from the current heavy meta, since the Tiger is just a ton better because it comes way earlier. Maybe we have to wait and see what the heavy nerf does before deciding where exactly to put the KT
14 Feb 2020, 09:01 AM

The tiger is only be more build because it has much better mobility and isn't this is to lost as a KT...it has less armor/HP/ Dmg...but you wont lose it so easy...so it is recommend to get a Tiger instead a KT

Tiger can use the weakness of an enemy and push fast forwards ...dive in...do its job....get fast back..a KT cant do it..because of this low mobilty...
2 users are browsing this thread: 2 guests

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★