Login

russian armor

COH2 winter balance mod - discussion

PAGES (44)down
24 Jan 2020, 14:18 PM

Question: would it not be better to make the vikers perform like 50 cal or a much more mobile MG42 than buffing IS??
I feels this gonna create OP IS blobs of doom again since they are now better while moving and 2 still just as strong while standing.
24 Jan 2020, 14:33 PM

I would say Ost UKF and USF and okw are mostly fine now. Soviets need some small nerfs to T70 vet and 7man con (focus on small because old cons lategame were target practice for axis inf) because their late game is just bullying everyone. Let's see how the patch plays out in testing and then you can isolate whatever needs changing. The heavy meta has really messed up a lot of the traditional late game builds, and mostly benefitted Sov and OKW.

It will be nice to see a return to medium tanks, and medium play is arguably ostheers territory as their T3 is so solid.

I do not agree.
In the tournament we saw how OST suffers from light vehicles.
T4 is useless in 1vs1 and 4vs4 is not convenient.
OST needs buffs.
24 Jan 2020, 14:45 PM

and we go on ...on the way that allies have much easier life these days. axis get even more nerfs..while allies gets so many buffs. Seems legit after look the stats from last tournament where allies was much better. and we all know where is behind these buffs and nerfs...hello alli-fanboy

24 Jan 2020, 14:46 PM

Something isn't right about assault sections. Why at vet 3 do they have better target size than commandoes (0.639 to 0.65)?

Commandos are meant to rely on their camouflage, not target size. Their veteran received accuracy is pretty high compared to regular brute force elite assault squads. Rangers and Panzergrenadiers have around 0.53/0.56 for example. The veteran received accuracy for Assault Sections is on par with other non-elite assault troops (Assault Engineers and Assault Grenadiers).

- Sturmtiger vet 1 nade ability has 100% penetration even vs tanks like IS2

It doesn't, but it has 40 deflection damage. No idea why it originally had this. But I'm not sure about removing it, because the ability can no longer be targeted so it will target (and probably prioritize) vehicles outside of the player's control.

On the topic of the IR Halftrack, we would highly appreciate some tests or replays and proper suggestions about possible improvements. These are first iteration changes that are a proof of concept most of all. As volunteers we don't always have time to extensively test all changes ourselves and need the community to provide more data to finetune values, and this is such a case.
24 Jan 2020, 14:47 PM

However here is the thing section are like volks(now more so ok in attack and strong in defense) so the price of ass sections should be like sturms or even penals.

If ass section cost 300mp then they should come with thompson default, they should beat stum since is specialized assault uniy come from doc and cost the same.
24 Jan 2020, 14:50 PM

someone here said that tommys lack AT. ahm...no..you can go and equip them with piats if u want. and you can even blobb piat pios with AT nades (totallys OP)
24 Jan 2020, 14:55 PM

I test out the officer squad, they are very useful and the addition of them in the stock lineup sure is very nine. But, i notice that the officer model still use silenced sten, seem not very suitable, i suggest give him a thompson and rename platoon lieutenant for more realistic feeling.
24 Jan 2020, 15:27 PM

What is it with the balance team making all these weird token adjustments like USF grenade package 100 instead of 150 MP? Or Jackson +5 fuel, or Airborne Combat Group 380 instead of 350.

We all know these changes are completely meaningless and have no influence on the game. So why implement them? I am really curious wh
24 Jan 2020, 15:38 PM

Great patch, love the new cooldown on the heavy call-ins.

Stil missing a range buff on the stug, since wehrmacht is the only faction that lacks a 60range TD in their stock load out.

Also weird to put a difference between a Tiger I from Ostheer and a Tiger I from OKW. Both should need all buildings.

24 Jan 2020, 15:40 PM

Also weird to put a difference between a Tiger I from Ostheer and a Tiger I from OKW. Both should need all buildings.

Yes and while we are at it remove Axis from the next tournament too because it will be so much fun when IS2's hit 60 fuel earlier than OKW Tigers and Soviets get 70% winrate.
24 Jan 2020, 15:42 PM

If ass section cost 300mp then they should come with thompson default, they should beat stum since is specialized assault uniy come from doc and cost the same.

Ok, can you you explain how OST is supposed to deal with an army who win behind cover and out of cover????
24 Jan 2020, 15:44 PM

There was a reason smoke was taken away from USF Rifleman. How many times are we going to get "interesting" work arounds for the brits because they lack reliable, non-doc indirect fire.

I get it, the mortar pit can be a situational, indirect fire powerhouse, and the base artillery and sniper fill in the gaps. But over the years we have learned that every faction needs certain baseline things. Suppression, snares, indirect fire. There is an obvious middle ground between uNiQuE asymmetrical balance and "identical factions just different skins".

We keep dancing around the fact that Brits need a mortar. Let them keep an expensive and situational pit, just give them a reliable source of indirect fire and stop it with the gimmicks.
24 Jan 2020, 15:45 PM

someone here said that tommys lack AT. ahm...no..you can go and equip them with piats if u want. and you can even blobb piat pios with AT nades (totallys OP)

Literally you are the first one who said they lacked AT.

Everyone else pointed out they lack SNARE.
Stop posting while drunk.

Ok, can you you explain how OST is supposed to deal with an army who win behind cover and out of cover????

By implementing superior snipers, HMGs, mortars and reinforcement halftruck if you really refuse to use anything that isn't gren squad.

Yes and while we are at it remove Axis from the next tournament too because it will be so much fun when IS2's hit 60 fuel earlier than OKW Tigers and Soviets get 70% winrate.

You forgot about CPs.
You will have enough fuel long before you'll reach CPs.
24 Jan 2020, 15:51 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Jan 2020, 15:45 PMKatitof

Everyone else pointed out they lack SNARE.
Stop posting while drunk.

By implementing superior snipers, HMGs, mortars and reinforcement halftruck if you really refuse to use anything that isn't gren squad.

You forgot about CPs.

11 cp isnt that late espacielly in 1vs1 ,with a lot of back and forth, command panther used to be 10, and could be techbypassed quite easily

fuel matters much more in 1v1s perspektive
24 Jan 2020, 15:53 PM

Then why can't brits use UC's, mg's and snipers instead of crying about how their better grens can't deal with weaker assault infantry????
24 Jan 2020, 15:54 PM

You forgot about CPs.

No. I use Tiger all the time in 2v2 and when I have the 230 fuel for Tiger and T4 up it's usually 10-11CP unless I skipped all light vehicles and the enemy had no map control.

Just the last game I played 5 minutes ago was like that. I went Flak HT -> T4 -> Tiger and when I had the fuel for Tiger I had close to 13 CP even though we had more map control. Then my Tiger had like 35 kills in the next 10 minutes including enemy tanks and it was GG. In that game the 11 CP change wouldn't have changed anything.

Unless heavy tanks get their AOE reduced we will keep seeing them every game.

24 Jan 2020, 15:54 PM

It doesn't, but it has 40 deflection damage. No idea why it originally had this. But I'm not sure about removing it, because the ability can no longer be targeted so it will target (and probably prioritize) vehicles outside of the player's control.

you can control the targeting of the vet1 ability simply with attack orders or attack ground
24 Jan 2020, 16:04 PM

https://www.coh2.org/replay/103517/tiger-timing

You can watch this replay to see what I mean.

2v2 on Stadtschutt. The game was slightly in our favour overall. Very steady ressource income. I build Flak HT->T4->Tiger. By the time I had the resources to call it in I had close to 13 CP. And that was a pretty standard game.

Changing heavy tanks to 11 CP will not make a big difference in 2v2.

After calling in the Tiger the game went completely out of control for the Allies. Tiger got lots of kills and ended the game pretty much alone.

My point is: Unless the AOE on heavy tanks gets nerfed they will stay meta no matter what.

Locking them behind complete tech is impossible because complete tech costs are very different for all factions. If you lock them behind full tech IS2 will arrive 50-60 fuel earlier than the Tiger which would be insanely unbalanced and break the game's balance completely.
24 Jan 2020, 16:06 PM

you can control the targeting of the vet1 ability simply with attack orders or attack ground

Yeah, you can even tell it to fling grenades at ambient buildings this way. Almost kills an un-braced mortar pit outright (1 additional nade would finish it).

Not the ST buff I was looking for, but hey I'll take Nazi Bomber Man since they refuse to try any of the numerous ideas presented over the last year. :banana:
24 Jan 2020, 16:21 PM

Remove the all tech structures requirement and replace with 800MP/300FU price tag on all heavies.

https://www.coh2.org/replay/103517/tiger-timing

You can watch this replay to see what I mean.

2v2 on Stadtschutt. The game was slightly in our favour overall. Very steady ressource income. I build Flak HT->T4->Tiger. By the time I had the resources to call it in I had close to 13 CP. And that was a pretty standard game.

Changing heavy tanks to 11 CP will not make a big difference in 2v2.

After calling in the Tiger the game went completely out of control for the Allies. Tiger got lots of kills and ended the game pretty much alone.

My point is: Unless the AOE on heavy tanks gets nerfed they will stay meta no matter what.

Locking them behind complete tech is impossible because complete tech costs are very different for all factions. If you lock them behind full tech IS2 will arrive 50-60 fuel earlier than the Tiger which would be insanely unbalanced and break the game's balance completely.

Preach
PAGES (44)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight