Login

russian armor

COH2 winter balance mod - discussion

PAGES (44)down
24 Jan 2020, 06:07 AM

The freaking IL2+T34 ram bullshit! How could they miss it?
No buffs for grenadiers?

IS-2

CP requirement from 9 to 11
IS-2 Armor from 375 to 340
Requires all tech buildings (experimental change - may not remain)

What difference does it make? It's not a change, soviets need every tech already for just about everything late game.
24 Jan 2020, 06:11 AM

Changes for Ostheer which I’d like to see:

- 60 muni Panzershrek package available to Pioneers if T1 and T2 are up (mutually exclusive with flamer, can be purchased regardless of sweeper)
- StuGG rotation rate increase
- Puma added to HQ and available once BP2 is researched (in the mobile Defense doctrine)
- Ostheer T4 building price increased by 150mp/20fuel, brings free Grenadier and Pioneer medkits at vet 0, 5% XP gain for all vehicles and allows building of Wehrmacht Officer (or Hauptmann) (4 man squad with Kar98s, can call in air recon run like UKF officer, can supervise building to increase production speed or supervise vehicle to improve repair times, has 45 sight)

looks like someone has been playing coh1 recently.
24 Jan 2020, 06:48 AM

can i ask why brits get a 0cp 280 mp squad with 82.5 dps???? while ost only get one with 51 dps????? what kind of retarded imbalance is this??? even cav rifles have less dps and still require 1 command points. WOW and ostheer receives a nerf of course. Like why do they get to have 0 cp 280mp units that are stronger than panzer grens.

New Fking ass tommies vs Pgrens:
EHP: 400 v 400
dps: 82.5 v 62
vet: +40% acc -29% ra v +40% acc -29% ra

What the fucking hell.

Yes this is strange addition. They can say is limited to 1. But imo 1 is more than enough. Pg also is not as good closing in than commando or shocks. This seems op. I bet the 5 man vet needs to drop.

Why cant we keep things simple and have a smg in weapon rack?

Overall ukf buffs clearly pushed wehr down to bottomest feeders. If they aren't already

Does the dot flame nerf also affect flame pios, fht and hetzer?
24 Jan 2020, 06:54 AM
Donator 22

I am surprised to see a patch incoming. And I am super happy about it.
A lot of good points touched (super heavys, IR Haftrack, Brits....)

I is a bit sad to ses UKF lose more character. They were the guys with funny healing and had to stay in cover. This is a small part of what made them unique.

But overall - awesome to see this coming. Thanks!
24 Jan 2020, 07:16 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Jan 2020, 06:48 AMmrgame2

Yes this is strange addition. They can say is limited to 1. But imo 1 is more than enough. Pg also is not as good closing in than commando or shocks. This seems op. I bet the 5 man vet needs to drop.

Why cant we keep things simple and have a smg in weapon rack?

Overall ukf buffs clearly pushed wehr down to bottomest feeders. If they aren't already

Does the dot flame nerf also affect flame pios, fht and hetzer?

I find it weird that they nerfed the niche units (Mortat HT's) only good ability that was only useful for 1 job (dealing with emplacements). Yes why not make the completely no skill play of placing emplacements more rewarding, whilst also making them better on the attack.

This whole balance preview just feels incompetent.
24 Jan 2020, 07:27 AM

I find it weird that they nerfed the niche units (Mortat HT's) only good ability that was only useful for 1 job (dealing with emplacements). Yes why not make the completely no skill play of placing emplacements more rewarding, whilst also making them better on the attack.

This whole balance preview just feels incompetent.

Yeah I love to rekt brits with flame barages both from Leigs or MHT ... Hope it will not inflict DMG too much 🤔
24 Jan 2020, 07:30 AM

can i ask why brits get a 0cp 280 mp squad with 82.5 dps???? while ost only get one with 51 dps?????

They don't start with Thompsons, so it's 67.2 dps at 0cp. This is higher than Assault Grenadiers, but they start with sprint.
Assault Sections are identical to Assault Engineers at spawn, and those don't really overperform.
24 Jan 2020, 07:53 AM

They don't start with Thompsons, so it's 67.2 dps at 0cp. This is higher than Assault Grenadiers, but they start with sprint.
Assault Sections are identical to Assault Engineers at spawn, and those don't really overperform.

No mate each sten is 16.5 dps, a thompson is 18.7 . they are not the same as ass engies. Get your facts right.
Sorry, I was wrong and misinformed.
24 Jan 2020, 07:56 AM

Would you consider giving AT sections an upgrade that replaces their AT rifles with PIATs late game?

That way they aren't such a burden late game
24 Jan 2020, 08:05 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

can i ask why brits get a 0cp 280 mp squad with 82.5 dps???? while ost only get one with 51 dps????? what kind of retarded imbalance is this??? even cav rifles have less dps and still require 1 command points. WOW and ostheer receives a nerf of course. Like why do they get to have 0 cp 280mp units that are stronger than panzer grens.

New Fking ass tommies vs Pgrens:
EHP: 400 v 400
dps: 82.5 v 62
vet: +40% acc -29% ra v +40% acc -29% ra

What the fucking hell.

If this is true it probably really needs some fixing.
One question though: at what distance do they have the posted DPS? I don't remember the curves, but StGs have usually way better mid and long range DPS than most other weapons. So comparing them at point blank can be misleading.
24 Jan 2020, 08:06 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

Would you consider giving AT sections an upgrade that replaces their AT rifles with PIATs late game?

That way they aren't such a burden late game

Can't you give them PIATs like to every other squad? So that they run around with a PIAT and the AT rifle?
24 Jan 2020, 08:07 AM

Something isn't right about assault sections. Why at vet 3 do they have better target size than commandoes (0.639 to 0.65)?

They also seem to be almost and sometimes on par with commandos firepower (this isn't counting the ambush bonus)I tested them against pgrens atlease 4 times with vet and without even without the thompson upgrade.

Also should not be able to equip a bren gun if they upgrade as well as have no separate cool down on the mills grenade and white phosphorous grenade.

I mean christ, this is a 280mp unit available at 0cp.

Edit just wanting to add: The kv2 had its vet 3 fixed, it lost all its bonuses when it was revamped besides the health bonus (even through its still isnt the same according to the veterancy guide).
24 Jan 2020, 08:11 AM

Can't you give them PIATs like to every other squad? So that they run around with a PIAT and the AT rifle?

Just checked the AE, AT sections have two slots and they get 2 at rifles, both of which take up one slot. So no, you can't get PIATS on them currently
24 Jan 2020, 08:17 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Jan 2020, 06:07 AMCresc
The freaking IL2+T34 ram bullshit! How could they miss it?
No buffs for grenadiers?

What difference does it make? It's not a change, soviets need every tech already for just about everything late game.

Yeah unbelievable how they missed addressing the IL2 AT strafe cancer
24 Jan 2020, 08:28 AM

Another suggestion: Could another path to major be added, were you need 1 officer + Grenades and Weapon racks? This way you could tech them and not slow down your tanks.

Just a thought, though this may be too good as you don't need to buy a LV that slows down your tanks, and you still get a AI power spike with BARs and can fend off LVs with bazookas
24 Jan 2020, 08:34 AM

Stuka zu fuss is pure cancer literally everyone (my few friends) agreed because u know its not a problem that 5 guys can represent whole comumnity so maybe the balance team can look into it?
24 Jan 2020, 08:34 AM

No mate each sten is 16.5 dps, a thompson is 18.7 . they are not the same as ass engies. Get your facts right.

From the original changelog:

Gives the squad 2 Thompson SMGs and arms the rest with Sten Guns and No.77 White Phosphorous Grenades, and removes their Out-of-Cover penalties; Sten Guns use Assault Engineer Grease Gun stats.

Their identical stats can be seen in the mod tools. In fact, the "tommy_9mm_sten_gun_mp" file is in the AEF folder, with the grease gun, because they forgot to change the folder when they copied it.
24 Jan 2020, 08:36 AM

you know he said specifically that that they dont get thompons right from the start. Also stens are statistically same as grease guns. Also unnecessary hostility.
24 Jan 2020, 08:49 AM

Before i comment on some of the suggested changes i want to once again thank the mod team for the commitment and work. Its not a naturalness that COH2 get further patches!

My thought s about the changes:

1. Brit changes: I fear a little bit that the faction will be too strong after section /Uc buffs but i may be wrong on that. We will know more after testing in the next weeks.
Giving Brits a dedicated stock cc unit is a really good move, I also like the changes to pyro a lot.

2. Heavy Tank changes: Increasing the cp requirements is a solid move. Its good to see that Heavies still remain very strong but come later.

3. IR 251 Half-track: I dont think this unit will be helpfull (See Sully's comment)

4. NO Ostheer changes:
Well, to be honest im pretty disappointed that not a single change made it to the list. I know that the Brit changes probably took a lot of time and its only the 1.0 version... but no changes at all, come on:(
After the changes to the british VANGUARD doctrine Ostheer is the ONLY faction that did not get any bigger commander specific changes:
OKW commanders like Breakthrough and Firestorm got better, SU's Defensive tactics got AT overwatch, USF got chnages in Rifle company etc. -
Ostheer got nothing although the faction have several underwhelming commanders for years.

We had a great thread about good, reasonable changes some months ago:
https://www.coh2.org/topic/101020/6-changes-to-improve-wehrmacht-commanders-thematically/page/6

I know of course that not all suggestions can make it to the patch notes but i dont see absolutly no reason why we cant at least change 1-2 commanders and test it in the coming weeks. Problematic commanders like Mobile Defense can be ignored (would probably take too much time) but both Festung Commanders could be changed without risking balance issues.

PLEASE GIVE IT AT LEAST A TRY!
PAGES (44)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight