Login

russian armor

P47 Rocket Strike uses incorrect penetration effect

5 Apr 2020, 16:06 PM

I've seen them miss every single rocket numerous times, even on tanks with a dead engine. I used this ability on stadschutt last week and every single rocket collided with the large structure right outside the north base

It's not worth 240 Muni. Especially in team games where if you miss your first salvo that's it because it will probably be getting shot down before the next one like most loiters in teams

WTF P47 loiter is good. It definitely is worth the muni. You can't blame the ability when the map is build a certain way. It's like shooting your Stuka rockets against a tree line and then making a thread on coh2.org demanding Stuka buffs. It makes no sense.
5 Apr 2020, 16:09 PM

WTF P47 loiter is good. It definitely is worth the muni. You can't blame the ability when the map is build a certain way. It's like shooting your Stuka rockets against a tree line and then making a thread on coh2.org demanding Stuka buffs. It makes no sense.

That was a recent example, it misses when tanks are wide out the open too. It can do good damage to heavies, but it regularly does 0 damage to mediums, and if both are in your circle you have no say over what the p47s choose to target
5 Apr 2020, 16:15 PM

Well so does Stuka CAS. It too can miss most salvos or hit trees. You need to get lucky to deal real damage. These abilities are area denial first and foremost, they are not reliable damage dealers.
5 Apr 2020, 16:16 PM

Well so does Stuka CAS. It too can miss most salvos or hit trees. You need to get lucky to deal real damage. These abilities are area denial first and foremost.

I get much more reliable performance from SCAS both against me and for me. Just seems harder to dodge and less likely to collide with structures

Its also 40 munitions cheaper, not that that's a huge difference
5 Apr 2020, 16:40 PM

I get much more reliable performance from SCAS both against me and for me. Just seems harder to dodge and less likely to collide with structures

They don't seem to process the same. The P47 seems like it lines up a path to hit with rockets and regularly misses if the targets move, while the SCAS hits anything in the circle. When I play USF, it doesn't seem too bad but as Soviet, it's sometimes difficult to get SU85's out of the circle, particularly if they were using focused sight. The P47 also seems like it collides with terrain a lot more than SCAS, but I haven't used SCAS in awhile due to liking other doctrines better.
5 Apr 2020, 16:42 PM

Yes, but you're supposed to build it first for full effect.

Yeah, did some testing and the AA HT can shoot them down quite quickly and at long ranges. Usually get a salvo off.

Unfortunately, they barely do anything vs the IL-2 so looks like I'll have to start mining approaches to my Jagdtiger. In the late game.
5 Apr 2020, 16:50 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post5 Apr 2020, 16:40 PMGrumpy

The P47 also seems like it collides with terrain a lot more than SCAS, but I haven't used SCAS in awhile due to liking other doctrines better.

If I was better at navigating the mod tools I would like to find what angle the weapons are fired at. P47s just seem to be fired at a tighter angle to the ground, which would cause the collision

I could be wrong, it could just be more noticeable because there's fewer projectiles and they are easier to see

BTW in the IL2 ptab thread I had said I could be wrong about them not being bugged. My point was that regardless it is possible for them to still do really good damage, as my test showed. And at least with that ability you have full control of it. AT loiters might go after a halftrack if you get unlucky
5 Apr 2020, 17:20 PM
Modmaker Badge

I also think that Stuka CAS has greater tactical impact, primarily because it forces antitank guns and MGs to either relocate or risk being decrewed. Regular off-map arty also forces them to move, but CAS has bigger area of effect.
My mistake, I was thinking about Stuka Stafing Run.

Anti-Tank Overwatch fits same role as P-47 Loiter, but it's cheaper and not affected by the map layout. The planes have the added advantage of chasing after locked-on targets outside the loiter area, but also a disadvantage of being vulnerable to AA. Loiter has just barely longer duration time, but much faster cooldown (65 seconds compared to 95 seconds of AT Overwatch).

Questions is how they compare in dealing damage when things are set up for them to shine (i.e. a vehicle has damaged engine). From my experience, the Anti-Tank Overwatch is more effective at what it does, but I wonder how other players think.
5 Apr 2020, 19:19 PM

anti tank overwatch is great but it basically requires a very slow traget and constant sight and takes quite some time for it to deal significant dmg, with p47 you are basically guaranteed to get the first salvo off,. So basically if you can manage constant sight and can snare a tank for example AT overwatch has higher dmg potential, but if your just looking for that extra 1 or 2 shots dmg in to support your dive, then p47 is your choice.

Basically its much harder to keep the Engagement going for so long so AT overwatch pays off, unless the target is snared ofc
5 Apr 2020, 20:45 PM

Not surprising.

I've yet to see a P-47 strike kill anything, or even come close to making its cost back.

By far the most overrated ability in the game.
5 Apr 2020, 21:27 PM

There's nothing to fix, really. Even though it's weird that there's a target table and that it refers to emplacements, the 65 damage is intended:

https://community.companyofheroes.com/discussion/67/coh-2-changelog/p5

Can you remove the extra damage to emplacements, at least?
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 25
unknown 11
New Zealand 24

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak