Login

russian armor

The ressource mathematics of Allied factions

15 Oct 2019, 15:51 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Oct 2019, 15:34 PMGrumpy

The problem snowballs in 2v2's, especially if your teammate decides that they are going to use your healing. It can be really annoying to see your teammate camped in your base waiting for his squads to heal while losing the map. I run into the same problem playing OKW so this isn't unique to Soviets.

But at least okw doesnt have to pay 250 mp for the heal, i would happily pay as soviet 125mp and 15 fuel instead, plust okw/ost have smaller sqad sizes and other (not as effective) sources of heal
15 Oct 2019, 16:00 PM

But at least okw doesnt have to pay 250 mp for the heal, i would happily pay as soviet 125mp and 15 fuel instead, plust okw/ost have smaller sqad sizes and other (not as effective) sources of heal

And also have 3 use aoe crates to help out early game and self heal for late game.
15 Oct 2019, 17:16 PM

But why though? I'm still using Penals + scout car openings. It's especially effective against Ost players who go ass grens or skip T1 for quick pgrens and OKW players in general.

You its very expensive, you have poor map control and if they send sturms or early squads to your cutoff you have little recourse.

If your m3 does great you can get even or gain an advantage. If your m3 isn't effective your totally screwed.

Later on cons are better than penals
15 Oct 2019, 17:59 PM

... 3 seconds later " why i can't rush t 70? give su 15 extra fuel for free please!!1!!11" :snfPeter::snfPeter:
15 Oct 2019, 19:54 PM

Soviets need AoE healing. It’s a huge issue, especially with the larger squad sizes.

They kind of have it, given its doctrinal and you need an outpost that costs fuel and then you need to pay muni each time you'd want to use it, but its there.
15 Oct 2019, 20:20 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Oct 2019, 19:54 PMKatitof

They kind of have it, given its doctrinal and you need an outpost that costs fuel and then you need to pay muni each time you'd want to use it, but its there.

I just wish they gave the M5 passenger healing like the 251 got.
15 Oct 2019, 20:46 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Oct 2019, 19:54 PMKatitof

or u have the commissar
15 Oct 2019, 20:52 PM

or u have the commissar

He left such a massive impression on me that I completely forgot he existed at all.....
15 Oct 2019, 21:02 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Oct 2019, 20:52 PMKatitof

He left such a massive impression on me that I completely forgot he existed at all.....
very strange considering he has fear propaganda healing buffs and an elite body guard with very low RA all for 260 mp
15 Oct 2019, 21:10 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Oct 2019, 20:52 PMKatitof

Rank 2 soviet player uses him :hansWUT:

Mostly for stand your ground on flamer engineers it seems

But would New healing really have a big impact on the resource mathematics of allied factions?
I think they would be supplmentary, it would be very tough to skip medics unless these abilities came earlier than 2-3 cps.

Especially when as we see, the manpower costs for soviets are quite steep as the game progresses through tech. Usually I am more concerned about manpower than fuel for producing a light vehicle or tank on time as you are spending ~240 manpower on each building and then buying the unit itself. from t2 to t34 its like 790 manpower.
15 Oct 2019, 21:19 PM

i would just add another medic or 2 to the base
16 Oct 2019, 00:25 AM

i would just add another medic or 2 to the base

id tie it to the later tiers (+1 with t3 and another at 4?) to not upset early game balance.
16 Oct 2019, 04:18 AM

But the upgrade isn't mobile (Infantry Sections, Ambulance) nor does it have an easy aura (Ambulance), but it also can't get killed easily (Ambulance again) nor is it clumsy to use (Infantry Sections). Meanwhile Ostheer has to pay vital munitions and manpower that they really need for upgrades, abilities and units in their early-mid game.

Point being, all forms of healing in the game have their own upsides and downsides, and therefore it isn't really fair to compare them to each other. I think they should only be judged within their own faction's economy and ecosystem, and I think Soviet healing (mechanic and cost) within their own faction is fine (not great, not terrible).

Ostheer can
spend munitions for heals...
A small amount of munitions and manpower for medics...
or manpower and fuel for a healing halftrack...

Sov meanwhile pays a massive lump of manpower to get medics and get no other healing outside of doctrines...

Sov has the least amount of non doctrinal healing options and has the least flexible healing method ingame...
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS