Login

russian armor

Main gun crits should be removed?

14 Oct 2019, 15:09 PM

Yes i think both is fine. Abandon Katysuhas, ok.
I had planes crash into base and killed my healing units after been shot down by my own AA. I just sighed but get on with it. It doesnt happen often but i just enjoy it.

I dont quite get the engineer flame thing? Unit upgraded and got killed? Seems possible and whats the issue?

You just got to have better luck/rng + skills. Instead of just skills.
Coh is about the many possibilities, restricting to just 1 or 0 or 1 or 0 dead boring outcome in the name of 'competitive' gaming? yucks. Rng happens in pro sports too.
14 Oct 2019, 15:25 PM

Please, let's not spread BS.

I didnt mean to misinform, I tried to answer the question. I am full aware I dont know all the mechanics of the game though, that's why I started with "if I recall correctly" which in this case, I was wrong
14 Oct 2019, 15:27 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Oct 2019, 02:29 AMFarlon
I got 4 gun crits on 4 different tanks in the same push once. I wish those 4 tanks could vote yes with me here.

:p:rolleyes::nahnah:
14 Oct 2019, 15:53 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Oct 2019, 15:09 PMmrgame2
Yes i think both is fine. Abandon Katysuhas, ok.
I had planes crash into base and killed my healing units after been shot down by my own AA. I just sighed but get on with it. It doesnt happen often but i just enjoy it.

I dont quite get the engineer flame thing? Unit upgraded and got killed? Seems possible and whats the issue?

You just got to have better luck/rng + skills. Instead of just skills.
Coh is about the many possibilities, restricting to just 1 or 0 or 1 or 0 dead boring outcome in the name of 'competitive' gaming? yucks. Rng happens in pro sports too.

Flamers used to explode randomly. That was the first 60 muni on a game, exploding right after a bullet hit the model with the flamer. Nowadays, the flamer only explodes when the squad gets wiped.

It's perfect that you bring plane crashing as an example.

Someone decided to bring AA to kill the plane. You decided to have units bunch up together to heal. Even in the worst situation of RNG, the plane AoE damage has been reduced to only kill whatever is in the pinpoint location of the crash.

You can have elements of RNG in the game. It's about reducing the stupid extreme cases or make it been less frustrating.
14 Oct 2019, 16:47 PM

Oh yeah i remember exploding flammers. The original intent was to make flamethrower extremely deadly but also explosive to your ownself.

I think it was fun. I think it can have explosion if the model holding it was killed but with lower rng than original, also make flammers more powerful again.
14 Oct 2019, 20:09 PM

You absolutely get crits on weapon teams. If you are lucky you get the "immobilize" crit on the maxim and are able to wipe it

What you did there.... I see it. :snfPeter:
15 Oct 2019, 12:22 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Oct 2019, 13:32 PMKatitof

That makes no sense... you're not shooting at weapon, but the crew.

Actually does make sense since snipers did use piercing rounds to cripple the barrels. If i'm not mistaken it's even described in one of the intel bulletins.

15 Oct 2019, 12:25 PM

Actually does make sense since snipers did use piercing rounds to cripple the barrels. If i'm not mistaken it's even described in one of the intel bulletins.

We even kind of had that for a bit when dank hunters were introduced, their PTRS aimed for weapons, haven't seen a feature go from the game so fast ever since.
15 Oct 2019, 13:32 PM

I voted no, enough aspects of COH2 have already been removed, infatry AI, most vehicle crits, cold tech, etc. Granted, Many of them had troubles but removimg them rather than fixing them sets a precedent for the future where, if COH3 were to happen, this mechanics would be removed from the get go rather than being fix/improved.

On that note, elchino's suggestion makes the most sense in the state that COH2 is, if the percentage was an uneven number vehicles would only get CRIT if they have uneven amounts of health making it a choice and increasing the utility of infantry held AT, but this AT would requiere adjusments because of its high rof.

Besides that it could open the gate to experiment with other kinds of crits besides main gun crit, crew stuns and light engine damage come to mind. If the chance of a crit remain the same, but the amount of crits increases we would see a higher variety of situations, from a loader stun that reduces rof, to a blind or a timed engine damage.
15 Oct 2019, 14:14 PM

I voted no, enough aspects of COH2 have already been removed, infatry AI, most vehicle crits, cold tech, etc. Granted, Many of them had troubles but removimg them rather than fixing them sets a precedent for the future where, if COH3 were to happen, this mechanics would be removed from the get go rather than being fix/improved.

On that note, elchino's suggestion makes the most sense in the state that COH2 is, if the percentage was an uneven number vehicles would only get CRIT if they have uneven amounts of health making it a choice and increasing the utility of infantry held AT, but this AT would requiere adjusments because of its high rof.

Besides that it could open the gate to experiment with other kinds of crits besides main gun crit, crew stuns and light engine damage come to mind. If the chance of a crit remain the same, but the amount of crits increases we would see a higher variety of situations, from a loader stun that reduces rof, to a blind or a timed engine damage.

+1, more diversity would be great.
15 Oct 2019, 16:07 PM
Director of Moderation Badge

So honest question regarding criticals. For the people who say "no", would you be ok with your tanks receiving random immobilize criticals in snow/ice/mud? What happens why you lose your armor piece to a random critical like that? Is that fair and balanced?
15 Oct 2019, 17:00 PM

Yes it is fair and balance because rng is rng.
There was the map with ice and you can lose it if you stayed too long.
I also rather blizzard make some kind of comeback.
Then there is rain in coh1 but not in coh2.
More rng variables the better.

The top players have like what 75-90% win rates, i say rng critical is not 'critical'.

skills + luck > skill. always. in real life too.
15 Oct 2019, 17:00 PM

So honest question regarding criticals. For the people who say "no", would you be ok with your tanks receiving random immobilize criticals in snow/ice/mud? What happens why you lose your armor piece to a random critical like that? Is that fair and balanced?

As long as it happens to all factions about equaly i am ok with it. It can turn an engegament around, or save a vehicle wich would get destroyed otherwise. It can let you get back in the game while in certan other games you can never get back unless the opponent goes afk.
15 Oct 2019, 18:29 PM

Immobilization it's a bit different than can't shoot though. An immobilized tank is pretty well a dead tank while a busted gun can still flee.

Side note while discussing crits, there are crew injury crits we don't see often, perhaps that could be an interesting compromise. Gunner injured vs gun destroyed. There is also turret lock and what not. Could reserve lasting critical to certain actions.

Or only injury crits unless health is below a threshold then it damages the component.
15 Oct 2019, 18:54 PM

Well I can't say I agree, but at least you're all consistant. I like to be in control of things though and let skill do the talking instead of letting things go down to luck.

Likes control -> is a mod. SeemsGood
15 Oct 2019, 19:37 PM

There is a MASSIVE difference between very tiny chance for something to happen exclusively in combat and a completely random event out of nowhere. Exaggerating and making insane examples isn't going to help.
15 Oct 2019, 20:41 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Well I can't say I agree, but at least you're all consistant. I like to be in control of things though and let skill do the talking instead of letting things go down to luck.

Likes control -> is a mod. SeemsGood

Check the video i posted (not the 50min one on MTG which goes further deep). It perfectly explains the situation right here.

Some people prefer CoH leaning towards strategy. Others towards a party/bingo game.
Chaos vs order. Skill vs luck.

Both concepts can coexist, it's just a matter of finding a middle ground. For example: RNG bombs offmap. You can make the first shot go dead center and the rest scatter through half the map. You get a certain outcome and then uncertainty and you bet if it's worthy to stay in the area or not.
15 Oct 2019, 23:01 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Oct 2019, 19:37 PMKatitof

There is a MASSIVE difference between very tiny chance for something to happen exclusively in combat and a completely random event out of nowhere. Exaggerating and making insane examples isn't going to help.

The difference is you lose your tank vs being able to retreat and probably lose your tank. I could change the question if you like. Random critical where your vehicle becomes immobile at low HP because a shell collided with the engine. The end result is the same, you get fucked by RNG and now you lose your armor piece because of it. It still isn't fair and balanced in my eyes.
16 Oct 2019, 00:28 AM

The difference is you lose your tank vs being able to retreat and probably lose your tank. I could change the question if you like. Random critical where your vehicle becomes immobile at low HP because a shell collided with the engine. The end result is the same, you get fucked by RNG and now you lose your armor piece because of it. It still isn't fair and balanced in my eyes.

still no comprende. remember when stun nades stopped units from retreating and now it only stops them from fighting? same thing. if they are going to die because of a broken gun fleeing they were going to die without it too more than likely at which point its no more impactful RNG than say armour pen itself or anything with scatter.
16 Oct 2019, 02:45 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

still no comprende. remember when stun nades stopped units from retreating and now it only stops them from fighting? same thing. if they are going to die because of a broken gun fleeing they were going to die without it too more than likely at which point its no more impactful RNG than say armour pen itself or anything with scatter.

Not really. You chase with a PIV at half health a T3476 with 1/4 of health. T76 fires and gets main gun destroy, PIV can't chase no longer and possible dies.

The problem is that suddenly tanks no longer have 640 HP rather than 480HP.

I wouldn't mind soft critical such as turret jam/lock, driver/gunner damage, etc. Main gun destroy is too binary on it's effect.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★