Login

russian armor

Infiltration Commandos Manpower Change

What should Infiltration Commandos spawn with.
Option Distribution Votes
26%
44%
30%
Total votes: 27
Vote VOTE! Vote ABSTAIN
24 Sep 2019, 18:16 PM

Why are they so expensive to call in if you have to reinforce them to full squad every time?

Even calling them from off map spawns with 3 models.

I understand the reasons back when this change was made but I think seeing how Airborne guards spawn with 6 man and Falls getting their own manpower reductions... It just doesn't seem right for them to cost an arm and a leg to use.

24 Sep 2019, 18:33 PM

Why are they so expensive to call in if you have to reinforce them to full squad every time?

I understand the reasons back when this change was made but I think seeing how Airborne guards spawn with 6 man and Falls getting their own manpower reductions... It just doesn't seem right for them to cost an arm and a leg to use.

Infl. Commandos, stormtroopers and ABG are infiltration units and infiltration units come at a premium (accept the partisans), because of the instant spawn from ambient buildings.

Fallj are airdropped unis and one should not compare them since the deploy mechanism is different.
(actually I would suggested that they are redesign to become infiltration units again, airdropped one could used by ostheer Luft commander).

Having that said Infl. Commandos could see a price reductions.

As for all infiltration units I would suggested that they all become build able from HQ without the premium (and partisan should also get premium in that case).
24 Sep 2019, 20:06 PM

I think their problem is cost, not the models they start with.
24 Sep 2019, 20:11 PM

I agree the callin cost could be reduced to reflect 350-400 manpower total cost after reinforce.

It is also a good suggestion that Regular commandos can be built with t1 upgrade and 3 cps or the T2 upgrade for 350 Manpower out of HQ. It would Help make getting late commandos more economical without a glider.
24 Sep 2019, 22:12 PM

It might not be possible to change the model count depending on where you spawn. It doesn't make sense for them to spawn with 3 if they are coming from base, but there might not be anything you can do about it
24 Sep 2019, 23:29 PM

Make it cheaper,about 300 manpower
25 Sep 2019, 03:02 AM

Rather than spawning with a partial squad, I'd prefer they be like Stormtroopers or Airborne Guards and spawn with Lee Enfields, with a free upgrade to STEN.
25 Sep 2019, 04:06 AM

Rather than spawning with a partial squad, I'd prefer they be like Stormtroopers or Airborne Guards and spawn with Lee Enfields, with a free upgrade to STEN.

Spawn with 4 man and rifle, then upgrade to sten or bren gun, or PIAT, maybe. Make them different from glider commandoes
25 Sep 2019, 07:27 AM

Spawn with 4 man and rifle, then upgrade to sten or bren gun, or PIAT, maybe. Make them different from glider commandoes

Read the thread?
They have no rifle animation.
That's why they have less men instead of rifles(also, british commandos never used rifles).
25 Sep 2019, 07:28 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Sep 2019, 07:27 AMKatitof
Read the thread?
That's why they have less men instead of rifles.

Aren't those pretty easy to add? I haven't tried it but I've played plenty of mods that had, for example, Pioneers and Sappers using rifles.
25 Sep 2019, 08:06 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

The vote options are misleading.
I think spawning them in with 3 models is not a problem, just the total MP cost (including reinforcements) should stay below 400. I think something like 370 would be fair, which would make the 3 man squad approx 300 MP to spawn in.
The three man squad is an interesting alternative, because it provides higher risk/reward than for example stormtroopers while not being broken at the moment
25 Sep 2019, 08:27 AM

The dev team confirmed to address this problem already as I posted this a month ago. It was too late to integrate it in the september patch, but will be in the next one. I'm not entirely sure if they plan to change something about model count or the initial weaponry (another user suggested to bring them to 5 five men, equip them with weaker starting weaponry and give them a free sten upgrade) or just want to adjust their cost.

Edit: Seems not possible to give them other weaponry, so a cost reduction will be the most probable version.
25 Sep 2019, 08:28 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Sep 2019, 07:27 AMKatitof

Read the thread?
That's why they have less men instead of rifles(also, british commandos never used rifles).

That is simply inaccurate:
"As a raiding force, the Commandos were not issued the heavy weapons of a normal infantry battalion. The weapons used were the standard British Army small arms of the time; most riflemen carried the Lee–Enfield rifle and section fire support was provided by the Bren light machine gun. The Thompson was the submachine gun of choice, but later in the war the Commandos also used the cheaper and lighter Sten gun. Commando sections were equipped with a higher number of Bren and Thompson guns than a normal British infantry section."

Are you also sure there no animation for the De Lisle carbine for commandos?
25 Sep 2019, 15:24 PM

But stormtroopers don’t spawn with their SMGs? If you make them upgrade their SMGs I’m fine with it.
25 Sep 2019, 15:27 PM

The dev team confirmed to address this problem already as I posted this a month ago. It was too late to integrate it in the september patch, but will be in the next one. I'm not entirely sure if they plan to change something about model count or the initial weaponry (another user suggested to bring them to 5 five men, equip them with weaker starting weaponry and give them a free sten upgrade) or just want to adjust their cost.

Indeed, thanks for bringing it to our attention back then.

Adjusting their weapons (to Lee Enfields as the only alternative) to let them spawn at 5 models creates problems with the elite Brens, as that would increase their far range DPS which is already really good with Brens. And adjusting elite Brens to compensate would in turn mess with the DPS of the other Commandos squads.

So, Infiltration Commandos are now planned to simply get a cost reduction from 380 manpower (+70mp to reinforce) to ~300ish manpower (+70mp to reinforce) so that the total cost of a squad becomes ~370mp, which should match their performance a lot better. Should be included in the next follow-up balance patch.
25 Sep 2019, 15:57 PM

This is the most biased poll I’ve ever seen.

People will pick option 2 because you’ve supported that arguement, while the other 2 don’t have any reasons for them. :facepalm:
26 Sep 2019, 17:02 PM

This is the most biased poll I’ve ever seen.

People will pick option 2 because you’ve supported that arguement, while the other 2 don’t have any reasons for them. :facepalm:

I can be even more bias and only have one option :P

Jokes aside I didn't set out for this to be a unbias poll. I just wanted to see people's opinions on what they thought about commandos and I've seen a bunch of good news :)
27 Sep 2019, 03:17 AM

Adjusting their weapons (to Lee Enfields as the only alternative) to let them spawn at 5 models creates problems with the elite Brens, as that would increase their far range DPS which is already really good with Brens. And adjusting elite Brens to compensate would in turn mess with the DPS of the other Commandos squads.

So, Infiltration Commandos are now planned to simply get a cost reduction from 380 manpower (+70mp to reinforce) to ~300ish manpower (+70mp to reinforce) so that the total cost of a squad becomes ~370mp, which should match their performance a lot better. Should be included in the next follow-up balance patch.

If this could be done, would spawning them with pistols and letting them upgrade to stens be a good solution? Then they have lower initial DPS, but it doesn’t boost the long DPS with brens
27 Sep 2019, 03:53 AM

Can we make this out with 4 models squad ?
Then they will be two completely different
Units.
27 Sep 2019, 12:18 PM

Sounds good and balanced, thx for listening :)
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★