Login

russian armor

Rifles overperforming?

PAGES (13)down
29 Sep 2019, 22:03 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Sep 2019, 19:34 PMKatitof

Considering the fact they don't have any... i'd say no.

Are guards or shocks minute 1 mainline generalist inf?
hey kat when was the last time u used special eapons commander for brits ? u know the one with ptrs tommy
29 Sep 2019, 22:23 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Sep 2019, 16:59 PMCODGUY
They aren't just 280 MP vs 260 and 240. They cost 28 MP to reinforce, cost 150MP/15 fuel to unlock grenades and another 150MP/15 fuel to unlock BARs plus 120 munitions to equip them. This all factors in when I say they are expensive.

Can you please just S-T-O-P? You keep saying garbage like (unit x costs y and should beat unit z) over and over and over and overn and over again. Just cut it out. There’s no global mp economy and nobody uses unit costs for comparison. Every faction is built in a specific way with specific timings, strengths, weaknesses and traits in mind and in the concept of timings the costs have been assigned to keep each faction consistent and balanced.

Ostheer having a 240mp mainline and USF having a 280mp mainline means literally NOTHING. They belong in different factions.
29 Sep 2019, 22:25 PM

hey kat when was the last time u used special eapons commander for brits ? u know the one with ptrs tommy

About 2 years ago, you know, when it was still relevant.
Might be a shocker to you, but they can't be bolstered anymore and therefore as useless for anyone with at least 2 working brain cells in current balance, now that sappers have snare.

29 Sep 2019, 22:31 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Sep 2019, 22:25 PMKatitof

Might be a shocker to you, but they can't be bolstered anymore and therefore as useless for anyone with at least 2 working brain cells in current balance, now that sappers have snare.

u sure cause patch notes say nothing about it

and so do volks get faust

ur point was they get early at nade
29 Sep 2019, 22:41 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Sep 2019, 22:25 PMKatitof

That is incorrect.
Tank hunter infatry section benefit from bolster just fine. In addition their DPS vs AI is allot better than Sappers, they have access to normal grenade (and gammon bomb) and vehicle detection.
29 Sep 2019, 23:01 PM

To need its not the same as to be able to, therefore if PF CANT GET sidetech upgrades, because of FACTION DESIGN, its not fair to claim their are fairly priced if they loose vs cons.
Cons on the other side DO NOT NEED at upgrades to fight PF.

Other squads than Rifles and Tommies dont get anything for free neither, you are simply bias thinking there.

Cons can be shitty because penals, because call-in infantry or simply because faction timings, the "utility" aspect of cons has been long ago debunked and discussed. Do not spread missinformation please.

Fussies are just less independent than cons. End of discussion.

But in a note that actually pertains to balance, fussies are more expensive and worse at combat entirely to justify bringing back Shrek spam to okw. Not even kidding.
The rationale is that if you have a weaker early game it's ok to have durable double Shrek infantry en masses.
29 Sep 2019, 23:25 PM

Can you please just S-T-O-P? You keep saying garbage like (unit x costs y and should beat unit z) over and over and over and overn and over again. Just cut it out. There’s no global mp economy and nobody uses unit costs for comparison. Every faction is built in a specific way with specific timings, strengths, weaknesses and traits in mind and in the concept of timings the costs have been assigned to keep each faction consistent and balanced.

Ostheer having a 240mp mainline and USF having a 280mp mainline means literally NOTHING. They belong in different factions.

So USF should have to pay more for units that are inferior to or barely on par with Axis counter parts? I mean the cost of units is supposed to matter isn't it? This is the kind of crap that gave us JLI last patch and Fallschrimjagers this patch.
29 Sep 2019, 23:56 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Sep 2019, 23:25 PMCODGUY

So USF should have to pay more for units that are inferior to or barely on par with Axis counter parts? I mean the cost of units is supposed to matter isn't it? This is the kind of crap that gave us JLI last patch and Fallschrimjagers this patch.

Maybe if you stopped screeching every time someone explained something to you then you might learn how to get out of 4 digit ranks.

For the last time, 280mp for usf is not the same as 280mp for Ostheer. It’s not “paying more”.
30 Sep 2019, 00:06 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Sep 2019, 23:25 PMCODGUY

but rifle beat gren at close and mid and equal chances at long range

where do they beat rifle ?
30 Sep 2019, 01:28 AM

Maybe if you stopped screeching every time someone explained something to you then you might learn how to get out of 4 digit ranks.

For the last time, 280mp for usf is not the same as 280mp for Ostheer. It’s not “paying more”.

Is there some unit USF has that costs considerably less than OST or OKW's counterpart? I can't think of a single one besides maybe RE vs Strums. I can think of many Axis though that outpreform what USF has. Is it some inalienable right for the Axis factions to get both inexpensive and quality units?
30 Sep 2019, 05:15 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Sep 2019, 01:28 AMCODGUY

Is there some unit USF has that costs considerably less than OST or OKW's counterpart? I can't think of a single one besides maybe RE vs Strums. I can think of many Axis though that outpreform what USF has. Is it some inalienable right for the Axis factions to get both inexpensive and quality units?

Best HMG? 50 cal. Lightning fast setup and tear down, high damage, good suppression, vet 0 AP rounds which massacre Ost LVs and Pumas/halftracks. Flak halftrack literally dies on the 2nd burst.
Best TD? Jackson.
Best mainline inf in current patch, early game? USF Riflemen.
Best mainline inf in current patch, late game? USF Riflemen.
Best infantry support gun? Pack howitzer.
Best mobile infantry support gun? Scotts.
Best scout car? m20.
Best all-rounder Light Vehicle? Stuart
Best anti-infantry tank? HE Sherman, with 4.0 AOE whilst P4 has 2.5 AOE, and incredible performance on the move, compared to Ostwind which is deadly when stationary but has terrible moving accuracy.

Hey, it seems like cherry-picking very specific factors in which one faction is better than others is not only super easy, but really fun. Not only do units have different costs and different roles, they also come at different timings and have different tech requirements.

The thing about CODGUY is that when Double-bar Rifles run up to vet 5 stg Volks in green cover and massacre them, "it's fair because I paid 120 munitions and a small one-time tech cost".
When Pack Howitzer deletes a gren squad with a single shell, "it's an expensive and easy to kill unit so it's fair that it's super potent".

When your 380 manpower 140 fuel P4 defeats his 340 manpower 110 fuel Sherman which was on HE mode and didn't use smoke, "it's overpowered".
When your Panzerwerfer manages to kill a team weapon that didn't bother to pack up and retreat, "Axis rocket artillery so OP".

He's also the type who thinks P4s are the counter to Jacksons - because if both units spawn within 20 range of each other in cheat mode, the P4 wins.
30 Sep 2019, 05:16 AM

but rifle beat gren at close and mid and equal chances at long range

where do they beat rifle ?

In CODGUY's games. Probably while he's taking negative cover engagements against grens in green cover at max range.
30 Sep 2019, 07:08 AM

I don't really understand those Gren vs RM or Volks vs RM comparisons in a vacuum.
Gren are supposed to be supported by a HMG at least (could be a sniper as well) and Volks by Sturm (and even Kubel) in the early game while Rifle are on their own unit T1/T2 unlock and potential HMG support since RE isn't going to be a game changer that early.

So evidently RM must be superior to Gren and volks since they also face their T0 hard counter in the form of HMG, Sniper and Sturm.
30 Sep 2019, 09:41 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Sep 2019, 07:08 AMEsxile
I don't really understand those Gren vs RM or Volks vs RM comparisons in a vacuum.
Gren are supposed to be supported by a HMG at least (could be a sniper as well) and Volks by Sturm (and even Kubel) in the early game while Rifle are on their own unit T1/T2 unlock and potential HMG support since RE isn't going to be a game changer that early.

So evidently RM must be superior to Gren and volks since they also face their T0 hard counter in the form of HMG, Sniper and Sturm.

Sturms hard-counter Riflemen? Not sure what game you are playing but it's definitely not COH2.
30 Sep 2019, 12:10 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Sep 2019, 07:08 AMEsxile

if that was true vs grens + mg42, then usf wouldn't have a mortar in t0.

And 3 riflemen can easily on ther own beat volks, sturms and kubel lol. I can understand HMG and sniper to counter riflemen but kubel and sturms? lol no
30 Sep 2019, 12:16 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Sep 2019, 12:10 PMAlphrum

if that was true vs grens + mg42, then usf wouldn't have a mortar in t0.

And 3 riflemen can easily on ther own beat volks, sturms and kubel lol. I can understand HMG and sniper to counter riflemen but kubel and sturms? lol no

If USF goes for mortar, congrats, you're now facing 1 less rifle, therefore have even easier time.
30 Sep 2019, 12:41 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Sep 2019, 01:28 AMCODGUY

High manpower costs on units is a USF thing rather than an Allies thing. Soviet and British units are usually pretty average in terms of price.

USF's manpower costs are high for two reasons. The first is their teching: the net manpower cost of the Lieutenant tier is -100.

The second is cranking up manpower costs was Relic's preferred solution to balancing USF on release, when Rifles were insanely good and the M20 rush won games by itself. That's why the M20 was a ~350 MP unit for so long. That's why the Tac Support M5 cost 350 MP until two patches back.

Patch by patch these costs come down as USF is normalised.
30 Sep 2019, 13:15 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Sep 2019, 12:41 PMLago

High manpower costs on units is a USF thing rather than an Allies thing. Soviet and British units are usually pretty average in terms of price.

USF's manpower costs are high for two reasons. The first is their teching: the net manpower cost of the Lieutenant tier is -100.

The second is cranking up manpower costs was Relic's preferred solution to balancing USF on release, when Rifles were insanely good and the M20 rush won games by itself. That's why the M20 was a ~350 MP unit for so long. That's why the Tac Support M5 cost 350 MP until two patches back.

Patch by patch these costs come down as USF is normalised.

Which is the long way of telling him what I said a page back about the mp costs being in a different context for each faction due to playstyle, effective ranges, teching etc.

He doesn’t listen though, so he’s gonna come back and say “but why should I pay 280mp and ost gets grens for 240mp? It doesn’t make sense!”
30 Sep 2019, 14:28 PM

Which is the long way of telling him what I said a page back about the mp costs being in a different context for each faction due to playstyle, effective ranges, teching etc.

He doesn’t listen though, so he’s gonna come back and say “but why should I pay 280mp and ost gets grens for 240mp? It doesn’t make sense!”

Maybe, but Vipper's right: there's no progress to be made by hurling insults and accusations of fanboyism.

So I'll give the benefit of the doubt and try to treat people like adults.
30 Sep 2019, 14:55 PM

Okay USF does get free officers with teching and doesn't require building construction and the associated costs, fair point.
PAGES (13)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS