Login

russian armor

Rifles overperforming?

PAGES (13)down
29 Sep 2019, 06:46 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Sep 2019, 20:24 PMLago

Cap. Crew vehicles. Stick some bazookas on them for an extra AT squad. Crew a team weapon to ditch the squad entirely if you don't actually want it.

You could also use the Captain specifically to supervise production without tying up a hefty chunk of pop sitting in your base doing nothing.

Or spend 83 MP on making them 5 man. I see no reason you couldn't offer that upgrade to the Major too.

So being a burden more than anything else in definitive.
29 Sep 2019, 11:35 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Sep 2019, 06:46 AMEsxile
So being a burden more than anything else in definitive.

If you don't personally see the use for the 3 man officers, upgrade them to 5 man.

You've got that choice.
29 Sep 2019, 12:17 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Sep 2019, 02:39 AMCODGUY
You guys complaining about Riflemen know they're way, WAY more expensive than Volks or Grens right?

Imagine ur standing with a gren squad in green cover upgraded with lmg and a rifle squad is coming from far far far away and just running to you and wins the 1v1. Is this balanced ? Lmao
29 Sep 2019, 12:34 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Sep 2019, 02:39 AMCODGUY
You guys complaining about Riflemen know they're way, WAY more expensive than Volks or Grens right?

Riflemen are roughly 8% more expensive than Volksgrenadiers.

Your hyperbole is doing no favours to your credibility.
29 Sep 2019, 12:39 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Sep 2019, 12:34 PMLago

Volks were 10mp more then cons for ages and they have roflstomped them without contest.
20mp difference for mainline is pretty significant.
29 Sep 2019, 12:42 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Sep 2019, 11:35 AMLago

If you don't personally see the use for the 3 man officers, upgrade them to 5 man.

You've got that choice.

Your Idea doesn't make sense, just admit it and move on.
29 Sep 2019, 12:52 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Sep 2019, 12:42 PMEsxile
Your Idea doesn't make sense, just admit it and move on.

Your objection doesn't make sense, just admit it and move on.

See? I can complain without any substance to what I'm saying too.

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Sep 2019, 12:39 PMKatitof
Volks were 10mp more then cons for ages and they have roflstomped them without contest.

I'd argue that's got more to do with poor balance between Volks and Cons than anything else.
29 Sep 2019, 13:22 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Sep 2019, 12:52 PMLago

I'd argue that's got more to do with poor balance between Volks and Cons than anything else.

I would have to add that VGs only dominated conscripts with the ST44 upgrade and one would also have to add the MU cost when comparing their cost...
(I have repeatedly state that imo ST44 should be looked at)
29 Sep 2019, 13:23 PM

yh but the faction as a whole is op atm something needs to be done
29 Sep 2019, 16:59 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Sep 2019, 12:34 PMLago

They aren't just 280 MP vs 260 and 240. They cost 28 MP to reinforce, cost 150MP/15 fuel to unlock grenades and another 150MP/15 fuel to unlock BARs plus 120 munitions to equip them. This all factors in when I say they are expensive.

Imagine ur standing with a gren squad in green cover upgraded with lmg and a rifle squad is coming from far far far away and just running to you and wins the 1v1. Is this balanced ? Lmao

I'll take things that never happen for 500 Alex. I have never ever seen this happen, ever. Rifles would have to flank or have support smoke dropped on the Grens for that to be a successful engagement. I've seen many times 3-4 out of cover Gren sqauds with their MG42 upgrades absolutely melt about the same number of approching Riflemen.

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Sep 2019, 13:23 PMYukino
yh but the faction as a whole is op atm something needs to be done

Make USF the new UKF and nerf them to hell huh? OKW doesn't dominate USF anymore but OST with this patch seems to be able to pull it off a lot easier than before.

29 Sep 2019, 17:09 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Sep 2019, 16:59 PMCODGUY
They aren't just 280 MP vs 260 and 240. They cost 28 MP to reinforce, cost 150MP/15 fuel to unlock grenades and another 150MP/15 fuel to unlock BARs plus 120 munitions to equip them. This all factors in when I say they are expensive.

You can't compare Vet 0 unupgraded Riflemen to Vet 0 unupgraded Volks and then cite upgrade costs.

Riflemen with one BAR outgunned StG Volks at all ranges before the buff.

Riflemen have never had a scaling problem. 280 MP, 120 MU, vetted up Riflemen have always been worth their cost.

The problem was their unupgraded, unvetted performance, which the Garand change seeks to address.
29 Sep 2019, 17:44 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Sep 2019, 17:09 PMLago

You can't compare Vet 0 unupgraded Riflemen to Vet 0 unupgraded Volks and then cite upgrade costs.

Riflemen with one BAR outgunned StG Volks at all ranges before the buff.

Riflemen have never had a scaling problem. 280 MP, 120 MU, vetted up Riflemen have always been worth their cost.

The problem was their unupgraded, unvetted performance, which the Garand change seeks to address.

What's wrong with the comparison? At Vet 0 Volks would still dominate Riflemen behind sandbags despite the more expensive cost of Riflemen. This is totally ignoring Strums too. Riflemen had no discernable advantage over Volks but for some reason were significantly more expensive. It was the dumbest situation. Then Volks would instantly get their 60 munitions StGs and flamenades after teching while USF side techs put upgrades so out of reach that you'd very often see Volks wipe the floor with Riflemen for several minutes into the game. It was a sad sad state and I'm really glad they addresssed it.
29 Sep 2019, 19:18 PM

ah i wish this logic was used for pfusi, still lose to cons while costing 30 more mp
29 Sep 2019, 19:21 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Sep 2019, 17:44 PMCODGUY

What's wrong with the comparison? At Vet 0 Volks would still dominate Riflemen behind sandbags despite the more expensive cost of Riflemen. This is totally ignoring Strums too. Riflemen had no discernable advantage over Volks but for some reason were significantly more expensive. It was the dumbest situation. Then Volks would instantly get their 60 munitions StGs and flamenades after teching while USF side techs put upgrades so out of reach that you'd very often see Volks wipe the floor with Riflemen for several minutes into the game. It was a sad sad state and I'm really glad they addresssed it.
At Vet 0 cons would still dominate gren behind sandbags at long range despite costing the same and already beating them at close.
:clap::clap:

instantly ? well sure 55 fuel is much sooner than 15
29 Sep 2019, 19:22 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Sep 2019, 17:44 PMCODGUY

That's literally what I just said.

280 MP Riflemen were having a harder time vs 260 MP Volks early game at Riflemen's preferred range than they probably should have, so they got a buff to their early game close range performance.

Late game, double BAR rifles do as well as you'd expect a 280 MP 120 MU vetted infantry squad to.
29 Sep 2019, 19:25 PM

ah i wish this logic was used for pfusi, still lose to cons while costing 30 more mp

Given the fact they don't need to pay any additional side grade costs for faust and nades, I'd say they are fairly priced for what they do.

Bear in mind that rifles and tommies don't exactly start with everything unlocked for free.

If cons being shitty because of utility out of the gate was a good argument, then so it is for PFs.
29 Sep 2019, 19:29 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Sep 2019, 19:25 PMKatitof

Given the fact they don't need to pay any additional side grade costs for faust and nades, I'd say they are fairly priced for what they do.

Bear in mind that rifles and tommies don't exactly start with everything unlocked for free.

If cons being shitty because of utility out of the gate was a good argument, then so it is for PFs.
do at tommy pay for at nade ?, or do guards or shock pay for nades?

29 Sep 2019, 19:34 PM

do at tommy pay for at nade ?

Considering the fact they don't have any... i'd say no.

or do guards or shock pay for nades?

Are guards or shocks minute 1 mainline generalist inf?
29 Sep 2019, 21:29 PM

Grens vs riflemen:
jump backJump back to quoted post28 Sep 2019, 12:06 PMKatitof

It means that regardless of rifle or gren state, grens are supposed to lose at all distances and they do, rifle buff didn't changed anything here.

Cons vs volks:

Im with Vipper here, STG is the culprit not the volk squad itself
29 Sep 2019, 21:36 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Sep 2019, 19:25 PMKatitof

To need its not the same as to be able to, therefore if PF CANT GET sidetech upgrades, because of FACTION DESIGN, its not fair to claim their are fairly priced if they loose vs cons.
Cons on the other side DO NOT NEED at upgrades to fight PF.

Other squads than Rifles and Tommies dont get anything for free neither, you are simply bias thinking there.

Cons can be shitty because penals, because call-in infantry or simply because faction timings, the "utility" aspect of cons has been long ago debunked and discussed. Do not spread missinformation please.
PAGES (13)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS