Login

russian armor

How are Infantrysections since patch?

PAGES (16)down
13 Oct 2019, 17:11 PM

Well, I could say the same about You. You want to boost the faction which is very strong. Infantry sections just got buffed and you keep suggesting there is something wrong with them. Somebody just needs to give counterarguments as there is a real risk that buffing infantry sections will derail the whole game.

Lol brits are better than which faction exactly? They have exactly one nondoctrinal mediocre infantry squad that sucks out of cover and has to get sidetechs to scale, they have the slowest sniper, puma but shittier at literally everything in literally every way (slower, less range, worse vet, horrible acceleration, bad on the move acc, worse smoke for some reason), an mg with terrible suppression, no mobile indirect, no nondoctrinal rocket arty (and the doctrinal one is easily also the worst), worst medium, and ostwind but meh. The only things they have that are legitimately good and not just worse versions of other stuff are commandos, churchill, firefly, and maybe comet.
13 Oct 2019, 17:43 PM

Lol brits are better than which faction exactly? They have exactly one nondoctrinal mediocre infantry squad that sucks out of cover and has to get sidetechs to scale, they have the slowest sniper, puma but shittier at literally everything in literally every way (slower, less range, worse vet, horrible acceleration, bad on the move acc, worse smoke for some reason), an mg with terrible suppression, no mobile indirect, no nondoctrinal rocket arty (and the doctrinal one is easily also the worst), worst medium, and ostwind but meh. The only things they have that are legitimately good and not just worse versions of other stuff are commandos, churchill, firefly, and maybe comet.

They have holes in their units lineup. Yet, I'm against any buffs to IS as they are ok imo. The latest patch was enough.
13 Oct 2019, 18:30 PM

They have holes in their units lineup. Yet, I'm against any buffs to IS as they are ok imo. The latest patch was enough.

There are ways to fill the holes without having to touch infantry sections, you know. That is what i'm looking for.
13 Oct 2019, 20:12 PM

There are ways to fill the holes without having to touch infantry sections, you know. That is what i'm looking for.

TBH I have no clue how. They, as a facton, were supposed to rely on structures. Maybe that's the way to go to retain their uniqueness. It might mean that they will never be perfect for 1v1 but will be great in larger modes. It might be hard to balance a faction with so many structures and give them all stock units other factions have. The most sensible way would be through doctrines. A quick option would be to unlock both AEC and bofors. Like I don't see much sense to block it to only one. If sb wants to pay for another unlock why not.
13 Oct 2019, 20:13 PM

I smell a little salt here tho.
13 Oct 2019, 20:17 PM

TBH I have no clue how. They, as a facton, were supposed to rely on structures. Maybe that's the way to go to retain their uniqueness. It might mean that they will never be perfect for 1v1 but will be great in larger modes. It might be hard to balance a faction with so many structures and give them all stock units other factions have.

Actually, UKF as a faction is supposed to be late game powerhouse, basically allied equivalent of ost, last long enough and roll over with superior armor and its support.

Emplacements were pretty much removed from the game, if faction was reliant on them, it wouldn't be competitive anymore.
13 Oct 2019, 20:20 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Oct 2019, 20:17 PMKatitof

Actually, UKF as a faction is supposed to be late game powerhouse, basically allied equivalent of ost, last long enough and roll over with superior armor and its support.

Emplacements were pretty much removed from the game, if faction was reliant on them, it wouldn't be competitive anymore.

I added some stuff to my last post when you were writnig your reply. I'd try to look for solutions in structures department to retain uniqueness. For starters I'd make one upgrade still allow another. AEC and the nerfed Bofors. Simple but could be effective and add variety. You pay for it anyway.
13 Oct 2019, 23:56 PM

I think IS are fine too, but they need to fill those gaps now because brits have no more stupid OP crutch units anymore.

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Oct 2019, 20:13 PMJilet

I smell a little salt here tho.

Lmao its true. I wish they were playable because I find some aspects of the faction fun (mostly commandos lol) but they're so garbage now that it's a waste of time to even attempt to play them. It's a bit frustrating to lose to people who are clearly worse than you because you kind of just can't counter anything because you have half a faction to play with.
14 Oct 2019, 07:04 AM

I think IS are fine too, but they need to fill those gaps now because brits have no more stupid OP crutch units.

I'd fill those gaps with structures.
14 Oct 2019, 07:06 AM

I'd fill those gaps with structures.

Really, mate ??? You want to bring back emplacements ??? How to do that without making them cancer like before?
14 Oct 2019, 09:39 AM

Really, mate ??? You want to bring back emplacements ??? How to do that without making them cancer like before?

Factions have to be unique. Game is not new. Adjusting price/performance ratio of already existing stuff seems logical. Brits can't be clones of US or Sov.

First, I'd make AEC and Bofors not mutually exclusive (just side tech to bulid them). Bofors is no longer what it used to be so should be ok.

Second, I'd adjust price/perfomance ratio on mortar. I'd think of its range and performance for different ranges. Generally I'd try to make it work.
14 Oct 2019, 22:16 PM

Factions have to be unique.

15 Oct 2019, 00:02 AM

+1

Brits do not need more/better emplacements. They would have been much better off without them even existing as they just justified the gaps in their lineup and made them boring to play against when emplacements were used. Now that emplacements have basically been nerfed out of the game and all the other crutch units have been balanced, brits just have half a faction lineup and nothing to show for it.
15 Oct 2019, 01:07 AM

Exactly this ._.
A lot of effort has been spent to remove emplacements from the game.
15 Oct 2019, 06:27 AM

All true ppl - but from what I know we can only play with existing stuff. We can't really create new units, etc, can we? Why not try with bofors+aec build? It is so easy to implement.
15 Oct 2019, 07:18 AM

All true ppl - but from what I know we can only play with existing stuff. We can't really create new units, etc, can we? Why not try with bofors+aec build? It is so easy to implement.

Make bofor and AEC no longer lockout each other is a good stat.

British mortar team using usf mortar already exist in lend lease regimen, so just move it into platoon CP.
15 Oct 2019, 08:27 AM

I feel like Infantry Section is fine after the patch. Dangerous stage they reach after vet3 5men with 2 brens and that could be ajusted by making 5-men an upgrade that takes 1 weapon slot (or make that with medic upgrade).

The issue lies more in faction design in general than in Tommies.

As i wrote above new stuff should be added, stuff that already in game and needs only small implementation. Artillery officer as CQC elite infantry. phosphorus granade could work as a sight blocker for mg and clearning units in houses and USF M5 HT that can be upgraded into mortar HT - that would solve the issue with lack of tools vs mg spam. AEC and bofors no longer exclusive could be interesting combo in certain situations.

It needs a big revamp of a faction but finally UKF had every tool they need. Buffing emplacement would end up with old story - SIMCITY. They already got buffed by adding ability of removing it with 100mp compensation. It's just this model of gameplay isn't 1v1 friendly and on maps that require mobility - no buff will change that. Everyone knows it's an old game and hard to say if more changes will be possible to do.
17 Oct 2019, 19:53 PM

My opinion: 280 mp for a 4 man squad without at gren and requires unlock for nade and lmg and 5th man , mostly doing no dmg in the early game , getting killed easily and need of green position 24/7. What a balanced unit , as a top 300 brits player i realized they have no chance vs okw this patch and just changed sides to okw to get ez win with fusilier spam or fg42 spam , either ways work.... Maybe soviet and usa stand a chance vs falls but ukf hell nah ... You are making brits a tower defence faction ...
17 Oct 2019, 20:34 PM

After playing some UKF in the last days there is one thing I really don't understand.

Everybody agreed that UKF being overly static was cancerous to play against. Now they made Infantry Sections completely incapable of attacking anything because they die too easily out of cover. So the problem of being static (something that nobody) liked has become even worse. So what is the point of it?
17 Oct 2019, 20:38 PM

Where the hell does this "Tommies are squishy" bull shit come from? They have an out of combat RA of 0.9. That's a bit more durable than grens and a bit less than sturms. They have a smaller target size of ALL the infantry anyone can make at the start of the game with the lone exception of sturms who don't have the luxury of engaging at range.
Furthermore their durability is increased when in cover, more so than any units for that matter because they get bonus 10% RA reduction AS WELL as the standard bonus. And then they can boost their model count adding 25% more durability (and dps)
Whoever keeps spouting Tommies being squishy are full of shit. They can be the tankiest mainline in game save for cons just by spending some fuel and using cover but they are CERTAINLY not squishy. The earliest any faction can a squad with a better RA (aside from aforementioned sturms) is pgrens and after that is Obers.

They don't have 100 models, that's true, but if you can pull your head out of your ass long enough to play Ost you will find Tommies durability exceedingly familiar and even exceptional should you make use of cover.

Edit: if memory serves they lowered the reinforcement cost of Tommies as well shortly after release making them less per head than grens as well. So if Tommies are squishy I don't even know what grens are..
PAGES (16)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS