Login

russian armor

sturm officer

11 Sep 2019, 16:14 PM

One of my suggestions was to give Sturm officer Concentrated fire aura, same as on Artillery Field Officers. Combat wise the sturm is still not very impressive. As for no more auto retreat for officer model loss, it didn't take much effort before the patch to keep the sturm squad behind your combat troops. The new smoke nade is neat but overall is still feels as a major nerf to this unit.
11 Sep 2019, 16:25 PM

I think that he is better overall because he has veterancy now, smoke nade is also a nice addiiton

The reinforce cost of 35 with .91 RA is still limiting his effectiveness though espceiclaly considering the officer model's pistol is not entirly helpful on a long range squad til vet 5
11 Sep 2019, 17:10 PM

He's clearly better than before; almost every change was a buff. Just the higher CP requirement and slightly worse Mark Target before vet.

Even if he's still not great, it's better to make small changes for balance. This gives the balance team and playerbase more time to figure out his power level. Maybe the changes were enough, maybe not. But at least it's not another JLI situation, you know?
11 Sep 2019, 17:39 PM

He's clearly better than before; almost every change was a buff. Just the higher CP requirement and slightly worse Mark Target before vet.

Even if he's still not great, it's better to make small changes for balance. This gives the balance team and playerbase more time to figure out his power level. Maybe the changes were enough, maybe not. But at least it's not another JLI situation, you know?

have been saying the exact same thing for years
11 Sep 2019, 17:45 PM

yes but it’s u could just mirror an already existing balanced unit, like the commissar , right now it has less ability and utility and worse performance for the price (for reference commissar beat volks at 5 men)
11 Sep 2019, 18:24 PM

Yeah maybe we could also buff the Major, make him a 5 man sqaud with some better firepower...oh wait he's not an Axis unit.
11 Sep 2019, 18:26 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Sep 2019, 18:24 PMCODGUY
Yeah maybe we could also buff the Major, make him a 5 man sqaud with some better firepower...oh wait he's not an Axis unit.
here comes the irrelevant, post to derail

Major is not an officer ,
CP Requirement from 1 to 2; matches other officer units
11 Sep 2019, 18:44 PM

here comes the irrelevant, post to derail

Major is not an officer ,
CP Requirement from 1 to 2; matches other officer units

A Major is by definition, an officer. Is he an "officer" in the context of the game? I don't know but I'm not understanding why every single unit OKW has always has to be "more effective" while every single unit UKF has is "too effective" hence the constant nerfs over the years.
11 Sep 2019, 18:48 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Sep 2019, 18:44 PMCODGUY

A Major is by definition, an officer. Is he an "officer" in the context of the game? I don't know but I'm not understanding why every single unit OKW has always has to be "more effective" while every single unit UKF has is "too effective" hence the constant nerfs over the years.
not by the mod team at least
11 Sep 2019, 18:54 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Sep 2019, 18:24 PMCODGUY

He's also not a Frontline unit you biased baboon.
His abilities ALL suggest he's a behind the lines unit, but you wouldn't understand that because you can only see in axis and allies as opposed to balance and roles.
But, if you really wanted to improve his combat footprint you can via weapon racks, but you left that out because you are so God damned biased that any even thought of an underperforming axis unit is a very assault on your character.
11 Sep 2019, 19:41 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Sep 2019, 18:44 PMCODGUY

I don't know but I'm not understanding why every single unit OKW has always has to be "more effective" while every single unit UKF has is "too effective" hence the constant nerfs over the years.

Aren't you talking about major? Why are you now talking about UKF as well?

The major isn't anything like the sturm offizier, idk why you even brought that up either
11 Sep 2019, 20:02 PM

Aren't you talking about major? Why are you now talking about UKF as well?

The major isn't anything like the sturm offizier, idk why you even brought that up either

I brought up UKF because they've been getting nerfed into the gound for a couple years now (probably longer, only been playing this game since 2017). I don't really care about the Major, I think he's fine, just sick of these constant buffs to OKW like it needs to be babied.
11 Sep 2019, 20:33 PM
Director of Moderation Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Sep 2019, 20:02 PMCODGUY

I brought up UKF because they've been getting nerfed into the gound for a couple years now (probably longer, only been playing this game since 2017). I don't really care about the Major, I think he's fine, just sick of these constant buffs to OKW like it needs to be babied.

When you release busted AF (to sell DLC) you receive nerfs for awhile.

As far as the officer goes, I assume this is based off tightrope's test video where the units loses hilariously to penals pre vet 5. And yeah it looks kinda bad. I always thought the ober models actually had ober RA value and just the officer model was going to 0.91 RA.

I think the unit could be a bit stronger since it is limited to 1, arty field officer is pretty decent and has great utility as well. That's a good benchmark IMO.
11 Sep 2019, 20:39 PM

When you release busted AF (to sell DLC) you receive nerfs for awhile.

As far as the officer goes, I assume this is based off tightrope's test video where the units loses hilariously to penals pre vet 5. And yeah it looks kinda bad. I always thought the ober models actually had ober RA value and just the officer model was going to 0.91 RA.

I think the unit could be a bit stronger since it is limited to 1, arty field officer is pretty decent and has great utility as well. That's a good benchmark IMO.
commissar exist too
11 Sep 2019, 20:42 PM

yes but it’s u could just mirror an already existing balanced unit, like the commissar , right now it has less ability and utility and worse performance for the price (for reference commissar beat volks at 5 men)

That's a good point, but the Soviets rely much more heavily on doctrines for good infantry. To have a Commissar, you have to give up Shocks, for instance. Context plays a role in how effective a unit should be.

That said, I do think you're right that the squad needs something more. I'd suggest better RA to reduce his MP bleed and make his bodyguards more consistent with regular Obers. But how much improvement is needed isn't quite clear yet.

EDIT: Actually, it might be cool to see him at CP3 with real Ober bodyguards, .7RA. The late timing and high power would be more unique.
12 Sep 2019, 13:58 PM

For me the sturm officer looks too weak, esp. at the time he comes out. At that point, most infantry has vet. and you have a long way to go, until the unit is competetive.
4 Oct 2019, 18:38 PM

made some more test, they lose close range to commissar (260 mp) and long range to IS WITHOUT COVER (280 mp)

there is no reason for an unit that has less utility than others to be weaker in combat AND be more expensive

for reference commissar has AOE suppress/pin and retreat with no draw back, officer has a single target retreat that buffs enemy squad near the target by 50% accuracy

and mark target that was nerfed to 1,3 increased RA for enemy unit, commissar can buff ur unit instead with both defensive and offensive traits

and has smoke, while commissar has normal nade AND free aoe healing

even when comparing to other command units it's worse

arty officer give aoe buff to tank and inf, + off map smoke and mortar barrage AND ability that gives accuracy and RA to itself, it only cost 240 mp too

British air landing officer has gammon bomb , powerful aoe inf buff and recon pass, + it can upgrade with elite bren (basically lmg34)

the officer even cost 35 mp to reinforce

this unit is not only subpar to other officers but even to similar priced units

remove the draw back from retreat and add aoe healing like commissar + give it more RA

even at vet 2 it loses to penal at long range even if it cost more (280mp+35 from reinforce vs 300 mp)

edit: just to show how bad the situation is , commissar that is a close-mid range unit beat volks that cost the same close and mid and is a coin toss at long range
4 Oct 2019, 19:07 PM

Regarding combat tests I think it's best to put units behind cover like conscript sandbags then delete the cover so they all stand in a line at the correct distance. It makes it neater when I try at least

I think generally officers should performa bout their cost, but not have access to upgrades, in this case no lmg 34 like a normal ober squad.

The officer squad at long range has only .91 RA and will lose 1/3 of its long range dps with 1 model drop since the luger is useless, so it's tough to have an effective range. Plus that Reinforce cost is killer.

I think just adjusting the reinforce cost, giving him more Ra and or looking at giving A combat bonus vet 2 and squad member 5 at vet 3 instead would be all that's needed. I would think having 4 stronger models is better than 5 weaker one, that's just going to make him bleed more before he gets combat bonuses.

His abilities are pretty good vs mg spam with a smoke nade, retreat and target practice all working well against them.

4 Oct 2019, 19:12 PM

Regarding combat tests I think it's best to put units behind cover like conscript sandbags then delete the cover so they all stand in a line at the correct distance. It makes it neater when I try at least

I think generally officers should performa bout their cost, but not have access to upgrades, in this case no lmg 34 like a normal ober squad.

The officer squad at long range has only .91 RA and will lose 1/3 of its long range dps with 1 model drop since the luger is useless, so it's tough to have an effective range. Plus that Reinforce cost is killer.

I think just adjusting the reinforce cost, giving him more Ra and or looking at giving A combat bonus vet 2 and squad member 5 at vet 3 instead would be all that's needed. I would think having 4 stronger models is better than 5 weaker one, that's just going to make him bleed more before he gets combat bonuses.

His abilities are pretty good vs mg spam with a smoke nade, retreat and target practice all working well against them.

but u can see that commissar has basically a cheaper version of them without any draw backs
4 Oct 2019, 21:02 PM

but u can see that commissar has basically a cheaper version of them without any draw backs

The Sturm Offizier scales way better and at vet 5 (which is really easy to get with the shared vet) completely wipes the floor with a (vet 3) Commissar Squad. And most other squads for that matter.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★