Login

russian armor

Assault Guards into more doctrines!

1 Sep 2019, 08:11 AM

Okay what has happened here once I left?
1 Sep 2019, 08:12 AM

I liked it tho

Khe-khe

I'VE GOT SO FAR AND LOSE IT ALL! IN THE END, IT DOESN'T EVEN MATTEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEER

1 Sep 2019, 08:19 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post31 Aug 2019, 15:58 PMKirrik
Why would any doctrine need them in first place? There are shocks and normal Guards, these guys are just for doctrinal flavor.
The only reasonable thing to change for them is 3xbazooka upgrade as an alternative to thompsons.

I want less Guards and Shocks spam so Axis also have a bit more fresh air that they can get without poisoning themselves to death, and also something new and somewhat interesting for the Soviets so they can't just blob Penals and then Guards or Shocks.

This unit with the upgrades I suggested, and possibly a different type in the Lend Lease doctrine, would replace Shocks and Guards in some doctrines they don't fit because of balance or logical (thus balance again) issues, and you, as a player, would be able to suit them as you please in the battle, without them being, quote:"Good for everything or being 6 men Obers for close range".
1 Sep 2019, 08:20 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post31 Aug 2019, 17:19 PMVipper

I did not respond to your point, I simply corrected your facts. Using correct data/stat helps a debate move allot smoother.
Elite or not paras get 2 bazookas not 3.
The m5 is simply superior even to buffed 250.

To respond to your point, 6 men squad with 3 bazookas/3 SVT and good vet bonuses can easily become problematic especially if they come without a vehicle as suggested by some. The AI/AT potential is simply too high.

The Clown Car is M3A1, not M5, so that's what he was about, no?
1 Sep 2019, 09:33 AM

I just tested them in cheat mod and I like them. Maybe the should come with m1 garands instead of SVT's but that's just a minor aesthetic change.
As for the halftrack. I understand that they come in a halftrack as part of the doctrine but I think it might be a waste that it's the same one as the one you can already build in tier 3.
How about it's changed to the M3 halftrack that you get as USF. Maybe with a repair ability or something.
Also, change it to 2CP to match other elite infantry.
1 Sep 2019, 10:36 AM

The Clown Car is M3A1, not M5, so that's what he was about, no?

I am not talking about the M3A1 but the M3 used by USF/UKF which is not available to Soviets in other doctrines.
1 Sep 2019, 14:00 PM

I just tested them in cheat mod and I like them. Maybe the should come with m1 garands instead of SVT's but that's just a minor aesthetic change.
As for the halftrack. I understand that they come in a halftrack as part of the doctrine but I think it might be a waste that it's the same one as the one you can already build in tier 3.
How about it's changed to the M3 halftrack that you get as USF. Maybe with a repair ability or something.
Also, change it to 2CP to match other elite infantry.

Remove Thompsons to an upgrade
Replace m5 with brit special weapons halftrack that drops BARs and ZOOKS at a higher than normal munitions cost to compensate for lack of racks unlock and prevent over use.
1 Sep 2019, 14:31 PM

Remove Thompsons to an upgrade
Replace m5 with brit special weapons halftrack that drops BARs and ZOOKS at a higher than normal munitions cost to compensate for lack of racks unlock and prevent over use.

Conscripts/Penal with Vickers -k is a really bad idea.
PLS no more drop able weapons, I have seen enough SVT conscripts with "for the mother land"
1 Sep 2019, 19:20 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post1 Sep 2019, 14:31 PMVipper

PLS no more drop able weapons, I have seen enough SVT conscripts with "for the mother land"

What about restrictions for these drops to only elite units and Cons? As Cons already have just 1 slot.
And I yet didn't see this combo, how bad is it?
1 Sep 2019, 19:21 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post1 Sep 2019, 10:36 AMVipper

I am not talking about the M3A1 but the M3 used by USF/UKF which is not available to Soviets in other doctrines.

Got it.
1 Sep 2019, 20:13 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post1 Sep 2019, 14:31 PMVipper

Which is why I suggested an increased price. 70mu say for a single lmg that is designed to be used in pairs AND locking out the 7th man would be a heafy price to pay. They only have 1 slot so if the price is right it won't be an issue. Worst case an inferior version can be made to ensure its not broken. My main concern here is making the bundled call in worth it which it currently isn't, it restrict ass guards without really making the bundle worth calling in anyways.
2 Sep 2019, 11:11 AM

Which is why I suggested an increased price. 70mu say for a single lmg that is designed to be used in pairs AND locking out the 7th man would be a heafy price to pay. They only have 1 slot so if the price is right it won't be an issue. Worst case an inferior version can be made to ensure its not broken. My main concern here is making the bundled call in worth it which it currently isn't, it restrict ass guards without really making the bundle worth calling in anyways.

Bundles HT do not seem to be worth it.

On the other hand Assault Guards with Thompson are actually very powerful and they their should be restriction in their numbers.

Changing the M5 to an USF M3 and lowering CP to 2 might be enough to make them attractive even without drop-able weapons (which is actually a very design imo).
2 Sep 2019, 11:27 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post2 Sep 2019, 11:11 AMVipper

On the other hand Assault Guards with Thompson are actually very powerful and they their should be restriction in their numbers.

Changing the M5 to an USF M3 and lowering CP to 2 might be enough to make them attractive even without drop-able weapons (which is actually a very design imo).

Paratroopers and Rangers are not limited, it’s enough to make the Assault Guard without an HT and leave it on 3PCs, but change the 1st veteran ability now is all a salvage mine and adjust the grenade damage - now it is terrible and random. So what I think should be SVT-40 at start and Thompson? Bazooka ammunition purchase.
2 Sep 2019, 11:41 AM

Paratroopers and Rangers are not limited, it’s enough to make the Assault Guard without an HT and leave it on 3PCs, but change the 1st veteran ability now is all a salvage mine and adjust the grenade damage - now it is terrible and random. So what I think should be SVT-40 at start and Thompson? Bazooka ammunition purchase.

USF elite infatry are limited by the CP3 restriction and by the number of infatry the faction gets by that time. One will usually see 1-2 elite USF infatry in game.
2 Sep 2019, 11:46 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post2 Sep 2019, 11:41 AMVipper

USF elite infatry are limited by the CP3 restriction and by the number of infatry the faction gets by that time. One will usually see 1-2 elite USF infatry in game.

This suits me personally; I do not make more than two units of the same type.
2 Sep 2019, 13:53 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post2 Sep 2019, 11:11 AMVipper

Even then, now you have a worse halftrack that cant be turned into AA. it scales worse and you have a fuel cost bundled to your elite infatry. In order for the bundle to work it needs somethin worth getting and if need be replacing. Otherwise you have 1 off infantry with a fuel cost meaning they will be ignored imstead
2 Sep 2019, 14:12 PM

Even then, now you have a worse halftrack that cant be turned into AA. it scales worse and you have a fuel cost bundled to your elite infatry. In order for the bundle to work it needs somethin worth getting and if need be replacing. Otherwise you have 1 off infantry with a fuel cost meaning they will be ignored imstead

The M3 would be unique to the commander and would allow the bundle to be cheaper and arrive earlier. Having a stock unit appearing in doctrinal bundle makes little sense unless it allow you building skipping and that is not the case here.

Thompson Guards are quite strong and their availability should be limited. The other option is stop coming in a bundle and become CP3.
3 Sep 2019, 07:14 AM

If we change the Half-Track to anything, then I vote Bren Carrier.

Don't think the Soviet Union even used the M3, we were keeping the good stuff for ourselves.
3 Sep 2019, 07:33 AM

If we change the Half-Track to anything, then I vote Bren Carrier.

Don't think the Soviet Union even used the M3, we were keeping the good stuff for ourselves.

It doesn't have serve any purpose at that timing.
3 Sep 2019, 17:14 PM

Keep the damned halftrack and make the guards inside even better. The HT bundle would prevent spam and the power of the Ass Guards would make the single investment worth it. Thompsons already probably accomplish this to an extent, but maybe reducing their RA to at least regular Guard levels and replacing their Vet 1 Trip Flares with something moderately useful would be good.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★