UKF September patch discussion

• This thread is locked
PAGES (18)down
23 Aug 2019, 10:49 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

*Watches simcity burn*

Nothing of value was lost

"Maxis developers angry noices".

On one hand, this looks like over the top nerfs. On the other side it's Simcity.
23 Aug 2019, 11:55 AM

"Maxis developers angry noices".

On one hand, this looks like over the top nerfs. On the other side it's Simcity.

Over the top is understatement here.
For bofors alone its +50% cost for 20% hp and nothing else. Pretty bad deal that removes that upgrade from doctrine completely if you ask me.
23 Aug 2019, 12:27 PM

Rework Advance Emplacement Regiment plz
23 Aug 2019, 14:17 PM

I tried the new Bofor and i have to say, well done devs, you successfully remove it from the game. One less problem to worry about.
23 Aug 2019, 17:33 PM

Not sure about the bofor changes, but I feel that they're in the right direction to make it less of a surprise squad eraser.

Maybe take a look at it's vet requirements/bonuses as it takes forever to level up.
23 Aug 2019, 18:16 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Aug 2019, 17:33 PMSully
Not sure about the bofor changes, but I feel that they're in the right direction to make it less of a surprise squad eraser.

Maybe take a look at it's vet requirements/bonuses as it takes forever to level up.

Cause it cant move and no one will ever walk in it range after the fist time they see it. The only match where Bofors can vet up is vs AI.

At the very least, give it some + suppression so it can still deni areas. I feel like the Bofor 1.2 nearly cant do anything. I saw a rak coak right up to the gun and then retreat while drop only 1 model.
23 Aug 2019, 18:31 PM

Cause it cant move and no one will ever walk in it range after the fist time they see it. The only match where Bofors can vet up is vs AI.

At the very least, give it some + suppression so it can still deni areas. I feel like the Bofor 1.2 nearly cant do anything. I saw a rak coak right up to the gun and then retreat while drop only 1 model.
>moving cloaked rakt
>1.2 prewiew
chose one

:snfPeter:
23 Aug 2019, 18:32 PM

Yeah, increased suppression would be good.
23 Aug 2019, 19:25 PM

That's called area denial and it's actually the point of it...
Are you suggesting that, since once spotted the enemy won't walk into it again it should both immediately wipe whatever it shoots at and vet instantly? That's the only solution to the problem you created.

It keeps the enemy away and punishes them if they don't. That's the point of it and it does that.
24 Aug 2019, 02:04 AM

That's called area denial and it's actually the point of it...
Are you suggesting that, since once spotted the enemy won't walk into it again it should both immediately wipe whatever it shoots at and vet instantly? That's the only solution to the problem you created.

It keeps the enemy away and punishes them if they don't. That's the point of it and it does that.

I just explain why bofor cant vet up, i dont have any problem with that.
24 Aug 2019, 02:06 AM

>moving cloaked rakt
>1.2 prewiew
chose one

:snfPeter:

It moving in while the bofor shooting another squad, i target it when it at point blank and it got away with 3 model.
24 Aug 2019, 03:09 AM

Rework Advance Emplacement Regiment plz

+1

Would rather have something actually useful instead of just cancer.
24 Aug 2019, 09:05 AM

If someone built a Bofor in a conner or behind some shoot blocked, it will mostly not cover a lot of points and you can simply ignore it.

I also mean mainly mortar emplacements. Bofors is mainly only cancer for retreating units, it fucks everything, as effective as 3 Ostwinds.

Bofors should be useable more flexible, should be easyer to replace AND should be counterd more easy.

Brits make the game too static, destroying CoH2.
24 Aug 2019, 15:58 PM

What if we give the Bofors better damage vs targets in light cover? When it was done for the Centaur, it allowed it to operate just fine in the late game, where light cover would be everywhere. It really should make a difference to make up for it's new firing speed.
25 Aug 2019, 07:09 AM

:gimpy: Churchill needs more nerfs. Just came back from watching the Banace preview tournament and that Churchill spam was so OP

Right now it can hold off a panther, while costing less fuel and being able to beat up infantry

I would suggest reducing the main gun’s AOE damage so that it can continue to fight panthers on even terms, but can’t slaugher infantry afterwards.
25 Aug 2019, 07:20 AM

:gimpy: Churchill needs more nerfs. Just came back from watching the Banace preview tournament and that Churchill spam was so OP

Right now it can hold off a panther, while costing less fuel and being able to beat up infantry

I would suggest reducing the main gun’s AOE damage so that it can continue to fight panthers on even terms, but can’t slaugher infantry afterwards.

I think taking the opposite approach and reducing main gun penetration to reduce effectiveness versus armored vehicles might make more sense.

TBH though I have always wondered why some of these heavy tanks like the Churchill are not restricted to one unit at a time anyway.
25 Aug 2019, 07:59 AM

Churchill can hold of panther ???
25 Aug 2019, 08:16 AM

Churchill can hold of panther ???

Damage sponge units tend to do very well against "low" DPS units.
If you try to counter churchill with a panther, you have failed miserably as you need a volume of fire, not consistency of penetration against it.
25 Aug 2019, 08:39 AM

I do definitely agree that the Churchill needs to be nerfed but nerfing it's anti infantry performance is not the way to go. The British already have the Comet and the Firefly which are both great at fighting tanks and having a third AT focused tank would simply be redundant.

The Churchill needs to be good against infantry to fill it's role well but it shouldn't be able to do that and fight a panther and be cheaper all at the same time. The Churchill needs to either have less hp so it can't simply ignore damage or it needs less penetration so that it can actually be pushed back by armor. I do also like the idea of it being limited to one on the field at a time just like all other heavy vehicles.
25 Aug 2019, 08:45 AM

As someone who uses the Churchill for mobile heavy cover, I would rather keep the armour and health where it is for it to perform it's role as an Infantry Support tank. But I can certainly live with a penetration nerf to the Churchill's main gun or even a rate of fire decrease. It really shouldn't be destroying Panthers on it's own but it should be able to still take a beating.
PAGES (18)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight