Login

russian armor

Soviet September patch discussion

• This thread is locked
PAGES (30)down
21 Aug 2019, 14:17 PM

They will be great at annoying and cutting off enemy territory with the new improved capture and decapture speed bonus. There's absolutely no need to give them an ability to disable points, that's just overkill for a 210mp unit that can infiltration spawn.

Partisants are made to cut off enemy territories and work behind the lines. Improved decap make 100% sense but capture doesn't. Partisants aren't ment to hold the terriories unless it's something like Warsaw uprising.

I suggest to remove capture point buff and leave only decap.
21 Aug 2019, 20:43 PM

i realy wonder if penal last man standing vet realy does anyting
22 Aug 2019, 16:13 PM

Maybe this is the time to restore female partisans?
As far as I know, they were removed due to issues re-crewing team weapons. Maybe, since they lack military training, they shouldn't be able to crew them? This would be a pretty big (but unique!) downside, but that makes room for other fitting bonuses. On-field reinforcement from buildings or hideouts comes to mind.
22 Aug 2019, 16:49 PM

Maybe this is the time to restore female partisans?
As far as I know, they were removed due to issues re-crewing team weapons. Maybe, since they lack military training, they shouldn't be able to crew them? This would be a pretty big (but unique!) downside, but that makes room for other fitting bonuses. On-field reinforcement from buildings or hideouts comes to mind.

What about reinforcement during maphacks, like fallschimjaegers can do with the JU87 airbourne assault?
22 Aug 2019, 18:48 PM

Edit:
They edited patch notes so this post isn't really relevant anymore
22 Aug 2019, 19:04 PM

SEPTEMBER 2019 PATCH PREVIEW - Version 1.2 Changes
August 22nd 2019

Soviets

Mobilize Reserves
Seven man conscripts were proving too potent with only the Molotov and AT grenade requirements, especially in conjunction with the price reduction in Soviet Tier 2 tech, and the traditional Soviet T70 power spike at very similar timing. The following change will represent a more meaningful choice for Soviet players.
- Mobilize reserves now costs 25 fuel and 100 Manpower to unlock
- It still requires Molotov and AT Grenade tech, in addition to Soviet T3 being built.

Combat Engineers
- Mosin Nagant rifle now matches those used by Conscripts
- Damage from 16 to 12
- Accuracy from 0.518/0.449/0.334 to 0.757/0.660/0.557

Airborne Guards
- DP-28 drop rate from 0.33 to 0.1

IS-2
- Far AOE damage from 0.135 to 0.2
- Mid AOE distance from 1 to 1.35
- Fragmentation round damage mid from 0.35 to 0.5
- Fragmentation round far damage from 0.135 to 0.2

Partisans
- Concussive Trap plant time from 15 to 10
- Concussive Trap cost from 15 to 10
22 Aug 2019, 19:20 PM

Took you long enough Sander, but finally my original T3+fuel unlock idea is here :romeoMug:

Also, CE change :hansGASM:
22 Aug 2019, 19:22 PM
Lead Strategist Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Aug 2019, 19:20 PMKatitof
Took you long enough Sander, but finally my original T3+fuel unlock idea is here :romeoMug:

Also, CE change :hansGASM:

why sander?
22 Aug 2019, 19:22 PM

too much cost for the upgrade try 15 fuel, it's not like the ukf one where u get them in multiple unit for free, u still pay munition for each squad

btw u just nerfed CE vs kubel, the kubel spam is upon us :snfPeter:
22 Aug 2019, 19:40 PM

why sander?

Because he is there.
Would you post it, I'd address you.
22 Aug 2019, 20:15 PM

So you have to have both unlocks + tier 3 to research the upgrade or can you just go tier 4 and then research the upgrade?

22 Aug 2019, 20:40 PM

So we have to spend 45 fuel in total to unlock mobile reserve then spend 50 munitions on individual squads. Then spend 17 mp to add one more man. And have slow molotov. Only good thing is con snare which we can get anyways. So perhaps this needa to be looked upon? People are definitely better going for penals and then making a maxim with 10 fuel building and AT guns.
22 Aug 2019, 20:45 PM

T3 + techs seems a bit high
That's like 300mp and 50 fuel in side techs alone for the 7th man....
Fuel aside that's a bonkers amount of manpower especially considering only penals are viable from the core tech and medics still cost 250mp

If rather tune down the value (maybe lock the combat bonuses behind t4) and have the ability not completely gut your manpower as well as dealt armour substantially.
It almost has the feel of forcing you to skip the T70 to be able to not fall behind too much and all that means is I will continue to ignore conscripts because penals will definitely do the trick without a squads worth of mp extra needing to be invested.

Also yay CE changes.
22 Aug 2019, 20:48 PM

Does this combat engineer change imply they use the like Conscript_nagant_rifle ? That's a dps buff at most ranges then correct?

Not that engineers were any good in combat since they were nerfed to have worse rifles than cons from having better ones as a fan of seeing viable engineer/pioneer/RE spam I approve :thumbsup:
22 Aug 2019, 20:49 PM

So we have to spend 45 fuel in total to unlock mobile reserve then spend 50 munitions on individual squads. Then spend 17 mp to add one more man. And have slow molotov. Only good thing is con snare which we can get anyways. So perhaps this needa to be looked upon? People are definitely better going for penals and then making a maxim with 10 fuel building and AT guns.

I look at these changes and think: 7th person is so poor upgrade. And to spending additionally fuel molotov - which is an absolutely useless unlock and I used it only in beta test and release times, plus MP and it’s good for a little earlier disgusting 7th person. Lord, enjoy this mediocrity yourself.
22 Aug 2019, 20:49 PM
Developer Relic Badge

Does this combat engineer change imply they use the like Conscript_nagant_rifle ? That's a dps buff at most ranges then correct?

Not that engineers were any good in combat since they were nerfed to have worse rifles than cons from having better ones.

Yes, they use the exact same rifles as Conscripts.
22 Aug 2019, 20:53 PM

I look at these changes and think: 7th person is so poor upgrade. And to ramp additionally tolino: molotov - which is an absolutely useless unlock and I used it only in beta test and release times, plus MP and it’s good for a little earlier disgusting 7th person. Lord, enjoy this mediocrity yourself.

The molotov was also pretty good at the release of the brits when they normalized all flame damage. Like good enough to warrant teching AND the long throw time. I'd even say that going strong cons and teching molotov instead of a tier first was viable and an absolute blast. Then the molotov got nerfed and has been a time or 2 since as well if I remember.

But at least volks are able to insta pop their long range flame nade in an instant to make sure they win any fight with an mg or dependant on cover am I right?..
22 Aug 2019, 22:32 PM

And guys am i the only one who thinks flame damage of flame half track and kv8 is not equal? Is it cuz of two flame throwers on the Ht? But aren't they directional? Like one on the front and one on the back?

Edit: i realized both the flame throwers are on the front.
22 Aug 2019, 22:33 PM

The molotov was also pretty good at the release of the brits when they normalized all flame damage. Like good enough to warrant teching AND the long throw time. I'd even say that going strong cons and teching molotov instead of a tier first was viable and an absolute blast. Then the molotov got nerfed and has been a time or 2 since as well if I remember.

But at least volks are able to insta pop their long range flame nade in an instant to make sure they win any fight with an mg or dependant on cover am I right?..

I used molotov only back in December when i started to play this game. Fairly quickly i realized its uselessness.
22 Aug 2019, 22:43 PM

Yes, they use the exact same rifles as Conscripts.

man, the double engie + penal opening will be massive powerful now.

aren't cons 1.09 size vs the 1 size of engies? I mean, I love some buffs to allies but things can get out of control really fast if things don't get thoroughly thought out.
PAGES (30)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS