Login

russian armor

USA September patch discussion

• This thread is locked
PAGES (25)down
6 Sep 2019, 20:46 PM
Director of Moderation Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post6 Sep 2019, 20:38 PMGrumpy

I haven't seen anywhere that Mazianni claimed that OST is undefeatable. You're the one twisting his words and getting snippy. Most of us expect Vipper to go full retard. We don't expect the Director of Moderation to join him. You really ought to step away from the keyboard for awhile.

? relax m8 there was misscommunication.
6 Sep 2019, 20:48 PM

Yea it's alright. I'm probably the one who should be stepping off for a bit right now tbh. Dealing with this shit on-off for half the day has got me in a snappy mood if I am being honest.
6 Sep 2019, 22:09 PM

If you are going to try and push logic in this forum for eight hours you are probably going to wind up developing some sort of rash. I imagine Shadowlink needs lots of cream
6 Sep 2019, 23:01 PM
Director of Moderation Badge

Back to USA topic please :)
6 Sep 2019, 23:24 PM

no brainer upgrades, regardless of to whom they belong are bad design.
*old man voce*
back in MY day faction wernt designed so kids could simply move towards the enemy good at all ranges units with cover in their pockets and whoever had the biggest blob won. we had upgrades that were a CHOICE. long range firepower meant reduced mobility, increased mobility meant next to no dps at range. durable units didnt fight well, and good fighters bled for it. if they HAPPEND to be both, they were soviet doctrinal infantry who had their own exagerated flaws like no dps past bayonet range or 4/6 men dont shoot unless you are standing still.
kids these days think their 5 man assault weapon upgrades that have as much though going into choosing them as a wet fart staining my britches. the only question to wfa upgrades is when. damn entitled kids will even bitch and moan when told that thats bad design because oh no dont make me have to think about the damn game i just want to pay to make my units better instead of earning it..
7 Sep 2019, 00:45 AM

CLAIM: Indirect fire nerfs have hurt Ostheer more than anybody else
POSITION: FALSE, indirect fire is designed SPECIFICALLY to counter the form of play that OSTHEER falls into. General IDF nerfs, particularly ones that happen to still leave Ostheer with the best mortar, do NOT harm Ostheer more than any other faction, and this claim is absurd no matter how you look at it.

The Ostheer strength was support weapon, a nerf all mortar affect ostheer the most, the same way that if all HMFG was nerefed ostheer would be affected the most or if all light vehicles where nerfed ostheer would be affected the least. With 15 more range the ostheer mortar had a better chance to win a dual.It is a simple as that.

The ostheer mortar might be the "best" but the difference is currently minimal.

7 Sep 2019, 02:44 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post7 Sep 2019, 00:45 AMVipper

The Ostheer strength was support weapon, a nerf all mortar affect ostheer the most, the same way that if all HMFG was nerefed ostheer would be affected the most or if all light vehicles where nerfed ostheer would be affected the least. With 15 more range the ostheer mortar had a better chance to win a dual.It is a simple as that.

The ostheer mortar might be the "best" but the difference is currently minimal.

Mortars are for countering support weapons, and Ostheer has the best anyway, and depends on them the most as you say. That is the whole point. Ostheer is generally going to need a support weapon counter like the mortar less in general compared to other factions. Theirs happens to be the best anyway and whatever - thats cool. Nobody is asking for a nerf.

But good news is devs did buff counter barrage for the Grw34, so technically speaking it does get the extra range back in a barrage duel / counterfire role.

If you want more done with it specifically, however, thats a subject for the Ostheer thread.
7 Sep 2019, 02:50 AM

Both of these things are by design. Hence the lack of USF Obers or Pgrens. Am I to take it you have also joined the "Nerf BAR!" crowd or is this just a random factnote.

I was just pointing that out, in my book BARs are fine, they are needed against stg volks
7 Sep 2019, 02:56 AM

Mortars are for countering support weapons, and Ostheer has the best anyway, and depends on them the most as you say. That is the whole point. Ostheer is generally going to need a support weapon counter like the mortar less in general compared to other factions. Theirs happens to be the best anyway and whatever - thats cool. Nobody is asking for a nerf.

But good news is devs did buff counter barrage for the Grw34, so technically speaking it does get the extra range back in a barrage duel / counterfire role.

If you want more done with it specifically, however, thats a subject for the Ostheer thread.

I am simply tired of reading again and again how the USF mortar was nerfed (as if it was the only mortar affected) and how bad it is live (I am not saying that you wrote that), when this is simply not the case.

The fact that MOD team decided to buff the vet 1 ability of the Ostheer mortar and the MHT while nerfing the other USF option is further indication how powerful USF indirect fire support become after the mortar/tech changes.

I had actually brought up that point at it during the preview.

(edited to add more changes)
7 Sep 2019, 02:59 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post7 Sep 2019, 02:56 AMVipper

I am simply tired of reading again and again how the USF mortar was nerfed (as if it was the only mortar affected) and how bad it is live (I am not saying that you wrote that), when this is simply not the case.

The fact that MOD team decided to buff the vet 1 ability of the Ostheer mortar while nerfing the other USF option is further indication how powerful USF indirect fire support become after the mortar/tech changes.

Or just that counter barrage kinda sucks in live lol.
ddd
7 Sep 2019, 05:34 AM

"Nerf all mortar affect ostheer the most" - completly ignoring the fact usf has no other non doc early garrison counter than shitty mortar.

BTW i like how MOD comes here to derail thread with stupid post and then casualy says: back to usf topic please :)

This forum is a mess.
7 Sep 2019, 09:39 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post7 Sep 2019, 05:34 AMddd
"Nerf all mortar affect ostheer the most" - completly ignoring the fact usf has no other non doc early garrison counter than shitty mortar.

BTW i like how MOD comes here to derail thread with stupid post and then casualy says: back to usf topic please :)

This forum is a mess.
well yes, there are fan bois whom pollute every thread with fake stats and opinions
7 Sep 2019, 13:52 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post7 Sep 2019, 05:34 AMddd

"shitty mortar"
Its actually a subpar OST mortar clone... (no counter barrage and a little worse stats)
What about LeiGs then? Are they monstrosities or the worse piece of crap for indirect fire? Is there a middle point? Maybe instead of exaggerating so much we can agree that small truths are still valid.

USF mortar is not what you said, USF has much better options, from doc MHT to Pak Howies and scotts...

7 Sep 2019, 14:21 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post7 Sep 2019, 02:56 AMVipper

The fact that MOD team decided to buff the vet 1 ability of the Ostheer mortar and the MHT while nerfing the other USF option is further indication how powerful USF indirect fire support become after the mortar/tech changes.

I had actually brought up that point at it during the preview.

(edited to add more changes)

Everyone who plays usf for long periods of time knows the usf mortar is garbage.
7 Sep 2019, 14:25 PM

Everyone who plays usf for long periods of time knows the usf mortar is garbage.

Great do a number of test of an ostheer mortar firing on house with riflemen in and then one with USF mortar firing on house with grenadier squad and lets us know what you have come up with.
7 Sep 2019, 14:28 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post7 Sep 2019, 14:25 PMVipper

Great do a number of test of an ostheer mortar firing on house with riflemen in and then one with USF mortar firing on house with grenadier squad and lets us know what you have come up with.

Both opponents jump out of house after being hit once. If both sides micro ostheer wins. I don't use the mortar and my friends in top ten 3's and 4's don't either.
7 Sep 2019, 14:29 PM

Both opponents jump out of house after being hit once.

Then ostheer mortar is equally garbage, yet both get the job done of denying garrison.
7 Sep 2019, 14:31 PM

The ostheer mortar has a slight edge over the usf mortar. Ostheer also has pios for los. Every good usf main ignores the usf mortar in 2's and up. It is only useful when your opponent does not build mortars.
7 Sep 2019, 14:48 PM

Once again the USF balance thread has been derailed by axis mains hell bent on arguing that actually OST has a worse mortar. How is this relevant for USF balance? Please leave this thread and go back to the OKW one to brainstorm more dream units. No one can even give feedback here because there is a page of posts from certain people trying to change the subject constantly
7 Sep 2019, 14:49 PM

The ostheer mortar has a slight edge over the usf mortar. Ostheer also has pios for los.

Great so in your opinion the Ostheer mortar is recycled garbage and since the UKF and Soviet mortar are about the same with they are also garbage.

In other word it is not the USF mortar that is garbage but all mortars. Which is my original point the USF mortar is inline with other mortars.

(in addition since the ostheer mortars went from what some people called "turbomortar" to "slightly better garbage" it was the ostheer who where affected the most by mortar nerf.)

(edited)
PAGES (25)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight