Login

russian armor

USA September patch discussion

• This thread is locked
PAGES (25)down
5 Sep 2019, 07:05 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post5 Sep 2019, 05:55 AMCODGUY

I've never understood the point of the Greyhound. Friggen 60 fuel and it sucks against a Luchs.

Because its AI vehicle.
You want to kill luchs, you get Stuart.
5 Sep 2019, 09:53 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post5 Sep 2019, 05:27 AMCODGUY
USF already sucks I don't understand the desire to nerf more of their stuff...are OKW players looking for an auto-win button for their faction?

Here is my question for USF:

Why the hell is the worst engineer unit in the game AND worst starting unit in the game a 200 MP unit? Ostruppen are like 180 MP for a 6 man T0 combat unit, Royal Engineers are 210 for a 5 man unit, Grenadiers are only 40 MP more and are like 10x better. Can we maybe adjust the price to reflect it's crap preformance just a little bit since nobody wants to make it worth its 200 MP cost by maybe adding a 5th man? Maybe we can look at USF infantry as a whole. Why are Pathfinders 290 MP when their preformance doesn't match their price? Why are Combat Engineers 280 MP when their preformance doesn't match their price? Why is there some innate desire to make sure USF's infantry are consistently overpriced and underperforming? I am glad about the Riflemen buff but like I said I'll have to wait and see how that plays out.
:snfPeter::snfPeter::snfPeter::snfPeter::snfPeter::snfPeter:

u could check stats for once :snfPeter::snfPeter::snfPeter::snfPeter:

like look at pioneers or CE
5 Sep 2019, 21:25 PM

This is probably a long shot but balance team needs to look at reverting some of the indirect fire needs because grens aren’t in the same position as they were in 1.0. The whole line of reasoning was that 4 man squads are too squishy but now it won’t be the case for much of the timing these units will be on the field. Balance team should split the difference on the WP nerf, bringing it to damage tick ever .4 seconds which is still a 100% nerf from original state.
6 Sep 2019, 00:42 AM

:snfPeter::snfPeter::snfPeter::snfPeter::snfPeter::snfPeter:

u could check stats for once :snfPeter::snfPeter::snfPeter::snfPeter:

like look at pioneers or CE

Pioneers are obviously better and Combat Engineers are priced correctly. What's your point?
6 Sep 2019, 01:33 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post6 Sep 2019, 00:42 AMCODGUY

Pioneers are obviously better and Combat Engineers are priced correctly. What's your point?
why are they obv better ?
6 Sep 2019, 06:53 AM

why are they obv better ?

Reliability of DPS, extra sight.
6 Sep 2019, 09:16 AM

Reliability of DPS, extra sight.
they are fixing that in the patch already tho ?
6 Sep 2019, 09:23 AM

RE DPS is fine. They also get many veterancy fighting bonuses:
+20% accuracy
-23% received accuracy, -20% weapon cooldown
Increases the squad's size to 5

In addition they can get rack weapons and carry weapons and minesweepers. The units is cost efficient.

6 Sep 2019, 09:23 AM

they are fixing that in the patch already tho ?

We'll see how that plays out, but sight alone makes pios better.

HMG with better sight range is better, so they are ultimate recrew stock unit.
6 Sep 2019, 10:16 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post6 Sep 2019, 09:23 AMVipper
RE DPS is fine. They also get many veterancy fighting bonuses:
+20% accuracy
-23% received accuracy, -20% weapon cooldown
Increases the squad's size to 5

In addition they can get rack weapons and carry weapons and minesweepers. The units is cost efficient.

Any serious buff to the unit should end up with reducing it's weapon slot to 1. In history of CoH2 we already had a Rears Echelons blobs equipt with 2x bar. Eventhough upgrade costs 120 ammo, such a cheap unit shouldn't be able to use it. Same thing was already done with RoyalEngineers

If that happens increase of his performance wouldn't hurt anyone
6 Sep 2019, 10:22 AM

We'll see how that plays out, but sight alone makes pios better.

HMG with better sight range is better, so they are ultimate recrew stock unit.

Plus the whole "actually an engineer" aspect. All CE can do is lay wire while pios can throw up Bunkers and sandbags as well.
6 Sep 2019, 10:24 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post6 Sep 2019, 10:16 AMStark

Any serious buff to the unit should end up with reducing it's weapon slot to 1. In history of CoH2 we already had a Rears Echelons blobs.

If that happens increase of his performance wouldn't hurt anyone

Reduce slots to 1 and add a second at vet 3. You still get the flexibility of racks without the blob potential and have to EARN superb firepower instead of buy it outright..
6 Sep 2019, 11:00 AM

Reduce slots to 1 and add a second at vet 3. You still get the flexibility of racks without the blob potential and have to EARN superb firepower instead of buy it outright..

Or simply lock the possiblity to get 2 bars like Royal Engineers cannot pick 2 brens even though they have 2 weapon slots
6 Sep 2019, 11:35 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post5 Sep 2019, 05:55 AMCODGUY

I've never understood the point of the Greyhound. Friggen 60 fuel and it sucks against a Luchs.

The Greyhound starts slow but at Vet 3 is really good against infantry. Vision on it is great at Vet 3 also as is its AA.

My biggest complaint about it is that the CP requirement makes it arrive so late that it is hard to vet up against good opponents, or even against mediocre ones in 4v4's. The Puma just requires the light mechanized company which is more the equivalent of having the LT or CPT dispatched or possibly an officer plus side tech. It somehow got overlooked when the balance team was addressing the no-tech callins.

Cannister shot has such a long delay that it is worthless, unless your opponent likes to go AFK a lot. They brought it back in name only. It's also badly overpriced for as little damage as it does, which is small compared to similar abilities like the OST sniper's vet ability. Even without that ability, I'd use it a lot more if the call-in requirements were fixed.
ddd
6 Sep 2019, 11:51 AM

Limit BAR to one per squad but remove weapon racks requirement. RE can upgrade to double zooks for 100 muni. No longer "gamebreaking" double BAR riflemen.
6 Sep 2019, 12:23 PM

Imo BAR should become more mid oriented cost lowered to 45 and DPS adjusted.

That would keep the relative positioning similar.
6 Sep 2019, 12:31 PM

BAR is basically comparable to a single PzGren Stg44, but locked behind tech and costing 60muni a piece. I don't know why anyone would ask for a nerf to them or RM's ability to carry BARs.

I don't know why anyone thinks REs need work either. They're shit early game but scale better than any of the eastern front engineer units at least. If I had to buff them I'd make the 5 man bonus come at vet 2 instead of 3, but that's it. They're really fine as is.

Why not talk about units that actually need to be worked on, like the Pack Howie or the M2HB with it's still not fixed 0.5 retreat RA.

6 Sep 2019, 12:57 PM

BAR is basically comparable to a single PzGren Stg44, but locked behind tech and costing 60muni a piece. I don't know why anyone would ask for a nerf to them or RM's ability to carry BARs.

I don't know why anyone thinks REs need work either. They're shit early game but scale better than any of the eastern front engineer units at least. If I had to buff them I'd make the 5 man bonus come at vet 2 instead of 3, but that's it. They're really fine as is.

Why not talk about units that actually need to be worked on, like the Pack Howie or the M2HB with it's still not fixed 0.5 retreat RA.

Check your number they are completely off. Pg's St44 and BAR have completely different curves.

6 Sep 2019, 12:58 PM

1 bar > 2 volks stg
6 Sep 2019, 13:00 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post6 Sep 2019, 12:57 PMVipper

Check your number they are completely off. Pg's St44 and BAR have completely different curves.

1 bar > 2 volks stg

I mentioned PzGrens, not Volks.

The point of all this was to say the BARs really don't need work.
PAGES (25)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS