Login

russian armor

USA September patch discussion

• This thread is locked
PAGES (25)down
30 Aug 2019, 13:29 PM

Why not replace the mortar with Assault Engineers for USF to better combat against CQC units early game.

It would be a fix I would say to some of its early game problems.

None really uses a mortar early do they, unless its team games but I think Assault Engineers would have a better impact.

Because CQC units aren't a problem for them, countering HMGs without investing fuel is.
30 Aug 2019, 13:35 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Aug 2019, 13:29 PMKatitof

Because CQC units aren't a problem for them, countering HMGs without investing fuel is.

That is true.

Then they should just add the unit without the need of replacing a unit.
30 Aug 2019, 13:39 PM

That is true.

Then they should just add the unit without the need of replacing a unit.

There is no reason for that, because last changes allowed for very early HMG, which happen to stop CQC troops very well.

RETs also can now reliably apply suppression too, again, countering CQC units well in early game.
30 Aug 2019, 13:43 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Aug 2019, 13:39 PMKatitof

There is no reason for that, because last changes allowed for very early HMG, which happen to stop CQC troops very well.

RETs also can now reliably apply suppression too, again, countering CQC units well in early game.

Alright.

Do you know how much the Surpression ability costs at the moment?

From what I remember, it is 30 ammo and that is pretty costy.

Should be cheaper like 20 ammo, possibly 15 even.

What do you think it should cost like?
30 Aug 2019, 13:45 PM

Alright.

Do you know how much the Surpression ability costs at the moment?

From what I remember, it is 30 ammo and that is pretty costy.

Should be cheaper like 20 ammo, possibly 15 even.

What do you think it should cost like?

Unless something changed during last 3 years and wasn't documented, it still should be 20.
30 Aug 2019, 13:54 PM

The original vetted riflemen from riflmen company's "elite riflemen training" abilty was different unit from normal riflemen, with different properties the same way the 250 passengers grenadiers are different unit from vanilla grenadiers.
30 Aug 2019, 13:54 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Aug 2019, 13:23 PMKatitof

I have no idea what is so hard for you to understand there.

There was no different squad, no different models, just REGULAR RIFLES starting at random vet. Same thing for mobile defense osttruppen, no special models, no different squad, just REGULAR UNIT starting with a star.

Its COMPLETELY DIFFERENT THING then what you are asking for.

Are you high ? Man we are saying the same thing. I said "I PROPOSE THAT CHANGE". And again I said "There was something like Veteran Infantry Squad" as the commander ability name. Now remembering it was a call-in riflemen with rng vet.
30 Aug 2019, 13:55 PM

We're talking about models here in case you know, missed the context.
30 Aug 2019, 14:02 PM

Why not replace the mortar with Assault Engineers for USF to better combat against CQC units early game.

It would be a fix I would say to some of its early game problems.

None really uses a mortar early do they, unless its team games but I think Assault Engineers would have a better impact.

Because there's no other way to get free smoke until T4, and nobody wants to tech grenades for smoke nades and frags when it delays weapon racks and officers/vehicles. Likewise the smoke and regular grenades themselves delay BARs signifigantly.

End result is mortars still get used quite a bit versus ostheer, since it's the only way to remove a MG42 in a house for most of the game.
30 Aug 2019, 17:15 PM

Can we get new bulletins for RE? I was thinking veteran rate increase or rate of fire.
30 Aug 2019, 18:04 PM

Can we get new bulletins for RE? I was thinking veteran rate increase or rate of fire.

They haven't even fixed the one with an incorrect value that makes RE rate of fire worse, so I don't think we're getting any new ones.
30 Aug 2019, 19:26 PM

SEPTEMBER 2019 PATCH PREVIEW - VERSION 1.3

USF

Riflemen Flares
The cost of flares is being matched to those used by units such as Panzerfusiliers to incentivise its use.
- Cost from 40 to 35

M21 Mortar Half-Track
We are slightly toning back the nerf to Whie Phosphorous from the M21 to have more impact on units that remain within the smoke.
- White Phosphorous damage frequency from 0.6 to 0.5

M4 Sherman 105mm Dozer
To allow players to purchase this unit when they have teched up to Major, we are reducing the CP cost. Additional CP changes will take effect when the patch hits live.
- Now requires Major tech
- CP requirement from 10 to 7; will be reduced to 6 for live patch

M26 Pershing
We are toning back some of the Pershing's AOE which previously allowed it to destroy most infantry squads in two hits. In return, the cost of HVAP is being reduced to give the Pershing an edge against vehicles.
- Far AOE damage from 0.225 to 0.175
- Mid AOE from 0.4 to 0.375
- HVAP shot from 60 to 50
30 Aug 2019, 19:42 PM
Director of Moderation Badge

I think USF is going to be in a really good spot. My only complaint is that the pakhowie change was weird. no nerf to AoE instead it was scatter, and its durability is still poor AF vs stuka zu fuss because 6->5 man in previous patch.

That and I wish they had nondoc rocket arty. You simply cannot break heavy entrenched axis players with constant pak howie/scott. You actually need a priest and in 1v1 play that is almost a death sentence.
30 Aug 2019, 21:37 PM

The M8A1 is still overperforming currently it is still a super long range brummbar thats cheaper and comes out sooner.. it's damage should be turned down to stug e levels.
30 Aug 2019, 21:58 PM

I think USF is going to be in a really good spot. My only complaint is that the pakhowie change was weird. no nerf to AoE instead it was scatter, and its durability is still poor AF vs stuka zu fuss because 6->5 man in previous patch.

That and I wish they had nondoc rocket arty. You simply cannot break heavy entrenched axis players with constant pak howie/scott. You actually need a priest and in 1v1 play that is almost a death sentence.

I don't mind the lack of nondoc rocket arty but the lack of durability of the pak howie and barrage range of the Scott do make dealing with entrenched players difficult. It's worse in 2v2's or more. Someone will always get a werfer or stuka and wipe your pak howie every minute and a half, until you stop bothering recrewing it.

I wouldn't mind a further slight nerf to the Scott's direct fire if they would buff the barrage. The range should be at least the same as the pak howie and the number of shells should go up. In short, turn it into mobile arty.
31 Aug 2019, 02:04 AM

The M8A1 is still overperforming currently it is still a super long range brummbar thats cheaper and comes out sooner.. it's damage should be turned down to stug e levels.

Lmao.
I don't think the Scott is on the same level of Lethality that a StuPa is.
Is sure is an annoying unit, that can *gasp* drop German models in a reliable way, the issue is that if you nerf it then USF stock rooster will lack sorely on maps that you simply can't use Shermans... Or in situations it's your closest alternative to lacking Rocket Artillery outside of Commanders.

Please consider that, it's a mobile mini-howitzer, it's not an assault gun.
You can't compare it to one or want it to turn into a subpar version of it, without considering how would that play out besides stuff like, I wish it stopped doing it's one job.
31 Aug 2019, 05:46 AM

The sbp changes to scott only gives axis a little more time to reposition, mainly wehr faction. You can still sit back to auto fire...

But now it is faster to manual fire....

I think the scott problem is having a counter. It sits so far behind, have enough HP, speed and armor/target size, you cannot reliably kill it, so it is allowed to free range snipe infantry for massive damages. Sniper doesnt work this way...

I think the popcap needs to go up in range as panzerwafer. At least it makes usf think twice of going double/triple scott in 2v2.

Im surpised the mod team havent look into usf units popcap since they can do the in/out and free crew repairs..
31 Aug 2019, 12:16 PM

Lmao.
I don't think the Scott is on the same level of Lethality that a StuPa is.
Is sure is an annoying unit, that can *gasp* drop German models in a reliable way, the issue is that if you nerf it then USF stock rooster will lack sorely on maps that you simply can't use Shermans... Or in situations it's your closest alternative to lacking Rocket Artillery outside of Commanders.

Please consider that, it's a mobile mini-howitzer, it's not an assault gun.
You can't compare it to one or want it to turn into a subpar version of it, without considering how would that play out besides stuff like, I wish it stopped doing it's one job.

In game and in real life m8 is a assault gun:

From wiki.
"The M8 Scott, based on the chassis of the M5 Stuart light tank, was also an assault cannon and carried a 75 mm short howitzer."
31 Aug 2019, 13:25 PM

M4 Sherman 105mm Dozer

What is the point of the 105mm dozer when the dozer upgrade give access to superior vehicle and has not CP attachments?

Suggestions:
Replace dozer upgrade with 105mm
31 Aug 2019, 13:50 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post31 Aug 2019, 05:46 AMmrgame2

...have enough HP, speed and armor ..., you cannot reliably kill it...

Those words perfectly fit the panther, lol. Allies cant reliably kill it so OP :v
PAGES (25)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS