Login

russian armor

New Commander Update Patch June 14th

PAGES (14)down
15 Jun 2019, 21:47 PM

What ive tried out panzerfussiliers feel quite underwhelming. the upgrade to g43 is unnecessarily expensive and even with them it feels like they are not worth over volks.

90 ammo is too much. Especially when OKW is heavily dependant on ammo to make their infantry units potent enough.
15 Jun 2019, 21:56 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Jun 2019, 20:26 PMButcher
Ostheer doesn't need fuel any longer.

Skip T1, skip T2. MG42 and PGs will suffice. Then rush for the Ostwind.

Already tried it. It works pretty well in 2v2s at least.
and how do u do anything early with just mg and pg ?
15 Jun 2019, 22:03 PM

90 ammo is too much. Especially when OKW is heavily dependant on ammo to make their infantry units potent enough.

90 ammo is not too much. It is good! You just have to find a different strategy and see what works and what does not! Redistribute your muni spending.

(also, shocking newsflash: All 4 factions are heavily ammo dependent to make their inf potent)
15 Jun 2019, 22:38 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Jun 2019, 22:03 PMKatitof

90 ammo is not too much. It is good! You just have to find a different strategy and see what works and what does not! Redistribute your muni spending.

(also, shocking newsflash: All 4 factions are heavily ammo dependent to make their inf potent)

Volks by default without weapon upgrade, just like Conscripts are good early game.

BUT When they scale and when do not have upgrades. They become arguably the worst unit on the field as they get outperformed by other infantry. Volks only does well when they obtain STG upgrade. Without it, they are easily outmatched mid-late game, just like Conscripts. Grens you potentially can halt for the upgrade while Volks you need the upgrade fast!

Applied exactly to that of Conscripts and Volks, they scale badly against inf without upgrades mid-late. By default they are not reliable. Without upgrades, they cant maintain or hold ground. They play only a supportive role. Volks with upgrade, takes them out of that supportive role in adaption for aggressive role.

The thing about Axis is that you need ammo/weapon upgrade early to combat most Allied infantry units. Allies can make do without them but potentially do way better with them than Axis. That is why they have side tech. UKF weapon lmg is not that great an upgrade. Tommies without weapon upgrade are exceptionally great. 5 man does more than a weapon upgrade. It is somewhat compensated!

USF Riflemen become arguably the best infantry late game because they outmatch most inf with 2 bars. Vet plays even a stronger role. As they shred on the move, and their accuracy on the move is the highest. Best faction also to chase down retreating squads. They become almost the elite unit when Volks only reliance late game is its Vet. Their weapon upgrade late game wont play much of a role of aggression anymore!

OKW, you cant rely on their support weapons as much as other and Sturmpio (their other mainline infantry is unreliable as they die pretty easily in comparison to Volks) infantry. You have to rely on Volks as they are versatile and the only thing that you have to make do with.
15 Jun 2019, 23:47 PM

Permanently Banned
Ostwinds penetration against mediums seems way too high

Your profile pic checks out. You're so salty. As you've claimed in the shoutbox that an Ostwind beats a T34? If that was even to have a remote chance of happening, 1) Ostwind would need to get ALL it's shots off on the rear armor of T34 and score above average RNG on those shots' penetration. 2) The T34 would actually need to miss a shot or two on the Ostwind. Coupled with your claim that teller oneshotting is OP yet the teller hasn't changed since the release, puts you firmly in the "allied-biased" column.
15 Jun 2019, 23:50 PM

Permanently Banned
and how do u do anything early with just mg and pg ?

I can confirm this build order. The skip T1&2 works well, ONLY VS NOOBS. Had a p4 at the 12 min mark in a 3v3. Had 2nd p4 at the 15 min mark.
15 Jun 2019, 23:54 PM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post15 Jun 2019, 17:10 PMFarlion
lol @ the tears about the Ostwind. Axis had to put up with the Centaur for years, get used to it.

As for Tigers in 4v4, the mode is a clusterfuck anyways. The last time they tried balancing the game after it we had probably the worst balance in the game at any point.

I'd also say it's much better people get rewarded for quick teching, then being rewarded for stalling into call-ins.

I was waiting for all the salt about how the Ostwind is just as potent as the Centaur now. For once, allies need to learn to fight using a different strategy than the "blob & kill the hmg42 gunner to victory". :lolol: For once Ost had a REAL blob counter.
15 Jun 2019, 23:54 PM

No, I did not like it. For me, 3vs3 and 4vs4 is the best option. Not boring but not huge scale.

3vs3 and 4vs4 is just spamming artillery unit game mode

15 Jun 2019, 23:57 PM

Permanently Banned
If heavies are such a problem, tie them to tech AND a CP requirement. This would benefit all players. Allied heavy stalling in 1v1 is very strong. Persh/IS2/Croc stall is great vs Ost and if OKW didn't go spec ops. And the new Ace would have to wait for a certain amount of time.
16 Jun 2019, 00:06 AM

I can confirm this build order. The skip T1&2 works well, ONLY VS NOOBS. Had a p4 at the 12 min mark in a 3v3. Had 2nd p4 at the 15 min mark.
yes but we are talking for real game modes, not where u can literally cons spam ans still wins as ur weakness get covered by tohers
16 Jun 2019, 00:11 AM

Permanently Banned
yes but we are talking for real game modes, not where u can literally cons spam ans still wins as ur weakness get covered by tohers

It'll be tougher to pull off in a 1v1. I can see myself using mechanized for the agrens to support the mg+pgren build. And definately the 250 either as a retreat wiper or a schreck car. Munis will be more important than fuel to control enemy LV movement.
16 Jun 2019, 00:15 AM

It'll be tougher to pull off in a 1v1. I can see myself using mechanized for the agrens to support the mg+pgren build. And definately the 250 either as a retreat wiper or a schreck car. Munis will be more important than fuel to control enemy LV movement.
wait doesn't the 250 have mg now ?
16 Jun 2019, 00:15 AM

Permanently Banned
wait doesn't the 250 have mg now ?
It did since last patch.
16 Jun 2019, 00:29 AM
Donator 11

Whats the difference between normal Tiger and Tiger Ace except for their abilities?
16 Jun 2019, 00:52 AM

It did since last patch.
yes by that i mean it's better to not use at mobile sherck
it can supress
16 Jun 2019, 01:08 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Jun 2019, 00:29 AMspajn
Whats the difference between normal Tiger and Tiger Ace except for their abilities?

Ace starts at experience level 1 which unlocks Spearhead and Blitzkrieg straight out of the gate, also self-repair ability ala OKW.

10 more sight range.

Not sure about other stats.
16 Jun 2019, 03:50 AM

It seems to me that SVT conscripts (and engineers) vet up way too quickly. That may mean they're doing too much damage too early. If that amount of damage is ok, then a veterancy rate nerf with SVTs would make them scale at a more reasonable pace.
16 Jun 2019, 07:27 AM

More health, much stronger MGs, starts at vet1.
16 Jun 2019, 07:47 AM

Difference in base stats:

+10% accuracy on the main gun
1280HP vs Tiger's 1040HP
+100% DPS on the coaxial MG to compensate for the lack of top gunner
Slightly slower (4.7 speed / 1.5 acc vs Tiger's 5.2 and 1.8)
16 Jun 2019, 08:07 AM

It seems to me that SVT conscripts (and engineers) vet up way too quickly. That may mean they're doing too much damage too early. If that amount of damage is ok, then a veterancy rate nerf with SVTs would make them scale at a more reasonable pace.

Normaly they vet slowly if they dont get such upgrades. A non doctrinal weapon should give them increased dps. A natural bonus is vetting faster. Imo there is no problem here.
Or the veteran squad leader for ost should not grant any dps because they already get more hp and thus staying power and thus do more damage already next to the medkit being free.

As far as i know the target determines the amount of exp. How would adres this without gutting their base exp levels?
PAGES (14)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS