Login

russian armor

Maxim change ideas

5 May 2019, 19:30 PM

My idea: maxim set up time halved, no suppression, damage increased to 1.5x the damage of mg42 LMG
Sustained fire is a vet 0 ability, is now a toggle, changes damage and suppression to mg34 level, and reduces vision radius by 1/3rd

Idea is, maxim provides the damage in a maxim/conscripts build, keeping conscripts as a “utility” unit. Your maxims are also capable of suppressing large groups of infantry with Sustained fire. You can’t, however, have your maxims off 1v1ing squads because they can’t spot for themselves.

Could they add reverse move to the maxim! That would be great
5 May 2019, 19:36 PM

Maxim spam confirmed?

*Edited

Like literally, f*ck the game balance.

Its hard to understand why so much changes toghether, but i like to rework or fix maxims.
5 May 2019, 19:52 PM

Maxim spam confirmed?

Like literally, f*ck the game balance.
Please no. There is no reason to make maxims that OP.

Read it again.

That version of the Maxim is really, really weak.

It's either a blind, low arc MG34, or worse than a Conscript squad.
5 May 2019, 19:59 PM

Blind maxim wouldn't work because once units get into range of it they would start shooting and reveal themselves.

Favorite out of the box suggestion I've seen is giving it +10 range and no other changes so that IF spotted for it has a bit more room to actually suppress a squad before they crawl up to it and frontally nade/induce deathloop.
5 May 2019, 20:08 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post5 May 2019, 19:52 PMLago

Read it again.

I get it and thanks, i did read wrong. But still its a very complicated way to "Fix" maxims. I liked the half setup time buff tho
5 May 2019, 20:15 PM

Replace Maxim in T2 with Dshka.
Raise Dshka price to 320mp.
Give maxims their old set up time and increasen stats of its crew to make them useful in battle.
Place them in selected few offensive doctrines where they can be used as an offensive machine gun.
Raise cost to 320mp and reinforce cost by 2-5mp.
6 May 2019, 02:48 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post5 May 2019, 19:52 PMLago

Read it again.

On the contrary. 1.5x damage without dmg reduced to suppressed squads? That's an OP LMG squad asking to lose it's basic crew to replace it with whatever squad you want. It's a stronger LMG34 and absurdly strong at close range.
6 May 2019, 04:20 AM

On the contrary. 1.5x damage without dmg reduced to suppressed squads? That's an OP LMG squad asking to lose it's basic crew to replace it with whatever squad you want. It's a stronger LMG34 and absurdly strong at close range.

Yeah that'd actually be strong as heck lol. I would not like to see that in live.

One thing I think all the allied mgs need is to be able to suppress grouped (blobbed) infantry faster. There's no reason that given the fact they already suppress pretty slow (.50 excluded, but with the .50 if you don't suppress on the first/second burst it can be annoying because it has quite a long time between bursts) they should at least be able to suppress the squads around them at pretty nearly the exact same speed they suppress the squad they're focused on. The 42 and even 34 already do that most of the time just because they have that much suppression anyway.
6 May 2019, 09:55 AM

Buff suppression and decrease crew to either 5 man or 4 man. Depending on how much better the suppression of Maxim is.

I usually use Maxim and it is good. The only thing currently compensating is for its damage output which is much better than Axis MG, specifically damage output.

I still think however that a suppression increase is necessary but I would believe that it would require to decrease the size of the crew in order to make that happen for balancing!
6 May 2019, 11:45 AM

Buff suppression and decrease crew to either 5 man or 4 man. Depending on how much better the suppression of Maxim is.

I usually use Maxim and it is good. The only thing currently compensating is for its damage output which is much better than Axis MG, specifically damage output.

I still think however that a suppression increase is necessary but I would believe that it would require to decrease the size of the crew in order to make that happen for balancing!

As long as the deathloop isent fixed, no way in hell does it justify the crew number being lowered.
Right now its supression allows it to be naded frontaly way to often. The deathloop allows it to be wiped really easy. That is 2 problems vs 1 advantidge. Even 6 men cant keep it from being wiped less then a 4 men crew.

Not being able to be frontaly naded nearly all the time will lessen the impact from the deathloop. Reliable supression is neccesary, its dps does nit seem to high to me. Mg42 seems to have higher dps, but because it supresses faster its dps seems to be low. Not 100% sure but it seems that way to me.
6 May 2019, 11:54 AM

As long as the deathloop isent fixed, no way in hell does it justify the crew number being lowered.
Right now its supression allows it to be naded frontaly way to often. The deathloop allows it to be wiped really easy. That is 2 problems vs 1 advantidge. Even 6 men cant keep it from being wiped less then a 4 men crew.

Not being able to be frontaly naded nearly all the time will lessen the impact from the deathloop. Reliable supression is neccesary, its dps does nit seem to high to me. Mg42 seems to have higher dps, but because it supresses faster its dps seems to be low. Not 100% sure but it seems that way to me.

What are you talking about? Maxim is so bad that the Grenadier can get close to Maxim in the front and kill him with a single rifle grenade, while the grenadiers will not be suppressed.
6 May 2019, 11:55 AM

The problem start with effectiveness of the incendiary grenade.

Lower the effectiveness or even replace it with frag and half the problem will be gone.
6 May 2019, 12:03 PM

What are you talking about? Maxim is so bad that the Grenadier can get close to Maxim in the front and kill him with a single rifle grenade, while the grenadiers will not be suppressed.

I doubt that, because the Maxim's time to suppress at long range on neutral cover (~2,6s) is shorter than the time it takes for Grens to get within riflenade range and play the firing animation, and it will cancel when they become suppressed due to the reduced range it gets. Unless the Grens used sight blockers or heavy cover to get close, in which case it's okay that they can because all HMGs should lose engagements that are unfavorable to them.

Besides, the Maxim's huge crew ensures at least half of them will survive a riflenade. Unless they are all clumped up in yellow cover, but that's a player micro error.
6 May 2019, 12:10 PM

Maxim is not that bad, surely a grenadier can not get take out anyone in 1 rifle nade unless they are clumped behind yellow cover.

Maxim is ok, just lacks suppression but compensates currently for its damage and 6 man, set up time too. If a grens squad attempted to go for Maxim single handeldly, it would lose 2-3 man.

Maxim needs support, that is the usual case. Conscripts are the ideal choice and engineers. They are good but not that good. Buff suppression and decrease to 5 or 4 man. Set up time is still superior to others which is another upside. The only major downside currently is Suppression.

It is great against units behind cover which Axis MGs are terrible at. Maxim has all but suppression.
6 May 2019, 12:10 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post6 May 2019, 11:55 AMVipper
The problem start with effectiveness of the incendiary grenade.

Lower the effectiveness or even replace it with frag and half the problem will be gone.

And how are you going to solve anti garrison issue then?
With more T0 units?
OKW HQ already looks like DoW2 HQ.
6 May 2019, 12:12 PM

I doubt that, because the Maxim's time to suppress at long range on neutral cover (~2,6s) is shorter than the time it takes for Grens to get within riflenade range and play the firing animation, and it will cancel when they become suppressed due to the reduced range it gets. Unless the Grens used sight blockers or heavy cover to get close, in which case it's okay that they can because all HMGs should lose engagements that are unfavorable to them.

Besides, the Maxim's huge crew ensures at least half of them will survive a riflenade. Unless they are all clumped up in yellow cover, but that's a player micro error.

Maxim is not a super survival as many here claim. That case which I described above happens all the time. If we compare the Soviet mortar against MG-42 and the German mortar against Maxim. In most cases, the German mortar will win, and that is with 6 people.
6 May 2019, 12:16 PM

Maxim is not a super survival as many here claim. That case which I described above happens all the time. If we compare the Soviet mortar against MG-42 and the German mortar against Maxim. In most cases, the German mortar will win, and that is with 6 people.

Mortars are intended to counter HMGs, and the Ostheer mortar is intended be slightly better than the Allied counterparts because Ostheer is based around strong support weapons.

What does this have to do riflenades and your claim that supposedly they can be fired against a Maxim in a frontal charge and can wipe out 6 men in one hit? "It happens all the time" is not a valid argument when the stats indicate it shouldn't be the case, unless you can provide us with a bunch of replays that prove otherwise.

It is a stone cold fact that 6 models with the same model HP (80) as the models from a 4 men crew is more survivable against the same type of weapons, in this case grenades, as long as they aren't all bunched up in yellow cover (which again, is in the majority of cases a player micro error).
6 May 2019, 12:55 PM

With more T0 units?

There are plenty of solutions:
Incendiary grenade could have its range reduced and its DOT affect "all in garrison"
Incendiary grenade could become available to SP and doctrinal infatry
Smoke delivery time for Le.ig (and all mortars) could be reduced
Li.eg could be swapped with the GrW43 Mortar
Stuka could changed to fire only 2 incendiary round per barrage and re-balanced
Stuka could be replaced by MHT and re-balanced
VG could get a rifle-grenade upgrade similar to R.E.

and so on...
6 May 2019, 13:35 PM

With more T0 units?

Put the 81mm mortar from the game files into T0 for okw, so that they have an actual mortar. Transform the leig into something useful. Remove flame grenade from volks and add a steilhandgrenade unlock at HQ.
6 May 2019, 13:52 PM

Put the 81mm mortar from the game files into T0 for okw, so that they have an actual mortar. Transform the leig into something useful. Remove flame grenade from volks and add a steilhandgrenade unlock at HQ.

Also add sniper to OKW T0 and move Luchs there too.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★