Login

russian armor

Feedback for New Commander mod 4.0 - OST core changes

PAGES (14)down
12 Apr 2019, 21:29 PM

"Due to recent feedback, the ability is being locked behind the Panzer HQ to solidify the tech bridge between the Tiger and King Tiger.

-Now requires Schwerer Panzer HQ to be called in; previously required all 3 trucks.
-Removed CP requirement."

Ok
Now just do it with litterally any other Heavy Tank.--->fixed a lot of issues
12 Apr 2019, 21:32 PM

Does Soviet AT strafe deal damage to enemy buildings? CAS AT strafe actually does significant damage to brit emplacements. Can Soviet AT strafe be used same way against bunkers and OKW trucks?
ddd
12 Apr 2019, 21:41 PM

I didnt understand at first why you are touching rangers at all with that MP reduction. Now i see that it was just introduction to make rangers into even more generic and lacking squad.

"Rangers are having their received damage modifier removed as no other infantry unit in the game has this trait"

No other infantry squad has insane crit value on their rifles together with ignoring cover and sprint, when are you removing these "traits" from JLI? What a bullcrap argument to make squad with frag as their only "utility" stand out even less.
12 Apr 2019, 22:17 PM

For those who were complaining about IL2 rocket strafe being too powerful
https://youtu.be/LyL1IMidVhE
12 Apr 2019, 22:26 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Apr 2019, 21:41 PMddd
I didnt understand at first why you are touching rangers at all with that MP reduction. Now i see that it was just introduction to make rangers into even more generic and lacking squad.

"Rangers are having their received damage modifier removed as no other infantry unit in the game has this trait"

No other infantry squad has insane crit value on their rifles together with ignoring cover and sprint, when are you removing these "traits" from JLI? What a bullcrap argument to make squad with frag as their only "utility" stand out even less.

Whine much?
JLI have their balance issues but they are completely irrelevant to rangers issues furthermore while JLI are the best snipers around, they are not the only ones to possess this trait,all 5 factions can field a unit that inflicts a death crit one way or another.
12 Apr 2019, 22:30 PM

plz tell me the Radio Bunker is a joke
12 Apr 2019, 22:45 PM

Ostwind changes look promising, but that Ostwind suppression bulletin probably needs to be scrapped if the Ostwind's becoming meta.
12 Apr 2019, 23:00 PM

pgren G43's costing 25 munitions to upgrade makes me nauseous. Please make it either 20 or 30 munitions so I can sleep at night. :guyokay:
13 Apr 2019, 02:04 AM

emmmm...PG still expensive,I got idea....
cost reduce to 280/30,but basic weapon change to AssaultGrenadines’s MP40,after Battle Phase 2 can upgrade 4xSTG44 for 60 ammo,as some commander,also can upgrade G43
I think this change can make G43 upgrade for PG more useful,and have some reasons reduce training and reinforcement cost,also can avoid problem that PG too strong when they face infantry in early time
13 Apr 2019, 07:55 AM

Some thoughts about 4.0:

1. OST core changes:
  • Ostwind buff is fantastic! Yes, i know there are some corrections /"nerfs" coming but the unit has now a real role with strong AI. Support Armor Corps is finally attractive again and OST players get a new option: Ostwind+Stug. Lets not forget that Scavenge doctrine will be a lot more attractive too.
  • I wont say that the last word about Pgrens is already spoken with the 4.0 changes but i absolutely like direction of the patch (earlier arrival+vet1 bonus)

2. New commanders
    Wehrmacht: Strategic reserves
    Observation Bunker
    I appreciate the effort to give Wehrmacht some unique recon option but youre overthinking this with the observation bunker. I tested it yesterday and was not really convinced. I prefer a recon option over FSS, but i would also prefer FSS over observation bunker.
    My advice: Just keep it simple!
  • Replace the observation bunker with the Stuka Smoke Drop. It gives Wehrmacht players a cheap recon option and would have GREAT SYNERGY with the Assgrens and pios armed with satchels.

OKW:
    Who doesnt like the changes to the TigerI?

USF:
    Calliope is really good now and completely destroys blobs. Cover to cover is fun as hell to use. Good job so far.

13 Apr 2019, 09:17 AM

Unless Cruzz stats are wrong..G43 are STILL a plain nerf to Panzergrens, now they are just a cheap nerf..
13 Apr 2019, 09:19 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Apr 2019, 22:17 PMBizrock
For those who were complaining about IL2 rocket strafe being too powerful
https://youtu.be/LyL1IMidVhE

Comparing at strafe vs at/ai strafe. Is also slower than a rocket strafe.
13 Apr 2019, 09:54 AM

Brace yourself for the pzf shreckblob to hell on 4vs4.
13 Apr 2019, 10:20 AM

I can hardly wait for the 4v4 pgrens either. Honestly, there's probably no point building LVs at this point. But that's a problem of its own with team fuel income.

Lienne forest early Pgrens from BP1, too. Oof.
13 Apr 2019, 10:26 AM

Not matter what changes Pgs get their reinforcement time need to go down and in line with other infatry
13 Apr 2019, 12:07 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Apr 2019, 07:55 AMSmartie
Some thoughts about 4.0:
2. New commanders
Wehrmacht: Strategic reserves
Observation Bunker
I appreciate the effort to give Wehrmacht some unique recon option but youre overthinking this with the observation bunker. I tested it yesterday and was not really convinced. I prefer a recon option over FSS, but i would also prefer FSS over observation bunker.
My advice: Just keep it simple!
  • Replace the observation bunker with the Stuka Smoke Drop. It gives Wehrmacht players a cheap recon option and would have GREAT SYNERGY with the Assgrens and pios armed with satchels.

I tested the bunker and it's meh. 300 mp for a bunker that can only give you radio intel in decent area. Flare for 60 ammo has a range of 60 which to use it bunker would have to be build on the front line. Personally i feel it as a useless ability, not to meansion that bunker doesn't really fit the theme of tank reserves. The slot should be filled by the ability that can mainly inpact tanks or even just support infantry. Smartie suggestion sound fair. You can also add:
- radio silence - it fits the theme of tank reserve division that fill the gap on the frontline, makes quick counterattacks etc.
- ambush camouflage - all tanks can use camouflage when they are static (works same as in soviet tank hunter commander). Gives simple buffs in first shot. Again that fit the theme of german tank divisions moving behind the main lines hidden from allies aircraft like in Normandy.

Bunker in current form isn't temping to build in any gamemod.

Another things i notice:
-icon for OKW p4 J available in new commander and basic Ostheer P4G is the same. It wasn't a problem when both tanks where in diffrent factions but now it's confusing. Can be change it and give it a cross symbol on the center of icon like TigerAce has it?
- Pio after breakthrough upgrade can be upgraded with flame or sweeper. Dunno if it's intented. If yes then it makes sense why upgrade doesn't have icon but if not plz give it some sort of symbol.
13 Apr 2019, 12:23 PM

Comparing at strafe vs at/ai strafe. Is also slower than a rocket strafe.

It seems he als only strafes the vehicles from the rear. Frontal armor provides a better defense against the strafe of course.
13 Apr 2019, 14:07 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Apr 2019, 10:26 AMVipper
Not matter what changes Pgs get their reinforcement time need to go down and in line with other infatry

I wonder if it's possible to tune their reinforcement time to be quicker from a halftrack (maybe tied to their vet 1?) could be neat while also maintaining a sort of punishment for taking losses while they are coming earlier.
13 Apr 2019, 14:10 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Apr 2019, 12:07 PMStark

I tested the bunker and it's meh. 300 mp for a bunker that can only give you radio intel in decent area. Flare for 60 ammo has a range of 60 which to use it bunker would have to be build on the front line. Personally i feel it as a useless ability, not to meansion that bunker doesn't really fit the theme of tank reserves. The slot should be filled by the ability that can mainly inpact tanks or even just support infantry. Smartie suggestion sound fair. You can also add:
- radio silence - it fits the theme of tank reserve division that fill the gap on the frontline, makes quick counterattacks etc.
- ambush camouflage - all tanks can use camouflage when they are static (works same as in soviet tank hunter commander). Gives simple buffs in first shot. Again that fit the theme of german tank divisions moving behind the main lines hidden from allies aircraft like in Normandy.

Bunker in current form isn't temping to build in any gamemod.

Another things i notice:
-icon for OKW p4 J available in new commander and basic Ostheer P4G is the same. It wasn't a problem when both tanks where in diffrent factions but now it's confusing. Can be change it and give it a cross symbol on the center of icon like TigerAce has it?
- Pio after breakthrough upgrade can be upgraded with flame or sweeper. Dunno if it's intented. If yes then it makes sense why upgrade doesn't have icon but if not plz give it some sort of symbol.

Since the radio intercept is kinda bugged for audio on Ost maybe slap that into the observation bunker as well with the text info. Sure you gotta build it instead of a passive like the Soviet but it would fit into the bunker theme and really make it attractive.
13 Apr 2019, 14:26 PM
Patrion 26

I'm really surprised at how one sided this patch is.

We have two axis commanders that are incredibly strong, and will make 3v3 and 4v4 matches even more toxic, thanks to the addition of a new kind of shrek blob and heavy tanks.

Meanwhile At best we have one half decent UKF commander (swap the M5 for a Stuart or M8 already, no one is going to bother with the M5), a weak commander for the US (swap dozer blade for easy8 or 76mm) and a Soviet commander that has no decent late game AT options, which means it will never be a viable choice for any serious players.

On top of that vanilla axis units are getting buffed, but no allied ones, which makes the patch smack of axis bias.
Especially with all the constructive feedback for the allied commanders being ignored.

I'm really dissapointed, especially if this is being made by the same team that made the previous patch, which was so much better than this.
PAGES (14)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight