Login

russian armor

Feedback for New Commander mod 4.0 - OST core changes

PAGES (14)down
13 Apr 2019, 19:36 PM

... what more did you expect from a 100 munitions ability? Throw 3 grenades and let us know how much damage that did for roughly the same cost.

Major arty does more

Two satchels does more

A demo charge does more

Why the hell would you use grenades as a yardstick
13 Apr 2019, 19:37 PM

IL-2 Rocket strafe have nevet been good enough.

You ascended the mere fanboyness to become something more..complaining even about non existant stuff being UP
13 Apr 2019, 19:40 PM

Major arty does more

Two satchels does more

A demo charge does more

Why the hell would you use grenades as a yardstick

Because all those things you mention are specifically designed to deal damage to buildings.

The IL-2 rocket strafe is designed to deal damage to vehicles and moderately to infantry.

Just like grenades are designed to deal damage to other things. Might as well complain the StuG G's main gun isn't dealing enough damage to infantry and therefor it sucks as a vehicle, or that the Ostwind is bad because it doesn't deal damage to heavy tanks.
13 Apr 2019, 19:41 PM

Miragefla seems to think this commander is already too good, thats the only realistic reason for not replacing this ability by something actually useful. The issue here isnt rocket strafe, it's balance team with their unconventional ideas about commander balance aka sprinting fusiliers with schrecks and 6 man assgrens
13 Apr 2019, 19:53 PM

Because all those things you mention are specifically designed to deal damage to buildings

Bullshit design revisionism

Arty strikes deal damage to everything

Satchels deal damage to everything

Demo charges deal damage to everything

High explosive orddanance attacks damage everything. Saying it's an AT strafe so it shouldn't hurt anything else is grasping and you should have the awareness to recognize that.
13 Apr 2019, 19:56 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Apr 2019, 19:41 PMKirrik
Miragefla seems to think this commander is already too good, thats the only realistic reason for not replacing this ability by something actually useful. The issue here isnt rocket strafe, it's balance team with their unconventional ideas about commander balance aka sprinting fusiliers with schrecks and 6 man assgrens

Ah, did you watch any test matches?
T-34 ram+IL-Strafe is super strong and took out mulitple tigers in a high level game!

And about 6 men Assgrens: upgrade cost 60 mun, comes after teching for battlephase 2 and the unit is still worse than soviet Shocks! I mean what do you want=? Assgrens sucked for years and now after some minor buffs they are finally useful and you still complain.
13 Apr 2019, 19:59 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Apr 2019, 19:56 PMSmartie

T-34 ram+IL-Strafe is super strong and took out mulitple tigers in a high level game!

And about 6 men Assgrens: upgrade cost 60 mun, comes after teching for battlephase 2 and the unit is still worse than soviet Shocks! I mean what do you want=? Assgrens sucked for years and now after some minor buffs they are finally useful and you still complain.

Shocks dont sprint, Shocks dont have grenade assault, Shocks dont come out at CP0

Ram + strafe is stupid gimmick that works only if enemy misplays on small maps it is useless on large map with plane delay and PTAB and bombing run can do *exactly* same thing but they dont do 35% damage to tiger, they would kill it outright
13 Apr 2019, 20:06 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Apr 2019, 19:59 PMKirrik

Shocks dont sprint, Shocks dont have grenade assault, Shocks dont come out at CP0

• Assgrens need sprint, thats the only way they can win engagements (if not hidden behinmd sightblockers)
  • Shocks have smoke grenade and their standard grenade is much better to wipe weapon teams

But i dont want to continue this comparison.
    What i really would like to know is what do you want to change in Soviet Airbore. I concentrated on my wehr commander and did not check the soviet thread a lot. Maybe you could summarize 4-5 feedback ideas here.

13 Apr 2019, 20:17 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Apr 2019, 20:06 PMSmartie

• Assgrens need sprint, thats the only way they can win engagements (if not hidden behinmd sightblockers)
  • Shocks have smoke grenade and their standard grenade is much better to wipe weapon teams

But i dont want to continue this comparison.
    What i really would like to know is what do you want to change in Soviet Airbore. I concentrated on my wehr commander and did not check the soviet thread a lot. Maybe you could summarize 4-5 feedback ideas here.

Assgrens cant have their 6 man and their vet bonuses/abilities, thats ridiculous considering once vetted even barmen and rangers can get wrecked by them and those are some of the best cqc infantries in game aside of shocks on allied side

As for Soviet commander - it literally Shock Army 2.0

PPSh cons = SVT cons
120mm = DShK
Shocks = Guards
ML-20 < FRP
Loiter >>> Rocket strafe

And the funniest thing is that Shock Army isnt even good, its way too focused on infantry at expence of late game which make it weak compared to common meta commanders, even though it has one of the best skillplane abilities. Which is exactly why I dont understand how the heck could someone say that Sovbourne is okay or even too good. It's second rate at best in it's current state.
13 Apr 2019, 20:20 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Apr 2019, 19:56 PMSmartie

Great idea: spend 300 man power, 90 fuel + 100 ammunition to try to destroy the tank.
I would prefer to spend 180 ammunition on the PTAB bombs that will cause damage to the tank, stun it and I can spin and destroy the tank with the same T-34
13 Apr 2019, 20:24 PM

Great idea: spend 300 man power, 90 fuel + 100 ammunition to try to destroy the tank.
I would prefer to spend 180 ammunition on the PTAB bombs that will cause damage to the tank, stun it and I can spin and destroy the tank with the same T-34

Dude, Luvnest DID destroy 1 Tiger and 1 Tiger Ace with that combo! 300 man power, 90 fuel + 100 ammunition is definitely worth the cost if you destroy a 800 MP /250 fuel tank.

13 Apr 2019, 20:26 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Apr 2019, 20:24 PMSmartie

Dude, Luvnest DID destroy 1 Tiger and 1 Tiger Ace with that combo! 300 man power, 90 fuel + 100 ammunition is definitely worth the cost if you destroy a 800 MP /250 fuel tank.

No he didnt. AT guns and tank destroyers did 3/4 of that.
Not even mentioning sacrificial T-34s
13 Apr 2019, 20:28 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Apr 2019, 20:24 PMSmartie

Thanks, use it yourself. I can destroy Tigris with the PTAB + SU-85. It will cost me only 180 ammunition, for me my units are not cannon fodder and almost all my units have three veterans in the end of the match.
13 Apr 2019, 21:12 PM

So I managed to actually get some games in (v3 and v4) and uhh... yeah I am not happy with the new commanders for the general state of the game.

I think I actively dislike _all_ of them, and particularly the overarching theme of "lend-lease" or whatever you want to call the factions becoming more similar.

I think we'd be better off just rebalancing currently existing commanders to be less butts.

Oh well.
13 Apr 2019, 21:22 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Apr 2019, 20:17 PMKirrik

As for Soviet commander - it literally Shock Army 2.0

PPSh cons = SVT cons
120mm = DShK
Shocks = Guards
ML-20 < FRP
Loiter >>> Rocket strafe

Bit of a stretch there...
Most commanders have call in units and off maps. You can't just equate one to another like that.

And it's not even an honest comparison... Like... SVTs can be put on more than just cons, the guards are FAR different than any other infantry with an off map as a vet ability and flexibility of upgrade paths and the frp definitely has appeal over the ml20. How many times have you managed to retreat to an ml20? Or have an ml20 heal your infantry? Or reinforced from an ml-20?

This is a horrible comparison not even bothering to think that "maybe people aside from myself may find these unique traits useful" christ.
13 Apr 2019, 21:46 PM

Patch notes for Stug III G:

-Target size from 20 to 17
-Rotation rate from 22 to 28

I understand the idea but I don't think it is a good idea to pit the Stug against a much more expensive T4 allied TDs (tech + individual cost). You are messing with the T3 tank balance. The direct comparison should be M10. Both are cheap, have same health and same range. M10 has higher mobility and turret but lower armor and penetration. In addition it already has higher target size than Stug (22>20), so where do you see its survivability? Don't mind the buff of the rotation speed but setting Stugs target size to 17 really plays with this balance, especially as you plan to add the M10 to the UKF roster too... so don't add M10 to UKF roster just to make it obsolete on two factions. A doctrinal unit should be just a little bit more powerful or versatile than a stock unit and not vice versa.

So just don't touch Stug without touching M10 which has no range advantage and has the same problems as Stug please.
13 Apr 2019, 22:54 PM

Bit of a stretch there...
Most commanders have call in units and off maps. You can't just equate one to another like that.

And it's not even an honest comparison... Like... SVTs can be put on more than just cons, the guards are FAR different than any other infantry with an off map as a vet ability and flexibility of upgrade paths and the frp definitely has appeal over the ml20. How many times have you managed to retreat to an ml20? Or have an ml20 heal your infantry? Or reinforced from an ml-20?

This is a horrible comparison not even bothering to think that "maybe people aside from myself may find these unique traits useful" christ.

I literally pointed out that FRP is better than howitzer in my post, but that it's not enough to deem commander too powerful and give it joke of an offmap. Other stuff is perfrectly comparable - a weapon upgrade for conscripts, elite anti-infantry unit and a premium support weapon. Shock Army is not meta in any game mode because it is too infantry/support weapon focused, even though it has il-2 loiter for endgame which is obviously far better than what Sovbourne has now.
13 Apr 2019, 23:09 PM

Will there be a better model for the observation bunker? If you want, I can make a better one.
14 Apr 2019, 00:16 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Apr 2019, 22:54 PMKirrik

I literally pointed out that FRP is better than howitzer in my post, but that it's not enough to deem commander too powerful and give it joke of an offmap. Other stuff is perfrectly comparable - a weapon upgrade for conscripts, elite anti-infantry unit and a premium support weapon. Shock Army is not meta in any game mode because it is too infantry/support weapon focused, even though it has il-2 loiter for endgame which is obviously far better than what Sovbourne has now.

Its a weak upgrade for cons and engies and potentially penals.
Also DSHK =/= 120mm yes they are both premium weapons but equating an MG to a mortar is.... Questionable at best. They fill completely different roles.
The commanders have different strengths entirely. Airborne has a very strong anti infantry focus with constant pressure where shock army is very much for smashing enemy strong points with overwhelming firepower.

They both take very different approaches to killing the enemy.
14 Apr 2019, 00:49 AM
Donator 11

Is it possible to buff the mg bunker and repair bunker for defensive commander? They are ridiculously expensive not worth the manpower. 300 MP would be enough since they also cost pop. I have never seen anyone build a single bunker so far. Also the repair bunker should have 4 repair pioneers since 2 repairs so slowly it is never worth building.
PAGES (14)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS