Login

russian armor

New Commander Info: Creator Proposals and Discussion

13 Mar 2019, 19:09 PM

I made a couple of changes to the Ostheer doctrine shown in bold. I added Assault Grens as that was mentioned that they might be included in this doctrine. Not sure my suggestion is the best way to go about it though (veteran squad leader). Adding another squad member increases the unit's ability to survive but the unit would still be weak (susceptible to incoming fire). The concern would be, what weapon do you give the squad leader because another mp40 would probably be too op. Perhaps a G43? As a result of having stronger Assault Grens, I changed the ability from 2 cp to 3 cp. Maybe you don't even add another soldier to the squad, but instead, increase unit health or decrease received accuracy for a munitions/fuel cost.

Alternative approach to adding more utility to assault grens: give them the Blendkorper Grenade that okw has. Have it unlockable with Battle Phase 1 like their other grenade. They don't already have smoke, and that would help deal with early vehicle (bren carrier/jeep) since they don't have AT capabilities.

I was working on this before I saw the recent posts and I agree if the PIV upgrade was included into the Extra Training, then you could leave Radio Intercept in.
13 Mar 2019, 19:19 PM

PLEASE, no more commanders. For the love of everything that is holy. Stop ruining the game by introducing/reworking more and more gimmicky and cheesy BS into the game.
13 Mar 2019, 20:15 PM
Senior Editor Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Mar 2019, 16:32 PMSmartie

Why build a Luchs that comes a lot later?

For better survivability and you can put different abilities in this new wher PII like cammo or vehicle detection or radio net or smoke and etc.

13 Mar 2019, 21:34 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Mar 2019, 17:38 PMVipper
it not the tiger that needs a buff its the allied TDs that need a nerf.
If we dont want fix usf again i suggest buff tiger because jackson vs panther is quite good balanced i think . Seriously usf is very vulnerable because jackson is evrything they have for late game. So if u are smart and i know u are u dont want mess again with usf when they finnaly fix it. Its so much easier to buff tiger and actually i think its needed maybe hp to 1400? Because as we all see best for heavy tanks is not armor but hp this is the reason why churchill is so good.

Anyway i really like all ideas for commanders especially soldier suggest for brits its the best i think.
13 Mar 2019, 22:11 PM

Awwh i came back too late to suggest my own :(
14 Mar 2019, 01:01 AM
Senior Editor Badge

Another one, now for Brits Lend Lease Assault Regiment:

Use the Airland Officer unit from Vanguard Commander with Thompsons

14 Mar 2019, 01:48 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Mar 2019, 19:19 PMGiaA
PLEASE, no more commanders. For the love of everything that is holy. Stop ruining the game by introducing/reworking more and more gimmicky and cheesy BS into the game.

Seems a little late to voice this at this time. They announced new commanders back in October I think. Besides, I enjoy the changes new commanders make to the game, despite any cheese. It changes up a routine for me & forces me to consider alternative strategies - though only half worked lol. God, Elite Troops was truly OP in its hayday...I remember vetting up a new P4 to V3 and just murdering enemy tanks/troops.

I personally hope that Assgrens get put into Grand Offensive instead of PF's. They need the rework anyways. I hope the Tiger Ace is truly reworked as well.
14 Mar 2019, 04:03 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Mar 2019, 19:19 PMGiaA

New Content keeps people interested, people being interested keeps the game supported and a game that is supported keeps getting patches. Some people will pay money for these and that means it's not bleeding money being supported. This is good assuming they are smart with the commanders they release.
14 Mar 2019, 07:25 AM

Imo many of these doctrine ideas are bit too callin heavy. Having both assault engineers and rangers in the same doctrine would overlap and throwing tank in a mix would not help. I think we should have somekind of agreement how many call in units these new commanders can have. I would say 2 is good number.
14 Mar 2019, 09:37 AM

This thread is the ultimate bias detector. People are complainting about something isnt even implemented in the game yet.

To OP, nice thread, i really like to have all the new possible commanders al tidy and easy to know and maybe know why they won in the first place.
As for example, UKF commander won since it has a mobile mortar option, for USF is a bit more complex.
Axis commanders are the most extravagant, many commander tanks ideas. The only thing that catched my eye was the Tiger I Ace rework, and maybe the grand offensive for OKM that places a strong sinergy on the unit abilites rather than a broad spectrum of not so much related abilities.

I hope the new patch to bring fresh content, new strategies and more fun for a game that the community has kept up.

I would like to say that that i liked crexas aport of USF urban assault commander. And for OKM grand offensive, Pfusil can be a way out to finally put volks in a safe place, with proper nerf/buff to all mainlines inf
14 Mar 2019, 10:50 AM

About Kpen's proposal I think it would be the best if it had a normal Tiger call-in that gets buffed for Ostheer as well.

No more command tank cheese pls

Especially that OKW already has Command Panther, there is no need for another aura call-in unit. Although on the other hand it would be good that OKW Tiger would be diffrent that ostheer version. It doesn't have to be better or worse - just diffrent role on the field. For example OKW version should be more tanky, focused in breaking enemy defensive lines where command Tiger should be more supportive, focused on mainly long range fights.

Another fact is that I assume that TigerAce gonna be revamped into the Command Tiger tank (another overlap with ostheer faction). Of course unless it will be replaced by King Tiger.

It's a hard job for balanceteam - to make 2 diffrent Tigers I from currently existing.

I would suggest a list of abilities for new Tigers that could be used(seperate for each):
1. camouflage - tank is invisible while is stationary. First shot gives extra penetration, accuracy maybe damage.
2. critical repair - same as in EliteArmor
3. MG42 or TankCommander upgrade - again, same as in Elite Armor doctrine,
4. Smoke shells - can drop smoke shell like sherman tank or fire smoke round as UKF can,
5. AI round - can fire AntyInfantry shells in period of time (or single shell). Larger AoE and it can suppress surrounding infantry (but make less damage),
6. KingTiger vet3 ability (sorry but forgot the name) - extra reload but cannot rotate the turret more than 90 degree,
7. Target Weakpoint - disable the turret of enemy vehicule,
8. Inspiration - temporary increase the stats of surrounding units - for example reload and speed or maybe reduces reciving accuracy. Aura of command tank becomes a free BUT time ability - sort of like commisar has it now,

14 Mar 2019, 11:01 AM

The OKW Grand Offensive commander is pretty ridiculous. It will make tanks easily able to counter tank destroyers, their hard counter. I can only imagine the giant cheese of blitzkrieging, HEAT shell shooting, aura buffed heavy tanks rushing allied armor.

Thus, my suggestions are:
> Remove the blitzkrieg ability from the offensive package. Most tanks already have it as a vet ability anyway.
> Remove the commander aura from Tiger, just a common Tiger is good enough.
> Trade the HEAT shells for the Breakthrough's Assault Artillery or Luftwaffe's Valiant Assault. This will make the doctrine more offensive oriented while keeping the HEAT shells exclusive of the Elite Armor commander (which it should be, since it's such a strong ability).

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Mar 2019, 19:01 PMSmartie

Edit:
@Ethereal Dragon: About Tiger Ace
I know that my suggested Tiger Ace is probably too strong (it is). I just wanted to lay the ground for a constructive discussion and if i look at your post i would say it paid off:) Really good suggestions, im really looking forward to the official feedback process. If guys like yourself, Lago, Stark and others will continue to give this kind of feedback Wehrmacht players will get a relly good commander.

Keep in mind that commanders listed above are barely a sketch of what we can get. So the main product you will get can be tooootally diffrent that what is proposed. We, as a community, decided in what direction of the new commander and on what should be focusing on but there is nowhere written than Kpen's or Smarties proposal are final.

And i can ensure that there is no way that we will get HEAT round, breakthrough and commandTiger with aura in same commander.

Be patience and let's just wait. Before the release we will get mod to test all commanders
14 Mar 2019, 11:23 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Mar 2019, 10:50 AMStark

Especially that OKW already has Command Panther, there is no need for another aura call-in unit. Although on the other hand it would be good that OKW Tiger would be diffrent that ostheer version. It doesn't have to be better or worse - just diffrent role on the field. For example OKW version should be more tanky, focused in breaking enemy defensive lines where command Tiger should be more supportive, focused on mainly long range fights.

Another fact is that I assume that TigerAce gonna be revamped into the Command Tiger tank (another overlap with ostheer faction). Of course unless it will be replaced by King Tiger.

It's a hard job for balanceteam - to make 2 diffrent Tigers I from currently existing.

I would suggest a list of abilities for new Tigers (seperate for each):
1. camouflage - tank is invisible while is stationary. First shot gives extra penetration, accuracy maybe damage.
2. critical repair - same as in EliteArmor
3. MG42 or TankCommander upgrade - again, same as in Elite Armor doctrine,
4. Smoke shells - can drop smoke shell like sherman tank or fire smoke round as UKF can,
5. AI round - can fire AntyInfantry shells in period of time. Larger AoE and it can suppress surrounding infantry (but make less damage),
6. KingTiger vet3 ability (sorry but forgot the name) - extra reload but cannot rotate the turret more than 90 degree,
7. Target Weakpoint - disable the turret of enemy vehicule,
8. Inspiration - temporary increase the stats of surrounding units - for example reload and speed or maybe reduces reciving accuracy. Aura of command tank becomes a free BUT time ability - sort of like commisar has it now,

Really like the camo idea as tigers were basically snipers, and the AI round too but I'd change it to one shot. Idk about the rest though, might end up being a bit op.
14 Mar 2019, 11:41 AM

axis new commander is literally "greedy"

UKF new commander is good

USF new commander is boring
USF has nothing new when other factions have something new
Maybe USF new commander need more redesign and put some new one

soviet new commander is....who made this? seriously?

3cp airborne ppsh guard? have u ever seen soviet players using assault guard?

yep, no one use this shit

if airborne guard can equip 2 dp-28, 4 ppsh will be a hindrance

The airborne guard is the wrong unit from the design.

I'm more worried than happy to see the new commanders.
14 Mar 2019, 11:55 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Mar 2019, 11:41 AMblancat

Should have submitted an interesting commander for USF then. And soviet airborne guards will apparently have 3 DP's.
14 Mar 2019, 12:08 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Mar 2019, 11:55 AMFarlon

Should have submitted an interesting commander for USF then. And soviet airborne guards will apparently have 3 DP's.

i submitted my suggestion but my suggestion was ignored by strumtiger and he mixed up all the suggestions

The fact that there is no new element in the new USF command means that he haven't had enough thought about it

What are the factors that USF doesn't have?
Wouldn't this make the strategy more diverse?

The current USF new commander is just a mix of elements from other companies

And 3 dp?

i dont know what is airborne guard's concept

"superior OP infantry"? rear infiltration infantry?

why airborne guard need 3 dp? Does the element highlight the characteristics of the airborne guard?

I think it's an "Elite Infantry," so it's like putting an OP element in anything

Think about JLI
It's a monster created by the vague idea of "elite infantry."

Such vague thoughts ruin the game

Create a variety of abilities for diverse strategy
Don't create a higher level of compatibility.

If you don't know the difference between the two, you can't make a new commander.
14 Mar 2019, 14:28 PM

You have to remember nothing is set in stone yet, and that community feedback will be the the main driving force to build these commanders. All the polls did was allowed for the community to kind of point the balance team in the direction of type of gameplay they would want.

As for the Assault Guards, the problem we currently have with them is they are tied to a half track with their call-in ability, so that’s why you rarely see them. Also for Airborne Guards they should be sort of along the lines as the US Paratroopers, where they can either get a SMG package upgrade or 2 LMGs.
14 Mar 2019, 14:32 PM

I think the DP-27 will be available only with the Mosin paratrooper rifle / carbine (which should be more accurate and quick-firing than the conscript Mosin, because of the paratrooper training) or SVT-40 (because the paratroopers had a lot of SVT-40), and PPSh-41 update not compatible with the DP-27 and will replace rifles.
14 Mar 2019, 14:37 PM

They look interesting to say the least.

Not a fan of adding another command tank with aura buff though.
14 Mar 2019, 14:39 PM

I think the DP-27 will be available only with the Mosin paratrooper rifle / carbine (which should be more accurate and quick-firing than the conscript Mosin, because of the paratrooper training) or SVT-40 (because the paratroopers had a lot of SVT-40), and PPSh-41 update not compatible with the DP-27 and will replace rifles.

Kind of what I was thinking, essentially use the US Paratroopers as an example, Airborne Guards start off with SVTs and can upgrade to a PPSH SMG package or two DP LMGs.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★