Login

russian armor

USF players, how are you finding the new Tech Revamp?

13 Dec 2018, 21:11 PM

Oh I missed that in the notes, I like that change a lot. Do you agree about the airborne drop being merged?

You are welcomed.

Well they are a bit weird and rather expensive compared to other similar abilities like the UKF (which is probably OP) or the Osttruppen one and rather close to paratroopers ATG drop while inferior.

Not sure what a good solution would be. We probably have to see how good USF currently are.

"Air Resupply Operation

-Cost from 150 munitions to 100 manpower and 75 munitions
-Vickers HMG replaced by M1 81mm Mortar; same version used by the USF."
13 Dec 2018, 21:35 PM
Director of Moderation Badge

Invised a post for being disrespectful to devs.
13 Dec 2018, 22:22 PM
Patrion 14

I haven't played too much but the change I do not like is the captain gaining access to a bar upgrade. It goes against all logic since

1) the stated reason for giving the Lt a zook and no bar upgrade was that it would allow snowballing too much due to the power spike created by the bar on the early Lt (and the light vehicles). However, the Cpt comes in at the exact same time as an Lt would, so it makes no sense that the unit would get it, when the Lt does not
2) the Cpt is the only unit that gets specific veterancy bonuses with regards to the bazooka, the bar upgrade therefore goes completely against the units intended role

I am fine with the Lt change with the reasons stated in the patch notes, but it is those very reasons that would forbid the change to the captain in addition to the fact that it goes against the unit's role.
13 Dec 2018, 23:13 PM

Nowadays most people used to put BAR on the Captain anyway, due to the lack of AI in the old tier, no reason not to get it because you do reload the BAR often enough.
14 Dec 2018, 03:20 AM

I haven't played too much but the change I do not like is the captain gaining access to a bar upgrade. It goes against all logic since

1) the stated reason for giving the Lt a zook and no bar upgrade was that it would allow snowballing too much due to the power spike created by the bar on the early Lt (and the light vehicles). However, the Cpt comes in at the exact same time as an Lt would, so it makes no sense that the unit would get it, when the Lt does not
2) the Cpt is the only unit that gets specific veterancy bonuses with regards to the bazooka, the bar upgrade therefore goes completely against the units intended role

I am fine with the Lt change with the reasons stated in the patch notes, but it is those very reasons that would forbid the change to the captain in addition to the fact that it goes against the unit's role.

Because if you go Cpt first, your defensive tech doesn't allow you to snowball, thus it's ok for the Captain squad itself to be strong. In addition, vanilla Cpt squad is weaker than vanilla Lt squad.

14 Dec 2018, 05:42 AM

I like tech change. It allows for more flexible builds, so u don't need to sacrifice resources just to get AT gun for example.

The only thing i wonder how to use is stuart. vs LVs it's better to take some bazookas, vs mediums - ATg or wait for jackson. And vs infantry u can wait ages for stuart to hit somtthing.
14 Dec 2018, 06:49 AM

When I heard about the reworking of the USA, I thought - oh, maybe these useless Leutinant and Captain could finally be removed. The US faction is already based on infantry and I don’t need extra infantrymen. But no, they are still here.
14 Dec 2018, 08:34 AM

The changes are absolute fucking trash. The game is by far worse off. Usf did not need double mgs incorporated into there build.This is not a balance complaint, rather just an immense dislike to the direction that this game is being taken. Seriously, next patch just delete a couple of factions because they are coming identical.
14 Dec 2018, 09:07 AM

It's mostly because now the Lt gets access to fast HMG. Having BAR Lt would have risked a strong AI build coupled with strong suppression around 4-5 minute mark to completely shut down the Axis player. Especially with the Lt's offensive light vehicles straight after.

The Lt/Cpt veterancy is probably just an oversight.
14 Dec 2018, 10:33 AM

After some games, I'll say the Lt with Zook is more a buff than a nerf: you got the HMG and can stop a Lv that tries to flank it. This goes very well vs the new OKW 221.
Design team just need to adjust vet with the change.
14 Dec 2018, 12:00 PM

I am pleased that USF now has access to all of their team weapons at reasonable cost/timing. I figured I would probably just get both officers every game, but I've found that strategy to be quite manpower intensive.

I'm not thrilled about the last minute change swapping the bazooka around between the two officers, but as somebody else mentioned, considering the rest of the tier it may be a benefit.

I'm looking forward to testing out different build orders and strategies in the coming weeks to see if I can find anything I like to use that involves unlocking just one of the two buildings entirely.
16 Dec 2018, 19:42 PM

Ok I must admit I like new USF tech tree
16 Dec 2018, 21:04 PM

I think the new tech tree is wonderful. All three main tech paths (full lt, full captain, and double officer) seem pretty viable and versatile, with both ai and at options. Also, double officer + one full unlock (if, say, you want a 50 cal and a pack howi) is also pretty reasonably priced.
16 Dec 2018, 21:34 PM

I am noob and only have a small number of 1v1 games as USF so far. And I am having trouble getting a good groove going since the change :P

With that said, I really like the new USF change. My meta before was rifles-> LT -> Sherman. It was mostly fixed. If I deviated from this it was because I was losing and was not prepared for what was killing me. And if I deviated from this to respond to something, I pretty much already lost because of the change in timings.

Now however, I feel USF can respond better to more circumstances. The Zook LT lets you deal with light vehicles if they are not devastating you. If they are, tech the stuart to save your ass. Or tech more zooks for REs etc.

If your lagging and expect a lot of tanks soon, tech CAPT and get AT guns. If you start getting blobbed make the half track.

USF really feels like you have way more options. This helps in many ways:
- Game is not as stale.
- Makes more commanders viable.
- Gives more possible meme strats.

16 Dec 2018, 21:46 PM
Developer Relic Badge

The changes are absolute fucking trash. The game is by far worse off. Usf did not need double mgs incorporated into there build.This is not a balance complaint, rather just an immense dislike to the direction that this game is being taken. Seriously, next patch just delete a couple of factions because they are coming identical.

How is USF identical to the others? They always had the .50cal and their tiers still differ from their counterparts in terms of unit line up and performance.
17 Dec 2018, 00:50 AM

How is USF identical to the others? They always had the .50cal and their tiers still differ from their counterparts in terms of unit line up and performance.

It isn't, and this patch didn't make it any more like any of the others. All it did was make it easier to get both mg's and antitank guns without having a lot more squads than wanted and without delaying Major a lot. It also gives three viable tech paths, depending on the situation. As someone who likes to play USF, I like the patch.

If I had any complaints, it would be that I'd rather the fuel cost for the first two officers be 30 and the 10 fuel added to Major. I often end up floating MP before the first officer.

PS - I think that unlocking all tiers should give USF access to the Pershing, similar to how OKW gets the KT. It really needs a damage sponge on a lot of maps.
17 Dec 2018, 02:48 AM
Patrion 14

I find it good
17 Dec 2018, 12:58 PM

I find that the tech change has made USF incredibly competitive, which is excellent for the competitive 1v1 mode.

In fact, I now find USF difficult to deal with as OKW and OKW easy to deal with when I play USF. It has simply turned the whole matchup on its head.

Sherman rush is very viable because you're not defenseless like in the past - you have both hmg and AT gun easily available.

None of the tiers make you vulnerable - LT used to get raped by Luchs and Captain used to get raped by infantry, which was the key turning point in the previous matchup - early game pressure into a mid-game snowball that prevented the USF late game from materialising.

Now LT has zook + stuart to counter Luchs and 50 cal for infantry.
Captain has BAR + AAHT to deal with infantry and has AT gun for LVs.

I actually dislike the Commander changes but that's not the point of this thread. Thumbs up for the USF tech revamp in my book!
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★