Login

russian armor

USF players, how are you finding the new Tech Revamp?

13 Dec 2018, 03:45 AM

Can't say I like the Bar transfer from the Lt to the Cpt and costing muni on top of it. It removes the USF ability to be all-in offensive in the infantry war, and together with it, some of the faction's unique strength and feel.
A big reason I like to play USF is that they can be in the driving seat right from the infantry phase. Back in CoH 1, it's the fast BAR with 4 Rifle squad to sweep enemy infantry off the map. In CoH 2, it's the fast Bar from tough Lt squad that (to a lesser extent) achieves this effect.
With this change however, USF can no longer do that. You basically have to go for Light Vehicle if you want to be on the offensive, just like... everyone else. If you go Captain, you have the Bar (for a muni cost) but then the rest of the tech is purely defensive which is counter-productive to this game plan.
I feel like USF has lost a part of its unique appeal and identity with this tech change.
13 Dec 2018, 04:13 AM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

You still have the thompson on the LT, it's better than every other squad at the time. The LT or CPT comes out even faster now than before.
13 Dec 2018, 04:51 AM

Not a fan.

Cool that they're making changes but there was nothing wrong with USF tech structure.
13 Dec 2018, 07:23 AM

I don’t like fuel investments . M20 cool that cost 240. But still cost 75 ammo upgrade. Now if u wanna have it Comes out later due to fuel investment. So have no gap time before 222 appearance.
Stuart deployment cost 20 + 70 fuel and the thing as it was is good only to counter vehical . Whereas 222 and pz2 do serious damage to infantry.

Airborne : all weapons drop cost ammo 50 and 60 yes ! It’s cheaper in therms of mp. but I don’t like it.
Airborne in total REALLY HEAVY INVESTMENT OF AMMO and this is very bad.
Commander became not attractive anymore.
13 Dec 2018, 07:28 AM

MORON "community group" spoils airborne company

Useless 2 skill(50cal, 57mm drop) still in here and there will be no hope

And USF still have so many shit units and commanders

When they are revamped? 1 or 2 years later? lol

"community group that have friendship with lelic" dont know what is USF promblem

because they dont play USF

13 Dec 2018, 07:31 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Dec 2018, 07:28 AMblancat

"community group that have friendship with lelic" dont know what is USF promblem

Any and all patches come from Relic. If you have a problem with someone blame Relic.

In addition you should be more thankful to people who have used their time to improve a game by fixing a very large number of bugs.
13 Dec 2018, 07:53 AM

It actually feels really weird for me now, after i got around 60 matches with USF before patch. Rush into capitan ->2 at -> Jackson spam was nobrainer for me, and when yesterday i saw, that i cannot get bazooka on my capitan, i was... surprised, to say the least.

Yet there were lots of complains, about how bad USF teching is, but now it feels even more clunky for me - got to re-learn all timings.
Good thing thou, is that now officers can get to field quickly and you can afford both of them even if rushing for 4 tier, and two most key uints - MG and AT-gun - are more avaliable. Didn't manage to get lots of matches yesterday - BugSplat gods must be hating me - so still don't have any strict opinion.
13 Dec 2018, 08:02 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Dec 2018, 07:59 AMblancat

Why am i thx to them?

Because the MOD team who are people out side Relic have fixed a very large number of bugs
13 Dec 2018, 08:07 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Dec 2018, 08:02 AMVipper

Because the MOD team who are people out side Relic have fixed a very large number of bugs

Yep, so called "amateur" job

Relic dont use their employee for coh2

because they are all in AOE4 ^^
13 Dec 2018, 08:09 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Dec 2018, 08:07 AMblancat

Well if you think you can do a better job go ahead, no one is stopping you.
13 Dec 2018, 08:14 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Dec 2018, 07:28 AMblancat

Having a nonbroken tech structure> one commander

Also this patch went from Heavy Cav every game to 3-4 viable/strong commander choices.

Its also quite amusing to say the community group doesn't play USF when most of them are top 1v1/2v2 players with all factions.
13 Dec 2018, 08:26 AM

Having a nonbroken tech structure> one commander

Also this patch went from Heavy Cav every game to 3-4 viable/strong commander choices.

Its also quite amusing to say the community group doesn't play USF when most of them are top 1v1/2v2 players with all factions.

SO why they dont care about USF shit units and commanders?

for waiting next revamp patch? beacause it will be some "contents"?

if they are really play USF, they will not let go these patch note

And plz nerf fucking OP spamming guard rifle and buff cons

All soviet is spamming guard and guard again

or they dont know what is OP and problem?

13 Dec 2018, 09:09 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Dec 2018, 08:26 AMblancat

SO why they dont care about USF shit units and commanders?

for waiting next revamp patch? beacause it will be some "contents"?

if they are really play USF, they will not let go these patch note

And plz nerf fucking OP spamming guard rifle and buff cons

All soviet is spamming guard and guard again

or they dont know what is OP and problem?

USF has since the last patch very good commanders. If you think that they are shit, maybe you should think again (maybe something or some one else is shit).
13 Dec 2018, 09:15 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Dec 2018, 07:59 AMblancat
Look at these bugs
17pd bug - target size 40->0, really? 17pd have brace and now only deal with explosive skill

This explains you don't really know anything about the details of the game. Maybe stop to learn a thing or two before complaining mindlessly.

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Dec 2018, 08:07 AMblancat

Sooo maybe be grateful anyone is putting in an effort at all to fix and balance the game after five years. Most games nowadays have two year life cycles and are then abandoned.
13 Dec 2018, 09:50 AM

I want to say usf looks more viable now and i really like it great job guys
13 Dec 2018, 09:55 AM

Just had a game yesterday vs OKW, Being able to have HMG + ATgun is so nice.
But I need to test it more.
13 Dec 2018, 10:06 AM

OK, so let's ignore this guy and try and get back on topic...

But let's be honest, it's way way too early to say for those of us just trying out the new changes for the first time.

My only comment so far is that while the Airborne drops at least got MP discount, I think they should have cost 0 MP in the first place; rather they should cost munitions only. That keeps Airborne viable. It's already MP-costly and time-consuming enough to crew the weapon, then go and reinforce the squad and the weapon, and then bring them back into the fight - and keep in mind also you already had to call in Pathfinders & build a beacon, and will be spending shitloads of MP on Paras in the near future, if you want to make full use of the commander as designed.

Yes, if you add up the MP costs from reinforcing, they are lower so you can argue the weapons should still cost some MP; but the whole point of a commander ability is that they should be an actual bonus of some kind anyway; at the moment it still feels more like a hassle than a bonus.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

New Zealand 33
Germany 5
unknown 4
unknown 3
Germany 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L