Login

russian armor

Brit chess

22 Nov 2018, 11:51 AM

Brits went from being all about chess to just blobbing infantry sections.
Sections win over volks in green cover from the start of the game.
If you have enough IS, mgs can be taken down through blobbing through suppression.

22 Nov 2018, 12:28 PM

You realize it applies to literally all long range infantry squads?
3-4 long range squads will always take down HMG which is not in cover frontally.

Also, if he is blobbing so hard, just cap the whole map and roll over his blob with fast tank?

Mines are also a thing.
22 Nov 2018, 14:26 PM

Blobing with Brits is totally not worth it (unless you are CaptainSPrice, then you can make it work)
Cover bonus, lowest on the move accuracy, costly and face MGs that can actually suppress, (although the 34 often screwes up)
Getting 2-3 IS and synergizing with the rest of the units is always the better option
23 Nov 2018, 03:11 AM

I too miss when The British were a true thinking man's faction.

23 Nov 2018, 06:21 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Nov 2018, 12:28 PMKatitof
You realize it applies to literally all long range infantry squads?
3-4 long range squads will always take down HMG which is not in cover frontally.

Also, if he is blobbing so hard, just cap the whole map and roll over his blob with fast tank?

Mines are also a thing.

What do you mean roll over his blob?

Like try to run them over?
23 Nov 2018, 07:01 AM

hahahaha good one
23 Nov 2018, 07:16 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Nov 2018, 06:21 AMNaOCl

What do you mean roll over his blob?

Like try to run them over?

Yes. They’re the only mainline infantry in the entire game that doesn’t have snares.
23 Nov 2018, 07:29 AM

Yes. They’re the only mainline infantry in the entire game that doesn’t have snares.

I honestly didn't know this was a mechanic, tried with a t-70, doesn't work for me, inf just dodge it. :(
23 Nov 2018, 07:39 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Nov 2018, 07:29 AMNaOCl

I honestly didn't know this was a mechanic, tried with a t-70, doesn't work for me, inf just dodge it. :(

Has to be a vehicle with medium crush or greater. Basically means medium tanks and bigger.

So shermans, p4s, ostwinds, t34s, etc., and anything larger (panther, kt) yes. T70, 222, luchs, clown car, etc., no.

Valentine actually also still has medium crush IIRC despite it not really being a real medium.

It takes a little bit of practice to pull off but can be useful. You can also always run over the guy trying to faust/at nade your tank every single time if you’re so inclined, as he won’t jump out of the way. I always do it with tanks if they try to snare at full health, it’s a guaranteed free kill.
23 Nov 2018, 08:11 AM

Has to be a vehicle with medium crush or greater. Basically means medium tanks and bigger.

So shermans, p4s, ostwinds, t34s, etc., and anything larger (panther, kt) yes. T70, 222, luchs, clown car, etc., no.

Valentine actually also still has medium crush IIRC despite it not really being a real medium.

It takes a little bit of practice to pull off but can be useful. You can also always run over the guy trying to faust/at nade your tank every single time if you’re so inclined, as he won’t jump out of the way. I always do it with tanks if they try to snare at full health, it’s a guaranteed free kill.

Cheers man, that's a good little tip, t-34/76 is so fast, I'm definitely going to try this out.
23 Nov 2018, 09:35 AM

CURRENTLY. They will soon become the faction with the most snares ever. And also snares on cheap and durable AT slinging squads (sappers). In typical relic fashion if it's worth doing its worth doing poorly!
23 Nov 2018, 11:01 AM

That is incorrect. Crush humans is different property than light/medium/heavy crush, for instance SU-76 can crush humans (as far as I can remember).
23 Nov 2018, 11:41 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Nov 2018, 08:11 AMNaOCl

Cheers man, that's a good little tip, t-34/76 is so fast, I'm definitely going to try this out.

Wait, are you playing custom game with Soviets vs Brits?
23 Nov 2018, 12:31 PM

blobbing bren tommies is not that good because of the out of cover penalty.

LMG grens actually do more DPS out of cover
23 Nov 2018, 12:37 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Nov 2018, 08:11 AMNaOCl

Do keep in mind that it only works if your (medium) tank is 100% HP. Running over the guy with the faust will automatically let that model fire set faust (despite how far the animation had gotten to actually firing it) and deal damage. So if you run him over mid-animation it will still deal damage and engine critical when the tank is damaged. It does not prevent the faust from firing.
23 Nov 2018, 13:58 PM

No emplacements? Really?
23 Nov 2018, 14:18 PM

Wait, are you playing custom game with Soviets vs Brits?

no lol!
23 Nov 2018, 14:40 PM

Very nice :clap:
23 Nov 2018, 15:49 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Nov 2018, 11:01 AMVipper

That is incorrect. Crush humans is different property than light/medium/heavy crush, for instance SU-76 can crush humans (as far as I can remember).

Oh that’s interesting. Thanks for the correction.

Do keep in mind that it only works if your (medium) tank is 100% HP. Running over the guy with the faust will automatically let that model fire set faust (despite how far the animation had gotten to actually firing it) and deal damage. So if you run him over mid-animation it will still deal damage and engine critical when the tank is damaged. It does not prevent the faust from firing.

Yeah probably should’ve made that part more explicit.
23 Nov 2018, 16:17 PM

Oh that’s interesting. Thanks for the correction.

I am just glad I could be of help.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight