Login

russian armor

Feedback for Commander Revamppatch

PAGES (107)down
28 Oct 2018, 12:24 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Oct 2018, 12:07 PMStark
According to this (after 11:00):

Commander revamp preview 1.8 notes review & demonstrations

kv-8 can win vs p4 on every range and can wipe 2 paks easily. Price of the unit is around 135 fuel if i recall correctly. This unit become bloody opieOP right now OR a huge price increase. Right now is really close to become a small Croc for 100 fuel less.

Tests are not always correct without a real game. As I said above, I spent
several test match with KV-8 and any tank and AT weapon penetrates it. No penetration is the exception rather than the rule.
28 Oct 2018, 12:50 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Oct 2018, 12:07 PMStark
According to this (after 11:00):

Commander revamp preview 1.8 notes review & demonstrations

kv-8 can win vs p4 on every range and can wipe 2 paks easily. Price of the unit is around 135 fuel if i recall correctly. This unit become bloody opieOP right now OR a huge price increase. Right now is really close to become a small Croc for 100 fuel less.

I am not sure who came up with the idea of giving at 45 mm gun better close penetration at 140 than the 75mm gun at 125, and did not though it would be unrealistic and would cause problems.

Even if a PzIV tried flank this unit to penetrate it will probably also expose its weak rear/side armor that can be penetrate reliably even at max range.

In addition Soviet industry now has 2 units with damage reduction and repair stations.
28 Oct 2018, 13:16 PM

Can you please give Vickers same stats as Maxim? It overperform so much and is spamed on mass. Vickers has too much DPS for a fraction which can build a Bren-Carrier with MG-upgrade, Centaur and Bofors. And last of them also overperform. Give Bofors same weapon-stats as Ostwind.

So, beside of that off-topic. I don't get the idea of new Ostheer revamp. They are both not good and fail hard.

E.g.
German-Infantry:

-Why removing the artillery officer, if he would be the perfect tool for 5 men Pios and Grens? It would be the perfect support.
-How asked for the Sturmtruppen-revamp?
-The 250 is a nice idea, but it would be less pigheaded if you remove the MGs of 251 and give it the option for the MG42 upgrade by commander instead of 250+Gren, 250+PnzGren etc.
-German-Infantry would work better with a Penal-equivalent instead of Sturmtruppe. 4-men tank-hunter squad with 2 Panzerbüchse and an AT-bomb.
-The 5men ability is working awkward. Make it like UK-5men option and make it without this upgrade for every squad. Why removing the LMG42 upgrade?
-etc.

E.g.
Community-defense-Commander:

-The concrete bunkers are a nice idea, also the repair-one. But I don't understand, why you guys made it so complicated? Only because of the blue-print for the concrete one? It would be easier, if you use the normal dirt-bunker for the repair-building instead. Set the build-animater for dirt-bunker to e.g. 0,8 so it spawn without roof. If medic-bunker it spawns the roof+red-cross. If refresh-bunker it spawns the roof+base-logo. If MG-bunker it stays without roof but with MG. If repair-bunker it spawns with the normal roof and some fuel-barrels etc.
...the concrete-bunker stays like it is now, only with MG. But why not give tank-blockers the blue-print of concrete-dragon-teeth?
-I like the idea of StuG E in that commander, but why not remove the PaK88 instead for hull-down? So StuG E gets range-bonus and Osttruppen get some artillery support too. Over all I think hull-down works better than 88.

etc.

All other fractions are ok... but:
-KV8. I would like to see the hole AT-gun removed. Let it be a flame-tank only.
-Sturmtiger is also pigheaded. But you all know that...
-Ostheer-flame-grandes of 250-mortar and the bombing-run have so bad stats... never saw someone using it since it got nerfed some years ago.
-US M8A1 Howitzer Motor Carriage also overperform. Why not giv it stats of StuG E. It is a nerf in the right way.
-Remove the critical-hit of StuG E.

28 Oct 2018, 13:23 PM

I agree, the KV-8 needs to be toned down or the unit has to be A LOT MORE expensive (200 fuel).
28 Oct 2018, 14:16 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Oct 2018, 13:23 PMSmartie

I agree, the KV-8 needs to be toned down or the unit has to be A LOT MORE expensive (200 fuel).

I’m looking at how people claim that the KV-8 - OP has an increase in fuel. If its characteristics will be like Cherchel-crocodile, and will fire from the flamethrower and the main weapon simultaneously - raise the price. Otherwise, this buff will not change the KV-8 gameplay at all. Only slightly improve performance.
28 Oct 2018, 16:50 PM

Am I only one finding it hilarious people started crying about KV-8 when it got turned into a soviet Brummbar - unit which not only hardcounters AT infantry and AT guns but also can fight off enemy mediums? Not that it's a good thing considering Brum is clearly OP

Giving KV-8 T-70 gun with a slower reload and ability to use it alongside flamethrower would be far more balanced in the end - at least unit would have clear definitions what it counters and what its countered by, intead of a unit which can take on armor or infantry with a single click switch weapons

Also if you look at stats of 45mm gun and its reload speed its obvious that its almost same pen and DPS of KV-1 except KV-8 also can switch to a flamethrower. Like I said before - these last round changes were either rushed due to no time for proper testing or clearly not very well thought out
28 Oct 2018, 17:08 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Oct 2018, 16:50 PMKirrik
Am I only one finding it hilarious people started crying about KV-8 when it got turned into a soviet Brummbar - unit which not only hardcounters AT infantry and AT guns but also can fight off enemy mediums? Not that it's a good thing considering Brum is clearly OP

Giving KV-8 T-70 gun with a slower reload and ability to use it alongside flamethrower would be far more balanced in the end - at least unit would have clear definitions what it counters and what its countered by, intead of a unit which can take on armor or infantry with a single click switch weapons

Do you really compare KV8 with Brummbär? KV8 should be a Sdkfz 251/16 Flammpanzer with armor and more hp. Now it is what we call in German "eine eierlegende Wollmichlsau" -> "a egg laying wool-milk-pig". A no-brainer.

For comparison, even a Sherman with high-explosive is better than a Brummbär for normal user. Brummbär is only usefull if by letter G and hit-ground. More micro needed than any other AT-tank. Even M8A1 Howitzer Motor Carriage is way better. (ok, it is op as shit… ist shell is too fast and the explosive Animation is broken… should get same shell as StuG E).

The 45mm gun should be removed. There is no need for it. You have enough tools as soviet.
28 Oct 2018, 17:13 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Oct 2018, 16:50 PMKirrik

Also if you look at stats of 45mm gun and its reload speed its obvious that its almost same pen and DPS of KV-1 except KV-8 also can switch to a flamethrower. Like I said before - these last round changes were either rushed due to no time for proper testing or clearly not very well thought out

In fact, the KV-8 and T-70 are the same gun (45-mm tank gun 1932/38, 20-K). But the KV-8 would have a faster reload: because there are three people in the turret - the commander, the gunner and the loader. In the T-70, one person makes three roles. But if simultaneous use of the main gun and flamethrower is realized, then the rate of fire from the gun will be reduced - due to the constant change of the gunner’s focus. If not, the KV-8 should have a higher rate of fire than the T-70.
28 Oct 2018, 17:14 PM

For comparison, even a Sherman with high-explosive is better than a Brummbär for normal user. Brummbär is only usefull if by letter G and hit-ground. More micro needed than any other AT-tank. Even M8A1 Howitzer Motor Carriage is way better. (ok, it is op as shit… ist shell is too fast and the explosive Animation is broken… should get same shell as StuG E)

Are you serious?
You are comparing the stock Sherman and the Scott to the StuPa!?
Jesuschrist...
28 Oct 2018, 18:12 PM
Director of Moderation Badge

Can we nerf the rear armor of allied heavies? Finally got it on the KV-2 but churchills still sit at 180 as do KV-1s and maybe KV-8s. These are heavy tanks; slow and steady should be their game. Not dive deep because flanks don't matter.

Sherman 76 is still sitting at 165 MINIMUM penetration with a 4.5 second reload. That tank will still shit on panzer 4s if you let it go through.
28 Oct 2018, 20:09 PM

Are you serious?
You are comparing the stock Sherman and the Scott to the StuPa!?
Jesuschrist...

Compare them. One need micro, one is a no-brainer.
28 Oct 2018, 20:34 PM

I don't think the StuPa, which is extremely hard to kill unless hopelessly outmatched by Tank Destroyers, is the one that requires micro.
Specially considering you can use Panzer Tactician on it, Bunker Buster Barrage to kill ATGs safely at vet1, then getting armored skirts at vet2.
Scotts are good but they aren't called "One of the most OP units in the game" as the StuPa does currently.
29 Oct 2018, 16:30 PM
Donator 11

Is it possible that brits can get a Scuttle ability similar to what the pak43 has now in the test build?
29 Oct 2018, 16:47 PM

Yeah. Sherman and scott take micro because they’ll never bounce anything, go up against panthers, brummbars, and heavies and die significantly faster and the brummbar is god tier anti infantry that can shoot over shotblockers, barrage at like at gun range with vet (so can Scott, to be fair) and bounces anything with less pen than a Brit at gun more often than not while also having a lot of health. It even gets more health and armor with vet. Sure, it takes micro too, but at least it doesn’t get vaporized if you mess up with it for like 2 seconds.

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Oct 2018, 16:30 PMMittens
Is it possible that brits can get a Scuttle ability similar to what the pak43 has now in the test build?

That would be nice, especially for the mortar pit.
29 Oct 2018, 16:52 PM

Yes brumbar is no brainer especially with smoke but scott is just light vehicule and really u need mjcro it lol
Anyway your opinon is useless if u think vickers is op. Evrybody knows that brits sux right now. #nerfsexton
29 Oct 2018, 16:56 PM

Permanently Banned

Do you really compare KV8 with Brummbär? KV8 should be a Sdkfz 251/16 Flammpanzer with armor and more hp. Now it is what we call in German "eine eierlegende Wollmichlsau" -> "a egg laying wool-milk-pig". A no-brainer.

For comparison, even a Sherman with high-explosive is better than a Brummbär for normal user. Brummbär is only usefull if by letter G and hit-ground. More micro needed than any other AT-tank. Even M8A1 Howitzer Motor Carriage is way better. (ok, it is op as shit… ist shell is too fast and the explosive Animation is broken… should get same shell as StuG E).

The 45mm gun should be removed. There is no need for it. You have enough tools as soviet.

+100000 Brummbar is a skill unit. I'm a very active forum member and I'm seen enough of Kirrik's posts and he is undeniably allied biased. He won't understand that the Brum is harder to use than a HE Sherman which doesn't require hold fire to deal with moving units. I think the KV8 didn't need any changes at all. It's already a very good tank that can take on at guns frontally and doesn't require hold fire either. I think the autocannon should reliably penetrate mediums at close range but drop off significantly at med and long so its a defensive cannon to defend itself. The test shows that even at max range kv8 easily beats p4
30 Oct 2018, 09:21 AM

i think that you guys forget about its stat. the brumbar's AOE radius is 6 and do damage at least 32(damage far), while sherman HE's radius is 4 and damage far is 16. I also think that the new KV-8 matchs with brumbar, which has same front armor as panther, needs five hits to kill, and has good penetration(140/120/100).
PAGES (107)down
3 users are browsing this thread: 3 guests

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS